10 months gone, 2 to go

posted 2 weeks ago in Waiting
Post # 61
923 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Nobody waits until the last possible day to claim a winning lottery ticket. I’d be annoyed, too.

Moreover, I’d start making plans to leave and saying no to any couple plans (vacations, leases) that obligate you past December.  If he wants to leave you wondering about his intentions, it’s fair to react as though you don’t know his intentions.

Post # 62
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

coffeecakez :  Fantastic point, no one waits until the last posible day to do something they are really excited and enthusiastic about. This whole thing sounds like an excersise in frustration, however good an indication of OP’s boyfriends true intentions it may be.

Post # 63
1505 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

coffeecakez :  Came here to say exactly this. If he won a million bucks and had a year to claim it, I doubt he’d be waiting a whole year to do it.  And shouldn’t the love of his life feel like a million bucks to him?

Post # 66
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

sparkle99 :  If thats how you feel, which by the way is completely reasonable and the way many bees have felt in your position before, I would seriously think about whether or not you still, deep down, want to shackle yourself to this guy till kingdom come. Have you seen this?: https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/the-reason-hes-not-proposing-to-you/ 

I would give it a read and see it resonates with you at all, there are also a lot of women sharing their experiences in the comments that you might be able to draw wisdom from. Xx 

Post # 67
169 posts
Blushing bee

sparkle99 :  If it’s making you feel that way, you should talk to him. I don’t understand the point of holding off to avoid upsetting your partner. He’s actively choosing to make you wait for something he knows you want very much.

Post # 68
140 posts
Blushing bee

How are you doing, OP? Did you have any further discussions on the engagement with your boyfriend?

Post # 69
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2029

beetobe27 :  I agree!  I wouldn’t trust that he would propose after letting you down last December.

Post # 72
169 posts
Blushing bee

sparkle99 :  So you asked him why he is waiting till the end of the timeline?

Post # 74
4042 posts
Honey bee

That’s not very promising OP, I’m  sorry.

Post # 75
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2029

sparkle99 :  Isn’t the marrying kind?  That sounds really off.  I believe the guy gives a girl a timeline to surprise her.  My Fiance said by the end of the year and proposed a few weeks after the discussion (end of last year).  I don’t think he wants to marry you….

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors