Post # 17
@danadelphia: I am ridiculously jealous that you’re going to Harry Potter world. I tried to get Fiance to extend our layover in Miami on our way to our honeymoon so we could drive up to Orlando for a few days but he said no. I’m so sad. However, I’m making him take me to the HP exhibit at the science centre as revenge for his meanness 😉 Have you played the Lego Harry Potter game for Wii?! So much fun!!!
Post # 18
(1) I hate feet on the dashboard. I don’t care if the feet are pretty and have a new pedicure on it, I still hate it and don’t want to see it when I’m driving.
(2) I love Nutella. It reminds me of childhood and I have a piece of toast with it everyday.
(3) I love getting rebate checks back in the mail. To me it’s like finding money in the laundry…woot woot!
(4) I live in a beach city but haven’t been to the beach in 3 years.
(5) Breakfast used to be my favorite meal of the day. What’s not to love? Bacon, sausage, omelettes, hashbrowns, etc. Then I started grad school and they served it every weekend for 2 years straight. Now breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day.
(6) I love drinking water and will only drink tea, juice and soda when water is not available. I hate the taste of real coffee but will eat coffee-flavored candy, cake and ice cream.
(7) I can of caffeinated soda keeps me up at night.
(8) I wish I could walk my cat around the neighborhood kinda like how people walk their dogs.
(9) I can’t sew or garden to save my life.
(10) I will forever love Cheezballs and discovered they sold the fake kind at Costco…dangerous!
Post # 20
hmmmm why not!
1. I’m a waitress and find about 78% of people who come out to eat reeeaaally super annoying. (But I’ve never done anything to anyone’s food, nor seen anything done to anyone’s food!)
2. I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 9, and trying to be a vegan while in the US because I hate how farming has become a factory process here 🙁
3. We got a dog named Buster when I was like, 8 years old, and he lived a really long time and died when I was like 23 or 24. That has been the hardest thing I ever went through.
4. Being separated from my FH during practically our whole engagement has been the 2’nd hardest thing. (Oops sorry that’s somewhat wedding related.)
5. I grew up in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
6. I really hate working (My other job, a desk job) It makes me want to gauge my eyes out w/ a number 2 pencil.
7. I weigh 112 pounds but I really hate my body right now.
8. I get unmotivated really easily.
9. I always have at least 2 hair ties on my right wrist. Always.
1o. I think John Wayne was absolutely gorgeous in his younger years!
Post # 21
OMG BONUS I will be 30 on Thursday and I am FREAKING OUT!
Post # 22
This thread is funny!
I feel like I am in a rut right now and I feel like to moving to CA, although I literally am moving into a different (but nicer) apartment in WI at the moment. By the way, I just discovered the joy of non-chlorine bleach for the bathroom. It smells so much better.
I miss Fiance because he is working 12 hour days 4 days a week.
I just made an amazing tortellini dinner. And I ate like 3 times as many calories today as I should have. But moving makes me hungry.
I am craving a road trip OUT of the freaking MIDWEST. Sorry, I love some things about WI, but mostly, the vanilla is too strong. I am craving my free spirit friends from far off places.
My sister just got an apartment at Central Park West and yes I am jealous. 84th.
I am trying to decide between graduate school, my own business, maybe both?
I am pinching pennies, but there are a million movies I want to see right now.
Post # 23
1) Let’s see – right now I should go and feed my sugar gliders, but hey, they’re still asleep (they have a silly sleep schedule for being nocturnal!) so no harm done.
2) I have a FoodNetwork obsession!
3) My boyfriend loves to jump out and scare the sh*t out of me at least once a day. You’d think I would have gotten used to this by now, but no, I still scream every time.
4) I have a calculus test on Thurs that I’m planning on not studying for until the last possible moment lol.
5) I just moved in with the boyfriend this past weekend. Love it so far!
6) My little sister is playing soccer in Germany right now. I am so jealous! Especially with the world cup going on.
7) I <3 unicorns. Way too much for any grown up girl!
8) I’ve lost 12.4lbs so far on my diet, and I’m SO not trying that hard. I really ought to.
9) I’m super worried about next semester. I’m taking 22 hours and am probably going to be in over my head. :/
10) My favorite tv show of all time is Battlestar Galactica. I cried several times during its duration. I bawled like a baby the last episode. Kind of embarrasing.
Post # 25
1. I have so many shoes and clothes, Fiance had to convert our second bedroom into a wardrobe for me.
2. 27 and still can’t drive a car!
3. Fiance and I are moving to Brazil soon and I am so excited, I absolutely cannot wait!
4. I love looking at shoes and handbags on US websites that don’t ship internationally – makes it so much safer!
5. I have lived in China for over 5 years but still hate eating rice.
6. When I get stressed, I bake. I have been known to ice cupcakes at 3am during exam time!
7. Love trivia nights and pub quizzes
8. I take groups of high school students to build houses in Cambodia for charity
9. I get so cranky when I’m hungry Fiance carries Freddo Frogs (chocolate) in his bag for emergencies.
10. I am happiest in a 50s style dress and 4 – 5 inch heels.
Post # 27
1) I heart the color orange. My kitchen is orange and so is my standmixer.
2) I love gigantic shrimp cocktails. Big fat meaty sweet shrimp with spicy cocktail sauce. Yum. But I always feel like Ursulla from The Little Mermaid dropping one into my mouth.
3) I’m weening myself off the fake sugars.
4) I don’t have a green thumb. I HATE gardening.
5) My favorite body products come from Savor on Etsy.
6) I hope that awareness becomes more of a priority in schools AND at home in regards to teen pregnancy. I find it really sad to see 15 year olds with a big ole belly.
7) I play Angry Birds on the potty at work
8) I like mayonnaise and ketchup on hashbrowns and fried potatoes. Healthy, no?
9) I never thought I’d be one of those girls getting their nails done every few weeks (waste of money!) but here I am, with nicely polished French tips every 3 weeks.
10) Sometimes I like being an engineer simply for the shock factor. I think it’s hilarious that people just assume I’m a big ole smarty pants and that I’m good in math (when in fact, I almost didn’t pass calculus).
Post # 28
You should be worried about taking 22 hrs. next semester. As a college professor, I have to ask why. I know most students want to get finished ASAP, but your GPA is important!
Post # 29
1. I have 0 creativity. My elementary art teacher told me that I was “artistically retarded”. Ever since then, I don’t even bother to try. But I guess budget wedding planning requires creativity. Thank goodness for Mom 🙂 -kinda wedding related, Sorry!
2. Today is my Fiance and I’s 3 year anniversary.
3. I had foot surgery 6 weeks ago and I am going to drive for the first time today.
4. I have an obsession with tshirts. You’ll rarely find me wearing any other type of shirt. They are comfy.
5. I’ve lost 5 pounds since my surgery. I’m not sure how when I was just sitting on the couch everyday. But I’m happy about ti!
6. I’m nervous about school this semester. I have 2 major thesises (sp?) to write. One for my history program and one for the honors program. Ugh.
7. I’m lactose intolerant but in the summer I can’t resist ice cream.
8. I peel the brown part of my hamburger bums and it eat first. Then I eat the rest of the bun. It makes it last longer.
9. I have 2 cats, Blue and Benny, and 1 golden retriever, Buford (named after the Civil War cavalry commander).
10. I’ve done nothing this summer (thanks to my surgery), so I am dyingggg to go to an amusement park. Rollercoasters make me happy.
Post # 30
1. I love pickles and my Fiance hates the smell. Sometimes I’ll eat one right before he gets home just to see him squirm.
2. I refuse to watch movies that are sad so I won’t cry during it.
3. I work in sports and love when people (especially guys) are caught off guard when I know about sports.
4. I’m a control freak and have trouble delegating things to other people.
5. When I have a new favorite song, I’ll listen to it nonstop. I’ve had one song on repeat on my iPod for two straight days.
6. I have an obsession with buying TV shows on DVD. I’ll sometimes buy a season and never watch it.
7. I’m beyond excited about our trip to Florida in two weeks because I can’t wait to see the new Harry Potter park at Universal.
8. I’m left handed but grew up playing sports right handed.
9. I have a dog, Indiana, and a cat, Bellatrix. They’re both spoiled.
10. I’m from Connecticut but live in Missouri. I like telling people I’m not from the Midwest.
Post # 31
I love these @dana- thanks for posting!!! :]
1. I have recently become addicted to Double Stuffed Oreo’s AND banana cream pie. Not good- I need to maintain my weight for the next couple of weeks ;]
2. I have been falling asleep well before 9 o’clock every single night. By the time I get my projects done, house work done (laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc), I’m pooped!
3. I was born and raised in Southern California. I then moved to Texas in 2008.
4. The humidity here is a killer! I hate it when it rains in the summertime now because of how humid and nasty it gets outside. Gross…
5. I interned for a pro hockey team doing student athletic training.
6. I’m double-jointed in my ankles… Sitting down on the ground, I can make my feet go completely flat.
7. I learned how to drive a stick shift before I learned how to drive an automatic car.
8. I’m a National dance competition gold medalist (a few times over) ;] and was a competitive gymnast for a good part of my life.
9. I’m obsessed with dirt bikes, action sports, snowboarding, surfing and all of that fun-thrilling stuff!
10. I have 2 tattoos! One on the inside of my left wrist and one on the outside of my left hip. I love them!!