(Closed) 10 Random NWR Things about You: July Edition

posted 10 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 17
10846 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

@danadelphia: I am ridiculously jealous that you’re going to Harry Potter world. I tried to get Fiance to extend our layover in Miami on our way to our honeymoon so we could drive up to Orlando for a few days but he said no. I’m so sad. However, I’m making him take me to the HP exhibit at the science centre as revenge for his meanness 😉 Have you played the Lego Harry Potter game for Wii?! So much fun!!!

Post # 18
1254 posts
Bumble bee

(1) I hate feet on the dashboard. I don’t care if the feet are pretty and have a new pedicure on it, I still hate it and don’t want to see it when I’m driving.

(2) I love Nutella. It reminds me of childhood and I have a piece of toast with it everyday.

(3) I love getting rebate checks back in the mail. To me it’s like finding money in the laundry…woot woot!

(4) I live in a beach city but haven’t been to the beach in 3 years.

(5) Breakfast used to be my favorite meal of the day. What’s not to love? Bacon, sausage, omelettes, hashbrowns, etc. Then I started grad school and they served it every weekend for 2 years straight. Now breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day.

(6) I love drinking water and will only drink tea, juice and soda when water is not available. I hate the taste of real coffee but will eat coffee-flavored candy, cake and ice cream.

(7) I can of caffeinated soda keeps me up at night.

(8) I wish I could walk my cat around the neighborhood kinda like how people walk their dogs.

(9) I can’t sew or garden to save my life.

(10) I will forever love Cheezballs and discovered they sold the fake kind at Costco…dangerous!

Post # 19
3538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

1.  I used to be a fitness junkie.. Like literally gym 4 times a week, sports 3 times a week.. now… NOT at all.. and all since meeting my FH.
  2.  I hate myself for not keeping up with the fitness.
  3.  Im a water baby… even tho I live in a city which is never warm.
  4. I like uncle tobys yoghurt bars.. there my breakfast
  5. I cant stand watching more than one movie at a time. I feel like im wasting my time and need to be out and about.
  6. I dont watch tv.
  7. I read… lots… and internet.. lots
  8. I always have WB, WBC and FB in the background on my work computer. Bad I know huh.
  9. I work with a colleague who has the same habit as no 8.
  10. I cant wait for our honeymoon which starts in 39 days. WOOOHOOO! even tho we havent bought tickets or decided where we are going yet. oops.

Post # 20
552 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

hmmmm why not!

1.  I’m a waitress and find about 78% of people who come out to eat reeeaaally super annoying.  (But I’ve never done anything to anyone’s food, nor seen anything done to anyone’s food!)

2.  I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 9, and trying to be a vegan while in the US because I hate how farming has become a factory process here 🙁

3.  We got a dog named Buster when I was like, 8 years old, and he lived a really long time and died when I was like 23 or 24.  That has been the hardest thing I ever went through.

4. Being separated from my FH during practically our whole engagement has been the 2’nd hardest thing.  (Oops sorry that’s somewhat wedding related.)

5. I grew up in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

6. I really hate working (My other job, a desk job)  It makes me want to gauge my eyes out w/ a number 2 pencil.

7.  I weigh 112 pounds but I really hate my body right now.

8. I get unmotivated really easily.

9. I always have at least 2 hair ties on my right wrist. Always.

1o. I think John Wayne was absolutely gorgeous in his younger years!

Post # 21
552 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

OMG BONUS I will be 30 on Thursday and I am FREAKING OUT! 

Post # 22
7768 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

This thread is funny!

I feel like I am in a rut right now and I feel like to moving to CA, although I literally am moving into a different (but nicer) apartment in WI at the moment.  By the way, I just discovered the joy of non-chlorine bleach for the bathroom.  It smells so much better.

I miss Fiance because he is working 12 hour days 4 days a week.

I just made an amazing tortellini dinner.  And I ate like 3 times as many calories today as I should have.  But moving makes me hungry. 

I am craving a road trip OUT of the freaking MIDWEST.  Sorry, I love some things about WI, but mostly, the vanilla is too strong.  I am craving my free spirit friends from far off places.

My sister just got an apartment at Central Park West and yes I am jealous.  84th.

I am trying to decide between graduate school, my own business, maybe both?

I am pinching pennies, but there are a million movies I want to see right now.

Post # 23
99 posts
Worker bee

1) Let’s see – right now I should go and feed my sugar gliders, but hey, they’re still asleep (they have a silly sleep schedule for being nocturnal!) so no harm done.

2) I have a FoodNetwork obsession!

3) My boyfriend loves to jump out and scare the sh*t out of me at least once a day. You’d think I would have gotten used to this by now, but no, I still scream every time.

4) I have a calculus test on Thurs that I’m planning on not studying for until the last possible moment lol.

5) I just moved in with the boyfriend this past weekend. Love it so far!

6) My little sister is playing soccer in Germany right now. I am so jealous! Especially with the world cup going on.

7) I <3 unicorns. Way too much for any grown up girl!

8) I’ve lost 12.4lbs so far on my diet, and I’m SO not trying that hard. I really ought to.

9) I’m super worried about next semester. I’m taking 22 hours and am probably going to be in over my head. :/

10) My favorite tv show of all time is Battlestar Galactica. I cried several times during its duration. I bawled like a baby the last episode. Kind of embarrasing.

Post # 24
14492 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

1. I  would fish everyday if I could.
  2. I love to be on the water and can’t swim
  3. I still have my first teddy bear.
  4. I am constantly on my BB checking Craigslist.
  5. I can still walk on point (not bad for almost 40)
  6. I have an obsession with antique hats.
  7. I actually miss working in politics (gave it up 3 years ago).
  8. I drive a Ford Extended Cab Extended Bed Pickup while the FH drives the Chevy Impala (we get alot of crap about me driving the truck while he drives the chick car) (I love my truck!!!!)
  9. I still have a few Christmas decorations out.
  10. My twenty year reunion is next week and I am so stoked.

Post # 25
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2010

1.  I have so many shoes and clothes, Fiance had to convert our second bedroom into     a wardrobe  for me.

2.  27 and still can’t drive a car!

3.  Fiance and I are moving to Brazil soon and I am so excited, I absolutely cannot       wait!

4.  I love looking at shoes and handbags on US websites that don’t ship                      internationally – makes it so much safer!

5.   I have lived in China for over 5 years but still hate eating rice.

6.  When I get stressed, I bake. I have been known to ice cupcakes at 3am during         exam time!

7.  Love trivia nights and pub quizzes

8.  I take groups of high school students to build houses in Cambodia for charity

9.  I get so cranky when I’m hungry Fiance carries Freddo Frogs (chocolate) in his bag        for emergencies.

10. I am happiest in a 50s style dress and 4 – 5 inch heels.

Post # 26
3219 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Yay! These are my fav!

1. I really need to get back to knitting- I hurt my arm a week ago and haven’t been able to knit but stuff has been selling on etsy (yay!)
  2. I have a MAJOR shopping problem. I don’t think there is a day while I’m at work and I don’t order something.
  3. I have a really hard time spending money on stuff we actually need vs stuff I want to buy.
  4. I quit tanning in April it was really hard for me. Thank god for this 90 degree weather to tan me up!
  5. I only agree to watch some of the “man” shows with FH if there is a cute guy on it.
  6. I HATE gardens. When I was a kid my mom put a new one in every year so we had less and less room to play. She now has 23!
  7. I like hot sauce, onions, tomatoes & lettuce on my egg & cheese breakfast sandwich.
  8. I don’t understand why heavy people wear clothes they shouldn’t. I’m 120 lbs and if I wouldn’t wear it why do you think you should?! I’m all about dressing sexy but unless you are on the beach I don’t want to see your stomach or ass cheeks.
  9. I have diarrhea of the mouth.
  10. I love reading celeb gossip but I have no idea what most of the movie starts names are!

Post # 27
14181 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

1)      I heart the color orange. My kitchen is orange and so is my standmixer.

2)      I love gigantic shrimp cocktails. Big fat meaty sweet shrimp with spicy cocktail sauce.  Yum. But I always feel like Ursulla from The Little Mermaid dropping one into my mouth.

3)      I’m weening myself off the fake sugars.

4)      I don’t have a green thumb. I HATE gardening.

5)      My favorite body products come from Savor on Etsy.

6)      I hope that awareness becomes more of a priority in schools AND at home in regards to teen pregnancy. I find it really sad to see 15 year olds with a big ole belly.

7)      I play Angry Birds on the potty at work

8)       I like mayonnaise and ketchup on hashbrowns and fried potatoes. Healthy, no?

9)      I never thought I’d be one of those girls getting their nails done every few weeks (waste of money!) but here I am, with nicely polished French tips every 3 weeks.

10)   Sometimes I like being an engineer simply for the shock factor. I think it’s hilarious that people just assume I’m a big ole smarty pants and that I’m good in math (when in fact, I almost didn’t pass calculus).

Post # 28
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

View original reply
@Miss Seaman: You should be worried about taking 22 hrs. next semester. As a college professor, I have to ask why. I know most students want to get finished ASAP, but your GPA is important!

Post # 29
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

1. I have 0 creativity. My elementary art teacher told me that I was “artistically retarded”. Ever since then, I don’t even bother to try. But I guess budget wedding planning requires creativity. Thank goodness for Mom 🙂 -kinda wedding related, Sorry!

2. Today is my Fiance and I’s 3 year anniversary. 

3. I had foot surgery 6 weeks ago and I am going to drive for the first time today. 

4. I have an obsession with tshirts. You’ll rarely find me wearing any other type of shirt. They are comfy.

5. I’ve lost 5 pounds since my surgery. I’m not sure how when I was just sitting on the couch everyday. But I’m happy about ti!

6. I’m nervous about school this semester. I have 2 major thesises (sp?) to write. One for my history program and one for the honors program. Ugh.

7. I’m lactose intolerant but in the summer I can’t resist ice cream. 

8. I peel the brown part of my hamburger bums and it eat first. Then I eat the rest of the bun. It makes it last longer.

9. I have 2 cats, Blue and Benny, and 1 golden retriever, Buford (named after the Civil War cavalry commander).

10. I’ve done nothing this summer (thanks to my surgery), so I am dyingggg to go to an amusement park. Rollercoasters make me happy. 

Post # 30
2455 posts
Buzzing bee

1. I love pickles and my Fiance hates the smell. Sometimes I’ll eat one right before he gets home just to see him squirm.

2. I refuse to watch movies that are sad so I won’t cry during it. 

3. I work in sports and love when people (especially guys) are caught off guard when I know about sports. 

4. I’m a control freak and have trouble delegating things to other people.

5. When I have a new favorite song, I’ll listen to it nonstop. I’ve had one song on repeat on my iPod for two straight days.

6. I have an obsession with buying TV shows on DVD. I’ll sometimes buy a season and never watch it. 

7. I’m beyond excited about our trip to Florida in two weeks because I can’t wait to see the new Harry Potter park at Universal.

8. I’m left handed but grew up playing sports right handed.

9. I have a dog, Indiana, and a cat, Bellatrix. They’re both spoiled.

10. I’m from Connecticut but live in Missouri. I like telling people I’m not from the Midwest. 

Post # 31
1106 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I love these @dana- thanks for posting!!! :]

1. I have recently become addicted to Double Stuffed Oreo’s AND banana cream pie. Not good- I need to maintain my weight for the next couple of weeks ;]

2. I have been falling asleep well before 9 o’clock every single night. By the time I get my projects done, house work done (laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc), I’m pooped!

3. I was born and raised in Southern California. I then moved to Texas in 2008.

4. The humidity here is a killer! I hate it when it rains in the summertime now because of how humid and nasty it gets outside. Gross…

5. I interned for a pro hockey team doing student athletic training.

6. I’m double-jointed in my ankles… Sitting down on the ground, I can make my feet go completely flat.

7. I learned how to drive a stick shift before I learned how to drive an automatic car.

8. I’m a National dance competition gold medalist (a few times over) ;] and was a competitive gymnast for a good part of my life.

9. I’m obsessed with dirt bikes, action sports, snowboarding, surfing and all of that fun-thrilling stuff!

10. I have 2 tattoos! One on the inside of my left wrist and one on the outside of my left hip. I love them!!

The topic ‘10 Random NWR Things about You: July Edition’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors