(Closed) 10 Random NWR Things about You: July Edition

posted 10 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 32
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

1. I’m terrified of snakes.

2. I am accident prone.

3. I love to travel, but also love to explore my own city over and over again.

4. I didn’t think i wanted to get married until I met my bf.

5. I dont know how to ride a bike.  Never learned!

6. I am very good with languages.

7. I love going for long walks on nice days.

8. My feet are a constant state of black from April to September because I walk so much in flip flops.

9. I am almost ALWAYS smiling and/or laughing.

10. I love to read.  Sometimes i’m late for work because i get caught up in a book.

Post # 33
1774 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

1. I am ridiculously excited about things no one else is.  For instance, a major exit off the highway just opened this week that is 4 minutes from my house an it is saving me TONS of time.

2. I met Weird Al this past weekend.

3. I won’t eat cauliflower.

4. I am a magnet for bad customer service.  The stories I tell blow people’s minds.  Places I no longer shot at: Sears, JCPenney Optical, Arhaus, Enterprise car rental, I could go on and on.

5. I love to write new songs on the guitar.

6. I once won a national photography contest.

7. I haven’t bought bread in at least 6 months.  I now bake it.  We have 6 different kinds of flour in our pantry.

8. Speaking of our pantry, I am so into the oxo pop top containers- our pantry is full of them.

9. I can sew people’s lacerations up AMAZINGLY well, but have never sewn a button.

10. I want to get a female Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and name her Bernie after Bernie Kosar.

Post # 34
261 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

1. I hate olives

2. I would love to learn French

3. My dream job is to own a bakery.  Right now though I’m a physical therapist who loves to bake

4.  I really need a new car but dont think I can afford my 6% rent increase and a new car payment when I only got a 1% salary raise this year.  Boo.

5. I used to LLOOOVVVEE chocolate.  As I get older it just gives me heartburn!

6. I’m scared of the dark

7. My first concert ever was Debbie Gibson in 7th grade.

8. I could eat ice cream seriously every day.

9. I suck at keeping plants alive.  Seriously.  I shouldn’t be allowed to own them.

10. I’m a big baby when it comes to needles.  I passed out in the middle of Claire’s when I got my ears pierced when I was 20 years old.  So pathetic!

Post # 35
825 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

1. If I am not fed every few hours I get mean…as many of you have mentioned.

2. My wedding is in two weeks and I have so much to do, however I don’t feel like doing anything.

3. I once ate four doughnuts and could have kept going except there were none left.

4. I have taught for 6 years and can’t take teaching in NJ anymore and the politics of everything…maybe career change?

5. All I want to do in my life is be an awesome wife and mom and cook and bake!

6. I’m very athletic yet I hate working out.

7. I have the soul of a 300 lb. woman in the body of a thin 5 ft. 10 girl….I love food…so much!

8. I have OCD and my biggest fear is losing my FH and I think of it at least once a day.

9. I am extremely competitive at board games or any games in fact.

10. I am always on the look out for a best friend close by (even though my sister is my BFF…she lives in Boston:(

Post # 36
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

1. While offically I am lactose intolerant however most sugars will make me sick. I have to be careful about fruit, sodas, really anything sweet.

2. While everyone in my office has a hard time reaching the top shelf of our filing system- I’m the only one who can’t even reach it with the step-stool. I have to use the rolling ladder.

3. I love sleep and hate when something gets between me and it. The 9pm performance Friday night and the 5am call time of Homecoming weekend makes me very, very bitter.

4. I start getting weepy if I get too tired. I’m so much fun to be around during finals.

5. I hate Sousa marches and think they all sound the same. Of course I’m also in a community band that looooves marches (that are all for Db piccolo… yay sight transposing)

6. I play 5 members of the flute/fipple family with moderate to midling sucess. Flute, Piccolo, Tin Whistle, Fife, and Recorder in a very particular order. I want to learn the bag pipes one day.

7. My brother was the second male in our family to be born in the US. My uncle was also born here. My father was born in Nigeria, and every other male has been born in Norway (most of my 2nd cousins live in Bergen.)

8. I rarely use “to be” in spoken language and use a rather antiquated way of forming my sentences. All because I grew up in PA Dutch country.

9. When I was 16 my team won the state FFA Equine Evaluation and Selection CDE competition. I was third in the state behind a teamate and the state 4H president. I had beat them both earlier in the season at county/regionals so I didn’t feel too bad.

10. I started cleaning out my room at my parents- so far I’ve thrown out 7-8 trashbags of old papers and nick-nacks. I’ve made a sizeable dent in the disaster. 

Post # 37
2536 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Cheeseburgers are the BEST

1. I actually motivated myself with cheeseburgers when I was in night school.

2. I want to learn Arabic so I can read Sappho in her original language, no translations.

3. I hate my job more than I thought it possible to hate a job.

4. I’m a Trekkie, but I love Star Wars too.

5. I’ve lost almost all of my baby weight and I’m quite proud of that.

6. I had an almost all the way natural birth (only 2 doses of something which did NOTHING) which is amazing because we knew Moose was already gone. The only reason I wanted meds was I wanted to be high and not feel the pain.

7. Since losing Moose, my BS tolerance is VERY low.

8. I love cab savs.

9. I still feel like Nirvana saves me from sadness/anger/meloncholy

10. I am fortunate enough to be in a relationship with the most amazing person I’ve ever met. He absolutly spoils me and I know it.

Post # 38
5091 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

1.  I’m double-jointed in nearly every joint in my entire body.

2.  I am groped by strangers, on average, five times per week because rural Japanese people think it’s an okay thing to do.

3.  I love curry more than anything in the entire world, and my trip to India last winter was the most delicious vacation EVER.

4.  When in the States, I volunteer at a renaissance festival.

5.  Richard Mayhew, the actor who played Chewbacca in Star Wars, owns a ceramic bowl that I made.  I’m told he eats biscuits from it every morning.

6.  I have a really weird accent, and many Americans and even some Brits tell me I sound English even though I’ve never been there before in my life.

7.  I’m a huge geek and just finished running a big Dungeons and Dragons campaign.

8.  When I was little, I told off the governor of Minnesota for not remembering that he had met me very briefly at my school eight months previous.

9.  There is a Nexus of Death fifty feet from my apartment building.  In that twenty-square-foot area, in the past year, I have been attacked by a 300 lb. wild boar, hit by a car while on my bike, had my stuff ripped apart by an army of crows, and had a venomous snake come out of the bushes five feet from me.

10.  Robert A. Heinlein is my favorite author of all time, and I kind of want to marry him and have his babies, even though he died the same year I was born.

Post # 39
3450 posts
Sugar bee

1. I LOVE my name: Meredith Kate

2. I’ve been working in the same job since 2008, and although I complain A LOT, I do love my job 🙂

3. 3 is my absolute favorite number

4. I am completely and utterly stoked to be M…(oops wedding related)…I’ve lived in WI my entire life, and I love it here

5. I just found out my store is moving across town, and I’m devestated

6. I’m going to Door County today… I love DC!

7. Before my friends Destination Wedding wedding in Vegas I’ve never been west of the Mississippi River

8. My greatest dream (on my bucket list) is to be in Times Square on NYE (I love NYC)

9. I am applying to go back to school in fall of 2011 for a degree in Social Work (Mr.TKE doesn’t know, yet!)!

10. My mom, my aunt, and I are taking cake decorating classes this fall!

Post # 40
1675 posts
Bumble bee

(1) I love kitsch. Not in my house. But if I’m on a roadtrip and pass a sign for the world’s tallest coffee cup, or biggest ball of yarn or whatever, I HAVE to stop. This obsession also extends to classic American diners – LOVE them.

(2) I wish I could go back to the 1950s and 1960s and just observe what life was like then (not, @gabrielleelise1981, because of the clothes Smile), beacuse I find the social and political norms of the time to be completey fascinating.

(3) The Guy and I recently discovered the On Demand Karaoke feature on our tv. Sometimes when we’re bored we turn it on and sing along to the most ridiculous songs we can find.

(4) I am OBSESSED with travel research and have been for as long as I can remember. Seriously, when I was a kid, I used to make spreadsheets for my parents so that they could accurately compare all the vacation destinations they were considering for their next trip. Nerd alert!

(5) I do not like my food to touch. Especially if I’m having pancakes and the maple syrup touches the eggs or the bacon…UGH! DISASTER!

(6) I love to look very pulled together even if I don’t need to. I am usually the most dressed up person in the office. Dressing up just makes me feel good about myself.

(7) I do not like Sephora. There’s too much selection. I mean, how would I choose ONE eyeshadow out of the whole store!? Not possible!

(8) I have been really down lately because I LOVE my job, but it’s a contract that ends at the end of August and the new job I have lined up (at the same institution) isn’t nearly as great. Boo.

(9) I was on Regie and Kathie Lee when I was 9. My family ran into Regis when we were in Paris (he was there filming a special) and then they aired our conversation with him on the show a couple weeks later!

(10) I love skiing and it makes me sad that The Guy refuses to try it, because I loved family ski vacations when I was growing up and would love to take our future children on the same types of trips.

Post # 41
513 posts
Busy bee

1. I love to watch old black and white movies on TCM. I just hate that they never have re-runs. I miss something and I have to wait years to see it again.

2. I hate holidays! But at the same time I look forward to them. My family is crazy!

3. I love Autumn. I love maples leaves that turn orange, red and yellow. I love carving pumkins too.

4. I am an artistic soul, yet I haven’t picked up a paint brush in years.

5. I love vietnamese food. Love love love it. Rice and fried eggs for breakfast..so good.

6. If I could go anywhere it would be Thailand.

7. In my next life, I want to have Pam Grier’s body. LOL.

8. I let people walk all over me sometime.

9. I hate spiders. I hate spiders. I hate spiders. I hate spiders!!!

10. I love the idea of cooking but years of college have made me forget how.

The topic ‘10 Random NWR Things about You: July Edition’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors