(Closed) 10 months to go – Dec 2013 bees!

posted 6 years ago in December 2013
Post # 3
899 posts
Busy bee

10 months! the thought of 9 months makes me anxious! single digits!

anyways i haven’t finalized anything since last month, i’m waiting to go to a bridal show to book some appointments with bakeries

my mother is working on getting us a string quartet for our ceremony through someone she knows

i also have to start thinking about save the dates! i was hoping to use a picture from our engagemet shoot but  we’re running short on time  and i haven’t even booked our shoot yet

Post # 5
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@Nic01:  Love this idea!! Thanks for keeping us all in touch! 🙂

I’ve booked: ceremony, reception, photography, videography, photo booth

I’m looking into: florist, dj, and officiant. I’m calling a pastor this afternoon and waiting to hear back on a couple of e-mails. I have a meeting this evening with a DJ whom I think am going to love but will probably be out of my price range 🙁 Tomorrow we’re meeting with a florist! I’d really like to get those things booked by the end of the month. Oh! I also would like to order our STD by the end of the month.

I wanted to have finalised (deposit paid) by next month: Officiant/Pastor, DJ (try to pay the most we can)

Highlight of the month: Finding my wedding dress!! I love it!

Frustration of the month: thinking ahead of getting an apartment… I just want a beautiful wedding. I feel like if we move out in the summer (cheaper rent) it would take away from money I could be putting towards the wedding 🙁

Also… I have a feeling one of my bridesmaids is going to be a huge headache. She’s already said some things that make me question her seriousness to this wedding.. hope I don’t sound like a bridezilla.

Post # 6
899 posts
Busy bee

@Nic01:  i’m aiming for april or may depending on how it works with our engagement pictures. When are you sending yours?

Post # 9
899 posts
Busy bee

@Nic01:  i bet! that’s so exciting!

Post # 10
319 posts
Helper bee

10 months!?!? Oh god. 

I’ve booked: ceremony/officiant/church, reception venue, DJ, Photography (Almost!)

I’m looking into: Caterer, florist, maaaaybe videography, DRESS!!!

I wanted to have finalised (deposit paid) by next month: Venue finished, caterer

Highlight of the month: Finally figuring out the photographer! We met with two and I was feeling really annoyed about the process until we met with the second one and I am so excited about it now!

Frustration of the month: See above…..also, I’m frustrated at the vendors I reach out to just to get more information, then hounding us to book with them and I feel like a big meanie saying we chose someone else! 

I have yet to ask my bridesmaids….I’m still debating on one girl. I can’t wait to go dress shopping later this month! Oh and I just finished my save the dates so those should be sent out by the end of February!

Post # 11
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Well my wedding is in November (YAY 9 months!) not december so I hope you dont mind me posting!

I’ve booked: venue and reception,dress, just purchased STD’s, videographer and honeymoon

I’m looking into: working on florist, photographer and DJ right now

Highlight of the month: OH! The photobooth :]

Frustration of the month:  All the photographers Ive wanted so far are already taken on my date :{

How far in advance are you sending out your SAVE THE DATES?

Post # 12
222 posts
Helper bee

@Nic01:  

here she is!! i’m kinda obsessed LOL!

update on DJ: Met with one last night and he was AMAZING!! just a tad bit over budget but I soo want him to do our wedding. Waiting to meet with florist today to see what they quote us.

Post # 15
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Love this! We can all keep each other on track : )

I’ve booked/bought: venue, reception, priest, purchased dress, seamstress and all fittings up to the wedding date, signs for the reception

I’m looking into: Wedding bands, DJs (spoke to a few already), photographers

I wanted to have finalised (deposit paid) by next month: Florist (know who we’re going to use, just haven’t met with her yet) and Photographer

Highlight of the month: Finding a wonderful seamstress and having a great dinner with my  parents and FI’s parents.

Frustration of the month: Worrying about who to include on the guest list, but we worked on it together and got the guest list in line with our budget.

Here’s my dress : )

Post # 16
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@nemoandthebrain:  First off, your dress is amazing! It looks wonderful on you. 

I’m not sure where you live, but when I was looking for apartments, I kept a tracker on the best times to move. August does have low prices, but I got a great deal in November (didn’t move til Dec). If you’re ok with waiting it out til close to the wedding date, I think you might be able to find apartments just as cheap as during the summer. No one tends to want to move close to the holidays.

The topic ‘10 months to go – Dec 2013 bees!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors