Post # 1
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
I totally forgot to post this until now. If you’re new to the boards or haven’t seen this post before, I like to get everyone to post 10 non-wedding related things about ourselves, so that we can remember that we’re not just brides; we’re people.
Here are mine:
- I like fresh raspberries, but artificial raspberry-flavored ANYTHING makes me want to gag. I also dislike mustard, pickles, and cooked mushrooms, but will eat almost anything else.
- I love any movie or book that takes place in a mental hospital or prison
- I have seen the movie “Heathers” so many times that at one point in high school, I could recite the entire movie without it being on.
- I read incredibly fast. If I’ve got the time, I can read a book in a day or less. A few years ago, during a 4-day trip to Mexico, I read six full-length novels.
- I am usually pretty frugal but have no problem splurging on a nice, soft leather bag.
- There is something about being on an airplane that just lulls me to sleep. Whenever I fly (which is quite often), I am usually asleep before the safety speech.
- I rarely if ever turn my cell phone ringer on, which means I never, ever hear my phone and never pick it up, unless I am specifically expecting a call. I guess I just like to be unreachable sometimes.
- I hate being hot. I would much rather be really cold and put on three sweaters and drink cup after cup of tea than be hot.
- I am very skeptical by nature and tend not to believe in things like ghosts, psychics, past lives, etc.
- I sprained my ankle very badly about two years ago and it’s never been the same. It still acts up all the time, and I can’t work out as often as I’d like. It sucks.
Post # 3
Ooh I love these. I thought of one the other day and now I’ve totally forgotten, darn it!
- I’d rather be at home than anywhere else. I sort of hate going out, especially overnight. I love it here.
- I would eat melon and proscuitto for every meal if I could.
- I watch Golden Girls every day from 2-3 if I’m home (I work from home). I totally love that show.
- I’ve never seen The Godfather.
- I love books set in ancient China. I have no idea why but I devour them.
- I hate the winter. I don’t watch hockey (never even been to a game). I may be the worst Canadian ever, LOL! I’m very proud to be Canadian, but I think I’m not very good at it!
- I’m obsessed with The Game of Life on my iPhone. I play it every night before bed. It’s awful.
- I have songs for each of my cats. Yes, I am a crazy cat lady. It’s proven.
- My sister and I look so different (pretty much complete opposites) most people don’t believe we’re related.
- I absolutely hate olives. Yucky.
Post # 4
I’ll play along, slow day at work! 🙂
- I love, love, love movies and about dancing – any kind of dancing. Not sure why, I danced for a few years when I was younger, but haven’t done any formal dancing in years.
- I played field hockey for 6 years – I miss it!
- I have lived in NY (central – think Fingerlakes) my entire life, and hope to experience a new state soon.
- I love both sunshine and rain equally. Nothing is better than waking up to sun, however I love my black and white rain boots, and splashing in puddles.
- Rubber ducks make me smile.
- I can’t seem to keep plants alive, even one’s that don’t need to be watered.
- I’m allergic to almost all kinds of fish, with the exception of tuna.
- I am highly organized, but only at work. I can never keep my apartment picked up.
- I’m a twin, and twin brother has been my best friend (literately!) my entire life!
- I don’t have a favorite color. I really do love pretty much all colors out there!
Post # 5
1. My favorite food is mashed potatoes.
2. I love the season autumn best-the chillier, the better! (Don’t like the heat)
3. I wish I lived in a different state, because I’m ‘bored’ of Pennsylvania after all these years.
4. I’m worried about not being able to get pregnant and being a good mother.
5. I can say the alphabet backwards in about three seconds.
6. I’m a die-hard Phillies and Eagles fan.
7. I’m sad that the show LOST is done. 🙁
8. I absolutely hate pickles and coleslaw.
9. My absolute favorite thing is the ocean. I love the sounds, smells and would love to live on the water somewhere!
10. I love humor. The more the better-I think laughter is certainly the best medicine and makes the world go ’round better. 🙂 LOLOLOL
Post # 6
I love these! Thanks @Danadelphia :]
1. I love California sour dough bread. I haven’t come across anything that tastes remotely close to California sour dough. I miss it so much that my mom sends me some in the mail :]
2. I think that snow is only good for one thing… snowboarding!
3. I’m obsessed with my nephew (5 1/2) and my niece (3 1/2). I think that they’re the coolest little beings that I’ve ever encountered.
4. I grew up riding dirt bikes and quads.
5. I learned how to drive a stick shift truck before I learned how to drive an automatic car.
6. I love playing the piano :]
7. I’ll never go back to a PC computer. I love my Mac SO much!
8. I’m addicted to Glee and I burned an entire cd of their tunes so I can jam to them by myself in my car.
9. I love to sleep. That’s my favorite part of the day… bed time!
10. I have an insane sweet tooth. You name it, I pretty much love it all! Oreo’s are topping the list right now :]
Post # 7
1) i like to play Angry Birds on my iphone. Addiction.
2) i put my cat in bed with me, but in HIS cube first.
3) i snack on seaweed
4) i like pickles wrapped in cream cheese and salamis
5) I type about 100 words a minute
6) I like sparkly water and drink it all the time at work!
7) Two things I don’t really care about that will get me flamed: blood diamonds/being green. I’m very “whatev” about it.
8) A U.S. flag flies outside my home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
9) I love period and spy novels.
10) I heart anything orange
Post # 8
1. I have a 3 yr old son that I adore! without him i couldnt breathe.
2. I am in love with The main singer from the band The Fray! I wish i could marry him he is so cute! ha ha (sorry Fiance i love you a lot)
3. I love Twitter. I am crazy about celeb news and reading their blogs!
4. I wear a size 10 US shoe and I hate it! my foot is so big and they never have my size!
5. I am an Only Child. I don’t really like to share lol
6. I hate wearing an outfit more than once but since I got a mortgage now and planning this wedding I have too =/
7. I wish I was closer to my Sisters N law. For the first time in my life i have sisters and we dont get along all that well.
8. I love playing with my sons toys and going to toys r us to check out the new toys. I could watch cartoons all day with him too my fave is Spongebob
9. I LOVE PASTA! Its my weakness! and I love trying new recipes.
10. My favorite dessert is Banana pudding =)
Post # 10
never did one of these before.. but i think i like it already!!
1. i love the beach and everything summer related!
2. my car is my favorite accessory.. acura <3
3. my past will not dictate who i am, but it has played a role in who i’ve become
4. being confindent in my own independance is mandatory
5. shopping is a great past-time for me
6. my family is something i could never live with out
7. spa days are my favorite days
8. college was long,, (6 years to graduate but with no loans) but when i think back it probably wasnt long enough!
9. junk food is a weakness for me!
10. as much as i hate “working” i love my job
Post # 11
Oooh – I’ve always seen these but have never posted so here it goes!
1. From April 2009 – April 2010, I lived in four different states (yay for being settled in TX now!).
2. I love fruit. All fruit. And would eat it all the time if I could!
3. The item at the top of my bucket list is to cage dive with great white sharks off the coast of South Africa.
4. I can’t grow plants to save my life. My Fiance is currently trying to teach me not to kill the little planter we put on the deck.
5. There are many movies that everyone has seen that I have never seen. Fiance has given me timeframes in the past during which I must watch some of these movies.
6. I can read really quickly, to the point where I’ve had people jokingly ask if I’m actually reading everything or just pretending.
7. Despite being a really picky eater, I thought it would be a good idea once to eat a fried grasshopper in Mexico.
8. I once booked a surfing lesson for myself when I was travelling to Scarbourgh Beach in Perth, Australia. Unfortunately, I booked it at a shop on Scarbourgh Beach in England.
9. I spent a couple of nights patrolling the beach in Costa Rica, looking out for poachers. It was awesome!
10. I’m slightly obsessed with football, both NFL and college (especially my Colts and my Yellow Jackets!)
@ejs4y8 – No worries – I wouldn’t flame you for that because I’m the same way!
Post # 12
1. if its not obvious by my username, i have an obsession with college football. like, diehard. i can probably name you the top 5 (or 10..) teams every week of the season.
2.i hate raw tomatos. like, HATE them. i don’t even want to cut or touch them. it’s something about the texture. i love pizza sauce though.
3. i’m deathly allergic to tree nuts. i was hospitalized overnight once because i accidentally ate a walnut cookie. i carry an epipen, and on our 7th date, i showed my fiance how to use it (i find it romantic that he would jab me in the leg with the pen to save my life).
4. i have natural blonde hair, but people like to argue with me and tell me i dye it.
5. i have two guinea pigs and refer to them as ‘my kids’
6. i hoard bottles of wine because i’m afraid i’m going to run out. there are currently 18 bottles in our apartment, unopened.
7. even though i fly frequently, i am still terrified of takeoffs because someone told me thats the riskiest part of a flight.
8. my life goal is to travel to 20 countries before i die. i’ve made it to 12 so far.
9. i broke my ankle the first day of grad school because i was walking backwards, saying goodbye to someone, and talking on the phone all at the same time–i didn’t know there was a curb there 🙂
10. i have a weird obsession with checking the mail. like, i want to check it as soon as it arrives. i get giddy when i get packages–i’m weird.
Post # 13
1- I LOVE to knit & design patterns. Ive been spending way to much time doing wedding stuff I havnt had much time :(.
2- I love books that take place in London. I wish we got “tea” breaks in the us even tho I don’t drink tea.
3- I rarely do anything work related at work.
4- I am INLOVE with the little bins inside my fridge door that I HAD to get but never use.
5- When I was a kid my mom always told “you’ll get kid napped” about everything so I HATE going anywhere alone because I might get kid napped even sometimes when im alone in the house.
6- I cant seem to keep the TV in the same spot. We have been in our house for 1.5 years and ive moved it 7 times that I can think of. And really move it like Fiance needs to move where the cable comes into the room.
7- I have a serious shoe problem, I have so many pairs that have never met my feet.
8- I have never had a steak, hot dog, or hamburger. ( anything put chicken really)
9- I was prob 12 when I had soda for the 1st time.
10- I went to daycare for only 1 day in my life time. My dad tells me I went once and said “ I AM NEVER GOING BACK THERE” lucky for us my grandparents owned the flower shop my mom worked at.
Post # 14
1. I am a homebody. I would rather have dinner parties at the house than go to someone else’s house.
2. I am a perfectionist. I love my house clean and in tip top shape. I usually make a point of cleaning when my daughter is napping.
3. I am about to be a second time Mom, in 3 months. I am scared about the labor part.
4. Today is my daughter’s birthday and I have every intention of seeing that smile on her face!
5. I know this isn’t wedding related, but I love planning weddings, it kind of has taken over for me, lol.
6. I am in the process of wanting to go to law school.
7. I dye my hair red, but am in the process of going back to my regular color, which is a reddish brown.
8. I have green eyes and use them against my fiance, lol.
9. I used to hate being intimate and now I love it. I think it is all about who you are with.
10. I stopped biting my nails!
Post # 15
I havent seen this before, I like it!
1. Im a picky eater, but I love to cook. I just get rid of the things I dont like (tomatoes, peppers, etc)
2. I love reading but hate buying books because I will usually finish them in 1-2 days. And they arent short stories either 🙂
3. I watch way too much TV but theres just so many shows I love. My parents dont call me the “walking TV Guide” for nothing 🙂
4. Im addicted to my iphone, checking FB, playing Bejeweled…
5. I play way too far in advance. Just mentioned a big trip next year and Im already researching when we cant even do anything or book anything until next year!
6. There are only a couple people I like talking to on the phone. Everyone else I would much rather send a text to.
7. Ive never had a broken bone.
8. I am missing 8 teeth. They never grew in when my baby teeth fell out and now I have 4 dental implants
9. I love anything purple or with stars
10. Id much rather prefer to stay at home and hang out than to go out drinking or to clubs.
Post # 16
Here are mine!
1) Today is my last day at the bank, I start my new job Monday!!!
2) We have a 2-year-old, a cat, and 2 puppies (crazy house!)
3) I have the worst sweet tooth
4) My first car was a manual, as was my car after that
5) I love to read
6) I grew up riding horses
7) I love riding 4-wheelers and dirtbikes, hunting, fishing, camping, anything outdoors
8) I am the youngest of 3 girls
9) I had my tonsils and adnoids removed when I was in high school
10) I have never broken a bone (that I know about!)