(Closed) 10 months … am I behind?

posted 6 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
1190 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I think you are on the right track!!

Wedding dresses take approx 6 months to come in so you still have plenty of time. Have you started looking?

I didn’t get my invited completed until about 2.5 months before and I never sent out STD’s

You have the 3 major things booked! I would probably start looking for a caterer soon though as they may book up quick. Your venue doesn’t cater?

Post # 5
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I think you’re doing fine… mostly because i am at the pretty much same place 🙂   My venue does cater so I do have that 🙂 

But I have not yet even looked at dresses or bridesmaid dresses (minus online drooling!) or invitations/stds.  But I do like the idea of Christmas cards 🙂

Post # 6
2777 posts
Sugar bee

I’m pretty much in the same place you are as well, and I like the idea of Save the Dates as Xmas cards, I was thinking of sending my STD post cards around that time but didn’t want them to get lost in the overwhelming amount of mail that goes out then.

Post # 7
13248 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I honestly would skip Save-The-Date Cards in or as Christmas cards.  I look at them and toss them away, and I tihnk you’d run the risk with people either not noticing or accidentally recycling them.

Post # 8
2777 posts
Sugar bee

@abbie017:  That what I was worried about as well.  I was thinking of waiting til the first week of Jan any earlier and I think my family would lose them.

Post # 9
2335 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I think you’re okay but you should lock down that caterer asap- July is a very popular month for weddings and you don’t want to lose the one you’ve been talking to.  Have you started looking at dresses yet?  It would be good to order in the next few months.

Post # 11
9 posts
Newbee

@kariface:  I’m glad you asked, since I was feeling the same way!!

I need to get a photographer, stat… I am in marketing and have hired pro photographers before, but Fiance thinks is absolutely out of the question that we spend more than $500 (which is NOTHING for photos).

So, if anyone has a lead on a cheap and talented photographer in the Portland area, let me know!

I am also doing Save-The-Date Cards as Xmas cards – I was thinking more wedding themed than holiday themed, just so they stand out from all the holiday mail you get.

The topic ‘10 months … am I behind?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors