(Closed) 10 months to go (tomorrow) *all smiles*

posted 7 years ago in July 2012
  • poll: When do you plan on booking your honeymoon (or when did you -if you already booked it?
    9-12 months out : (2 votes)
    15 %
    6-8 months out : (4 votes)
    31 %
    3-5 months out : (6 votes)
    46 %
    1-2 months out : (1 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 3
    7291 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

I think it depends on your budget and who is paying for it! and also where you are going!

I’m a fan of waiting til the last minute because I never know what is going to be happening In life -a lot can happen in 6-9 months. Also if you haven’t paid and planned out everything for your wedding, you could realistically go over budget and need to use some of your honeymoon fund!

Obviously if its something that takes a lot of planning and prep  or fills up quick you must start earlier than usual ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
    344 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I voted 6-8 months. I plan (hopefully) to book a trip by November. I know crazy because of the holidays but luckily, I only splurge on niece and nephew since no big family. My rationale is that I rather book the honeymoon at a cost reasonable to Fiance and me and if we need to take money away from the wedding, we will. We are paying for the wedding too so that factors into it. We’re thinking Aruba but not 100 percent. Hawaii would be great but the cost is definitely more. Maybe I’ll win the lottery in the meantime…haha

Post # 6
    71 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

@trulyblessed: Date Twin!

We are waiting until May when alot of the wedding payments are due and after the stag and doe and see where we are at budget wise before we book. We are also tossing around the idea of waiting last minute to take advantage of the deals and so our honeymoon locale is kind of a surprise lol ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 7
    157 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

We are planning to book in the next couple months, but that is just because I am horribly impatient about it.  Haha.  I am so looking forward to it!  Also, if we book at least 6 months out, we get the early saver rate.  We are taking a Royal Caribbean cruise and it saves us quite a bit of money.  

Post # 9
    241 posts
    Helper bee

my Future In-Laws are paying for the honeymoon and we already picked out what we want to do (a cruise), where we want to go, etc. So we are just waiting on them to go ahead and book it. I think they will in the next month or two. 

The topic ‘10 months to go (tomorrow) *all smiles*’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors