(Closed) 10 NWR Things About You – June Edition

posted 10 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 17
990 posts
Busy bee

love this! yay! @bakerella, whenever I am off work, I will watch Golden Girls and it comes on 2-3 times (mini marathons) a day and I will watch each time, without hesitation.

1. I know the movie Clueless by heart and can give you line for line every scene in the movie and I own it on VHS and DVD
  2. I have a crippling fear of spiders, completely inexplicable but I just cannot be near them, see them, or hear of their existence
  3. I cannot and refuse to live without my blackberry, even though I will barely use it all day
  4. I long for the day when I can own two Doberman Pinschers, a girl and a boy, named Brooklyn and Bronx
  5. I have hidradentitis which is a skin disease and causes lesions and boils in my most active apocrine gland areas
  6. I absolutely love most old movies including Notorious, Houseboat, Imitation of Life, The Women (original), and Gone With the Wind
  7. I can mimic some European accents very well like Russian, Polish, French, Italian, and Spanish
  8. I will watch any movie that is based on a true story or that is a biographical film, I love real stories
  9. I had a “J” phase in high school and only dated guys who had this letter in their first names ie Jeremy, Justin, Jay, Joey, Jason, and Joe
  10. I could not stand my first name when I was younger, Mia (pron. Meeaaah) because everyone else was named Ashley or Jennifer

Post # 18
1205 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

These are great!  It’s actually kind of relieving to see others post things that are quirky and/or not-so-perfect since it makes me feel less guilty about my own flaws…

1. I am a perfectionist and don’t like displaying anything less than perfect in public. I’m working on getting over this since it is sometimes almost crippling.

2. I have social anxiety and hope this doesn’t get in the way at the wedding!

3. I was an English major and read (and still read) a lot of literary fiction…but I won’t pass up a good romance novel πŸ™‚

4. I love to quilt, knit, crochet, and cook. Can anyone say “50’s housewife”?

5. I have the cutest little bunny! Fiance and I picked him out together and I almost got a different one. Fiance made the right choice. He is so smart!

6. I love country & folk music. When Fiance and I started dating, I only disclosed some of my music preferences…but I’ve come out of the closet on that, and we both love most of the same music now (I listen to a lot more alternative & ska than I used to, and he loves folk & country!)

7. I’m in grad school, studying to be a librarian, but I’m really not 100% on what I want to do with it!

8. If curling up with a book and a cup of tea were a sport, I would be an Olympian.

9. I love puddle-jumping after a rainstorm.

10. Fiance and I are both totally, head-over-heels, in love with dogs. Pretty much all of them.  We talk about having a farm when we get older, and having 8 dogs of varying sizes, including an Australian Shepherd with whom we can practice agility training.  Hey, a girl can dream πŸ˜€

Post # 18
2090 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

1. My favorite dip for French fries is sour cream. A close second is honey mustard. I hate ketchup.

2. I spent hours and hours memorizing and practicing the “Peter Piper” song when I was little, and can still say the whole thing SUPER FAST. At the time I thought this would impress people – then I graduated elementary school!

3. I think sweet pickles are an abomination of both man and nature.

4. My cat is obsessed with my feet and ankles. She sleeps draped across one or both of my ankles every night, and usually puts her arm (paw) around my foot. I can’t imagine it’s comfortable, but it works for her. I can’t sleep well unless I feel her across my ankles.

5. I have a detailed contingency plan in case of a zombie apocalypse, and have bought items specifically for this plan (of course, I said they were for something else!!).

6. I am the worst pronouncer of foreign language words ever. Pronounce something French or Spanish, forgetaboutit. Like, it’s appalling. I don’t know why I suck so much at it! lol

7. My FH’s mom married someone 25 years older than her who had adult children from a previous marriage, and FH is 16 years older than me, so the span of ages between me and my soon to be step-brothers-in-law run from 28 (me) to 65 (eldest brother-in-law).

8. I have really long legs for my height. I’m only 5’3”, but can’t wear petite pants, and have to wear regular length pants several inches below my hips for them not to look like high waters.

9. When I sleep alone, I have to sleep surrounded on both sides by pillows.

10. I want to buy investment property
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. I look at listings everyday, and have a big ole excel spreadsheet that I update with asking prices of properties I like every month, so next year when we go to buy (hopefully), I can lowball the places that have been for sale for forever.

Post # 19
2788 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Alright, here goes nothing:

1) I’ve been a vegetarian my whole life. My whole immediate family is and I’ve never eaten meat before. I ate fish for 3 months in college but stopped because it was gross.

2) I am pretty unsentimental person in general, especially in my interpersonal relationships, but let me watch a sappy movie and I cry like a baby.

3) I am a cat person. I don’t like dogs – I like them in theory, but in reality they smell and slobber too much.

4) I’m the eldest, I have a brother who’s two years younger than me. We are pretty close.

5) I hate mushrooms, mostly because of their taste and texture, but also because it is a fungus.

6) I’ve been in many operas before, as a super (non-signing role) – because my mom is a professional singer.

7) I am more of a listerner than a talker and an observer than preformer; but am spontaneous to a fault.

8) I hate the water – the pool, the ocean, a hot tub. I do shower on a regular basis however.

9) I am equally comfortable shopping at Nordstrom’s as I am at Salvation Army; I frequently will have aspects of my wardrobe from both sorts of stores.

10) I love my alma mater – my dream job would be to work for my univeristy as a recruiter.

Post # 20
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

1) I’ve never traveled outside the North American continent, but I’ve been to both Canada and Mexico.

2) On work days, I can only drink water at my desk.  And I have flavor packets to put in it but I only allow myself to add one after I’ve refilled and drank my water bottle 3 times.

3) I got a rifle from my dad for my 16th birthday.

4) I have 4 brothers but no sisters.  I’m second-born.

5) I didn’t go to a Big10 (or any other 10) college and don’t get the whole sports/rivalry thing.  In fact, my college didn’t even have sports!

6) I loved to sing when I was in High School but I almost never sing to my daughter.  I feel silly and she’s only 1.

7) If I HAD to be on a reality show the only one I would do is The Amazing Race.  It looks so cool!

8) I love the beach and swimming but I hate salt water!

9) I love to go to micro breweries and try their beers!  I collect a pint glass from every one I’ve been to.

10) Ever since I had my daughter I swear my brain doesn’t work half the time!  I forget words, what I was looking for, etc.  I look like a moron and I’m an engineer!

Post # 21
103 posts
Blushing bee

1. I won’t watch a movie that recently came from a book.  There have been a couple exceptions to please family and Fiance only
  2. love, love, love playing board games
  3. I have been known to break out the coloring books and crayons/markers
  4. If there is something that needs to be done, I will research it to death first.  All thanks to the internet (I’ve been dubbed ‘research queen’ by my FI)
  5. I am a bit of a tomato snob.  If it isn’t home grown I probably won’t like it.
  6. At work I’d rather be on the internet (see #4).  It has made me a not so productive worker.
  7. I yawn a million times when riding in the car.  Given enough time I will fall asleep.
  8. absolutely hate being the center of attention
  9. do not like talking to non family on the phone
  10. anything medical related, especially blood will make me faint

Post # 22
5150 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’ll play πŸ™‚

1)I’m ALWAYS on time…read: I’m always early

2)I make lists EVERYDAY…a list of things to do, stuff to buy, goals I’ve set, etc. Sometimes on paper, sometimes on  my iPhone, sometimes both

3)I love the food network and recipes…I have a recipe box (from Etsy) that I try to add a few recipes a week to

4)I love to scrapbook but need to get better at *starting* the projects and not waiting as long inbetween pages 

5) I’m a control freak. I am not bossing or rude but I will say “No, I’m okay but thanks!!” so that I can just do it MY way (I’m working on being able to ask for help when I need it…which is easier for some things then others. I know it isn’t shameful, I’m working on it! πŸ˜‰ )

6) I love to go to resturants and if I could afford to (both moneywise and caloriewise) I would EVERY day…

7) …but I also LOVE to cook and bake πŸ™‚ But I hate buying all the ingredients! 

8) If I eat a mint of any kind I bite it (always) and then sneeze (always)

9) I *BLEED* green. Let’s go SPARTANS πŸ™‚ I love Michigan State (!!) and any Big 10 football and basketball. 

10) I’m reeeally competitive…and with weird things! I caught myself asking my fiance “How much are you at??!!” the other week while we were returning cans…pointless? yes but I still was doing it πŸ˜‰

Post # 23
1001 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

1. I just got back from NYC and I have total New York fever and want to move there like right this second.

2. There is something wrong with my jaw where it hurts to fully close my mouth and when I do, it feels like my teeth don’t line up.  I need to call the dentist but I’m dreading it.

3. I am dying to do the post-wedding chop.  My hair is super long, straight, and boring.  I would like a chin length bob with bangs.

4. I can’t go into Target without spending at least $40.  Today I just needed Tylenol and conditioner, and came home with a straw beach bag, a nail polish, and a cardigan too.  Sometimes I go for maybe cat litter or toilet paper, and instead come home with shoes and snacks, and forget what I went there for in the first place.

5. I cannot stop once I open a bag of Sour Patch Kids.  Even when my tongue starts getting raw, I still keep eating.

6. I am relieved my wedding is over.  I had a blast, but I was so tired of planning and writing checks.  My family went crazy about a month and a half prior.  I am ready for things to go back to normal.

7. I quit smoking 3 years ago after I realized I had smoked half my life and that was gross.  I had a cig on my honeymoon.  Whoops.  It was fine and it didn’t make me want to start again.

8. I am very excited for the next few weeks because I have tickets to see three of my favorite bands.  Going to concerts is my very favorite thing in the world.

9. I am proud of how LITTLE I spend on my outfit, rather than how much.  For example, today my dress was free, my shoes were $20, and my earrings were $3.  The only clothing I can justify spending more than $20 on is a nice bag.

10. All my friends are grad students and are moving at the end of the summer.  I’m really sad.  I’m losing 6 really good friends and I’m kind of in denial.

Oops, I just realized a couple of those are indirectly wedding-related.  Sorry.

Post # 24
1015 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2018

@blondeeebuckeye I also have a weird obsession with checking the mail πŸ™‚

@iceprincess717 How did you stop biting your nails?

@MrsH1010 I also have a crippling fear of spiders

Post # 25
611 posts
Busy bee

1. I love raw chocolate cookie dough

2. I had four semesters of Spanish and did well, but still can’t speak the language

3. I consider coffee to be my life force

4. I love reading bad reviews about places (restaraunts, nail salons, hotels…)

5. I was in the US Navy

6. When I was little I loved playing in the water at the beach, but was freaked out that something might get me at the deep end of the pool.

7. I bring flipflops to shower with when I got to hotels.

8. I like beer better than wine.

9. I pick nail polishes based off of what name they are given. (For a whole month my toes where cajun shrimp:)

10. My BFF and I plan to live out the rest of our lives as the Golden Girls:)

Post # 26
1560 posts
Bumble bee

awesome thread! I’ll start off with one someone else posted, but do ya better…

1. I wear a size 11 shoe – and it SUCKS!!!! seriously, i’d LOVE to own more shoes, but shoe shopping is practically painful – both emotionally and physically. πŸ™

2. I lived in Chicago for 4 years while going to school at Columbia College Chicago – where I got my Bachelors degree in Television Production.

3. I can’t get water in my ears. I’ve had tubes in/out of my ears since the age of 7 – had surgery on my right ear last year (tympanoplasty to repair the ear drum and mastoidechtomy to remove scar tissue) – and have hearing loss in my left ear and have to wear a hearing aid. I’m 30.

4. I LOVE books on tape – and am especially addicted to Harry Potter. I have all 7 on my ipod and will – every couple of months – listen to them straight through from book one to seven at work.

5. I’m terrified of the dark. Again I’m 30 – and yup – I’m terrified of scary movies (refuse to watch them) and always think there’s something going to get me…it’s gotten better since living with my hubby (sleeping in the same bed) and having our two dogs in the room with me – they wake me up if there’s anything “out there”…

6. I live low-carb/high fat as and truly do LOVE it – i could eat steak every day…but at the same time, I TOTALLY admit that I DO miss junk food – especially french fries and oreos.

7. I LOVE country music – but am like the only person I know who does…

8. I used to play Ultimate Frisbee in College.

9. I’m addicted to my laptop and am on it WAY too much (like no joke – all night, every night).

10. I LOVE roller coasters and can ride them all day long – but HATE any type of “swinging” motion and actually get sick ON the “swings” at amusement parks. The pirate ship – don’t even think about it.

Post # 27
227 posts
Helper bee

1. I won $20 on a Costa Rican game show.

2. I’ve been skydiving. I actually kinda hated it because my instructor spun us around so hard that I threw up shortly after we hit the ground.

3. Spinny things make me throw up. πŸ™‚ Even spinning in an office chair will turn me green. I love roller coasters though.

4. I have 16 holes pierced in my ears.

5. I am a spelling nazi.

6. My goal is to run a marathon next May.

7. I have a photographic memory, but seemingly never for things I’m actually trying to remember. This is why I buy enough post-its to wallpaper my apartment.

8. Most every article of clothing and pair of shoes I own cost under $20 a piece.

9. I don’t like cereal and milk. I’ll eat plain cereal out of the box but ever since I was a kid I’ve thought cereal and milk was gross.

10. I’ve had around 30 different paying jobs in my life.

Post # 28
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

These are always fun!

1. I love all kinds of food (especially spicy) but I just don’t get the whole sushi thing. I mean, I’ll eat it, but I don’t get why everyone else just loooooooves it sooooo much.
  2. I re-read all eight of the Anne of Green Gables books every year or so.
  3. I love animals, but prefer cats to dogs because I’m a slacker and they are way lower maintenance pets. Also, they purr and don’t stick their nose in your crotch.
  4. I am worse than useless in any sport that involves a ball.
  5. I am addicted to the game “Settlers of Catan”.
  6. I have recently become obsessed with bird-watching.
  7. I don’t really know how to accessorize. I keep buying necklaces and scarves and things and mostly I just look at them. I envy women with the accessorizing gene.
  8. I am a bit of a grammar/punctuation/spelling freak. I try not to be obnoxious about it.
  9. I like to eavesdrop on strangers’ conversations.
  10. I am a terrible delegator because I usually think I can do a better job.

Post # 29
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

1. I am the pickiest pizza eater in the world. I only like cheese and meat on my pizza. When I was little my parents would never listen to what I wanted and get pizzas with veggies all over them. It made me cry. I love having pizza ordering freedom now!

2. My favorite thing to do in the Summer is lay on the dock and suntan and read a book for hours. I know the sun is our enemy but I just can’t resist.

3. I’m addicted to red bull… I know it’s gross. The longest I’ve gone without an energy drink in the past 5ish years is three weeks. Siiiiiick! I need Red Bulls Anonymous.

4. I just had a breast reduction and am fully obsessed with my boobs… Too Much Information I know!! I didn’t realize how awesome gravity defying boobs were!!

5. I loathe sleeping in. If I get up past 9.30 on weekends I feel like the whole day is shot!

6. I love celeb. gossip. I read dlisted.com religiously and wish Michael K could officiate our wedding.

7. I have double jointed knees and ankles.

8. I take my cats for walks on leashes around our yard and in the forest behind our home.

9. I dream of being an athlete. Like a great runner or an amazing swimmer. Maybe one day…

10. My cat’s breath smells like cat food.

Post # 30
645 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

1. I put Siracha hot sauce on almost everything…fish, chicken, rice, veggies, chips, sushi, etc.

2. I play BrickBreaker on my Blackberry ALL the time. It’s so addicting, and my Fiance thinks I’m crazy.

3. I love to look at maps! I study them for hours.

4. I keep all kinds of gum (multiple brands and flavors) in my desk at work. I need to chew gum when I get stressed or working on a big project. It helps me think!

5. I have a notorious sweet tooth…my favorite desserts are carrot cake, gelato, or peanut butter cookies.

6. I love to eat snacks for dinner…like pieces of cheese, crackers, and fruit or veggies, chips, and hummus….and it always tastes best with a glass of wine.

7. I love, love, LOVE the beach and could stay there all day long in the summertime (like from 10am until 6pm). I am a professional beach-goer.

8. I am addicted to silly Bravo shows such as RHONYC, RHONJ, Millionaire Matchmaker, etc.

9. My biggest pet peeve is when people share drinks…especially drinks with milk (lattes, milkshakes, smoothies). It totally grosses me out….ugh saliva!

10. I’m a super punctual person and am always early too! I get very annoyed when people are more than 10 minutes late without an explanation.

The topic ‘10 NWR Things About You – June Edition’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors