(Closed) 10 Random NWR Things about You: September Edition

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
2742 posts
Sugar bee

1. I love reading 19th Century Gothic romances. Think: Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, all Jane Austen etc. My guy can’t understand it, neither can I. But I thank God for the library and Masterpiece Theater.
  2. I am about to turn 32. Should I feel older? I don’t.
  3. I used to love living in Brooklyn. I still do. It’s just getting harder to justify the costs.
  4. NYC has soooo many cute guys. I sometimes have to delibrately stop checking guys out on the subway.
  5. I don’t go to the movies. I lie and say it’s because I’m not into movies but I am. It’s just that it costs about $13…crapshoot!
  6. I need to lose 10lbs…more like 5 but I’m feeling optimistic.
  7. I have stacks and stacks of shoes which I keep in their shoeboxes. I have since stopped shopping obsessively for shoes.
  8. I sometimes get scared that my ovaries are going to shrivel up and drop out of my body before I make up my mind on whether I’m ready for kids or not.
  9. I love weddingbee.com. I am addicted.
  10. I always tell folks I’m not into TV and that’s true. I get all my fixes from hulu.com. Shuuusshhhh!!!

Post # 4
3219 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Yay these are my fav!

1. This is the first week in at least 6 weeks I have not had cake at our house but we have tons of cookies!
  2. I  like some of Adam Lamberts Songs & FH makes fun of me
  3. I REALLY need to stop shopping. But I can’t help myself Shoppers anonymous anyone?
  4. I cannot wait until there is Christmas music!
  5. My dog gives me better kisses then FH does
  6. I wish we got a dog that liked the sun. This is the first summer I am not super tan πŸ™
  7. I cannot wait until the Stephanie Plum movie comes out!
  8. We have a HUGE (almost the length of our house) deck and never use it.
  9. I have the urge to smack my boss sometimes because he is such an idiot.
  10.  My dad got laid off and now we have a free dog walker!

Post # 5
1487 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

1. I play World of Warcraft and I am so relieved that the expansion hasn’t come out yet.  (Because I knew I couldn’t plan and level at the same time.)

2. Fiance hates the dog in the bed, but I let him in there every morning after Fiance leaves for work.

3. I drink milk out of the jug.

4. I learned how to make meatballs from a customer at Starbucks, and I get compliments on them every time I make them.

5. I am a compulsive holiday decorator.  I can’t help it, and it’s not just for christmas.  Right now it’s Fall, in a month, I’ll add my Halloween decorations, and after that will be Thanksgiving.

6. I buy the patterned paper towels even though they’re twice as much because I like the way they look.

7. I memorize musicals word for word.  And I totally sing them in the shower.

8. I am a horrible driver.  So I don’t do it often.  I didn’t used to be bad, but I got hit by a drunk driver and it has made me extra jumpy.

9. I have a quote from Twilight on the back windshield of my car.  It says “Be Safe”.  I spent an embarrasingly long amount of time rationalizing this–I settled on it because it was appropriate for driving, and if I ever outgrew Twilight, it wouldn’t be horrible to have on there.

10. I’m really weird about other people’s bathroom products.  They skeeve me out.  I don’t touch them if at all possible.

Post # 6
1254 posts
Bumble bee

1. Maids come in to clean our condo every month. I clean up before they get here, then I clean up after they finish. It drives my Fiance crazy! I don’t know why I do it…
  2. My dishwasher is filled with used but rinsed glass jars. I need 2 more jars before I can run the dishwasher. We’re having spaghetti for dinner again this weekend.
  3. I love the Eagles and I first heard about them at a personal growth seminar 3 years ago. My fiance’ and I saw them in concert this summer and they played all their hits for 2.5 hours straight. The last song they played is my favorite: Desperado.
  4. I have a very low tolerance for caffeine. Drinking a can of soda with caffeine in the afternoon will keep me up till 2am that night.
  5. I hate the taste of milk. I grew up drinking powdered milk and remember having to down clumps of barely stirred glasses of milk….GROSS!!!
  6. I do not like the taste of coffee but love mocha- or coffee-flavored food (i.e., ice cream, cake, chocolate covered coffee beans, etc.)
  7. I live 6 miles from the beach but haven’t been to the beach in 2 years. So sad…
  8. My Fiance and I don’t subscribe to cable TV. We turned it off when we went back to school. We’ve graduated since then and haven’t restored service. I don’t miss it. He misses ESPN but can view sports highlights from his phone.
  9. I accidentally left our cat locked in the guest bedroom the other day for 5 hours while I was at a meeting and running errands. I felt so bad that I gave her 2 cans of wet food that night and refilled her water tank.
  10. I love smoking hookah! It’s like smoking gum. =) But I am working on quitting smoking so no more hookah for me.

Post # 7
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

1. I finished my master’s degree 8 days ago and as soon as my transcript drops I’ll be applying to get my PhD.  I know, I’m insane.  By The Way, I’m a business major, so nothing beyond a bachelors degree really does much for you!

2. I hate hot weather.  The fact that it’s finally in the 80’s in my neighborhood brings me more joy than I can express.

3. I’ve gained back EVERY pound (and maybe 2 or 3 more) that I lost before the wedding.  I’m pretty down about that.

4. Cardigans are my new favorite item of clothing.  I’m a pretty lame fashionista, so a cardigan with ruffles on it makes me feel like I’m going the extra mile.

5. My husband and I have decided that we’re really only good at being responsible together…all of the other marriage things we pretty much suck at.  At least our bills get paid, right?!

6. I have a tattoo on my right foot…and I’ve had it for 6 years.  In my opinion, I’ve had it long enough that I got it before it was the “cool” thing to do. 

7. Somewhere along the road I forgot how to cook a decent meal on a daily basis. 

8. Speaking of cooking daily, I just realized that I forgot to get the chicken out of the freezer AGAIN!  Sheesh.

9. I’m buying a new laptop soon…probably not a Mac because I’ve never owned one and I don’t think I can handle the learning curve while trying to write paper after paper in APA format (must have Word!!).  Message me if you have any recommendations!

10. I need to find a church to go to on a regular basis.  I feel like my relationship with God is taking a back seat to all the other crappola in my life.  Time to change!

Post # 8
3576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

1. I am on day 9 of having severe bronchitis. It’s not pneumonia (YAY for me!).  But I’ll be happy when I’m not hacking up a lung because I have to teach a fitness class on Saturday morning.
  2. I was home sick from work yesterday (again) and thought a massage would be nice…now my lower back hurts.  Serves me right.
  3. Just like Danadelphia, I loathe hot weather and also get crankified.
  4. I have a meeting in 10 minutes at 2pm and am irritated because it will pull me away from more important things such as weddingbee.com.
  5. I have my Fiance a card last night as I often do.  It was taped on top of the washer because he comes in through the laundry room.  He loved it.
  6. There was a card waiting for me on my car this morning as I got into for work.  It was from the Fiance.  I loved it.
  7. I’ve been eating chicken soup for the past 9 days.  Today I went to a diner for lunch and had a BLT with fries.  H-E-A-V-E-N!
  8. I can’t wait to be home tonight with our doggies, kitty and the Fiance. 
  9. The older I get, the more I am a homebody.
  10. I look pretty rockin’ today in a pencil skirt, blouse and 4 inch black heels. Just sayin’.

Post # 9
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

LOL, this is so much fun!  Here’s my first try:

1. When I was a litte girl I collected unicorns & the ones w/wings (don’t know the plural version of “pegasus”) with a passion….lately, I’ve been thinking about starting up again.
  2. I can’t stop biting my nails off.  Recently I grew them out for the 1st time ever in my life and they were GORGEOUS!  I used some AVON nail strengthener on them; unfortunately, they weakened even more and broke off.  Now I’m back to nail biting.
  3. I am proud of the fact that I can sing for you the entire soundtrack of “Grease 2.”
  4. My long hair is usually up all the time, fashionably secured with either a pencil, pen, or chopstick.
  5. I’m not an animal lover so it freaks me out when I see dogs kissing their owners (aka licking them all over their mouths).
  6. I’m obsessed with learning how to cook authentic Korean cuisine (I’m 1/2).  Check out Maangchi online, she’s amazing!  Best food in the world!
  7. Sometimes I wish I was black because it seems like plus-sized women in the African-American culture are sooooo secure with their bodies.  I struggle with self-esteem issues, and I think having a big, beautiful, black girl mentor would do wonders for me.  My guy laughs at me for this, but I’m serious! πŸ™‚
  8. Zombies terrify me.  As do huge-ass cockroaches (water bugs, palmetto bugs).  But I can’t stop staring at them in fascinated horror.
  9. One of my biggest hobbies is proof-reading signs, billboards, anything in print and bringing grammatical mistakes to a person’s attention.  I also tend to doodle with my finger in the air, makes me happy.
  10. I am extremely nervous of farting in front of my boyfriend.  The couple times I have accidentally farted and coughed/sneezed in his presence have been so humiliating.  I hope to get over this fear soon….

Post # 10
2742 posts
Sugar bee

@AudzinLuv: I am rolling over with laughter. That’s because my guy once asked why oh why, in 4 years, have I never farted in front of him (I did once, but it was involuntary and I was so mortified!) I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one with this fear πŸ™‚

Ps. I can sing Grease from start to end.. the John Travolta one though Cool

Post # 11
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

1. I am applying this month for the nursing school that starts in January. I am SO nervous and have waited so long, I will be crushed if I don’t get accepted.

2. My eyes are kind of a dull color, they are kind of blue/kind of green/kind of brown. I’m really considering getting color contacts to make them pop a little more.

3. I think Jersey Shore is really trashy and stupid, my SO absolutely LOATHES it…however- I can’t stop watching it.

4. I have a 2.5 year old dachshund/hound mutt. Her name is Corona and she is the most adorable dog in the world.

5. Today is my first day back to the gym, I’m super nervous but I’m more excited about losing all this weight that I’ve gained!

6. I love baking and really wanted to bake brownies tonight…read: all this weight that I’ve gained. Yikes!!

7. I LOVE grocery shopping. I’m all about finding the best deals and using coupons when I remember to clip them. I usually do the grocery shopping by myself and it’s really some of my best “me” time.

8. I’m really excited to try the UV gel nails that @Mrs. Penguin talked about on her blog today.

9. My SO and I just came back from staying at the Costa D’este in Vero Beach. The boutique hotel is owned by Gloria Estefan and her husband, it was such a fabulous hotel. We had a great weekend celebrating our anniversary!

10. Reese’s holiday candy is my FAVORITE candy. I’m not talking about the kind wrapped in foil, I’m talking about the kind that come out at the beg. of Sept thru April for all the holidays. Halloween has the pumpkin, Christmas has the tree, Valentine’s has the heart and Easter has the egg. I stock up on these every year to try to get me through the non-holiday months πŸ™‚

Post # 12
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

@bRooklynRocks:  Heh heh, great minds think alike……

Post # 13
543 posts
Busy bee

Such a fan of these posts. I like hearing everyones!

1. Fiance just moved into our new house on monday and im SUPER jealous because i’m not moving in till we’re married πŸ™ I ask him on a daily basis if i can move in…
  2. I do nottttt like justin beiber (he’s like 12 why is everyone obsessed with him?), miley cyrus, jonas brothers, or any of those kid singers.
  3. My new obsession is the Discovery Channel. FI got me addicted to it (he’s such a manly manly and loves man vs wild and those shows) and now it’s probably 80% of what i watch. i feel like a nerd.
  4. Greys Anatomy is starting in exactly 3 weeks and im so excited i could pee my pants.
  5. If Fiance is ever near me and gets the urge to fart.. he will do it on me. Yes, I’m aware this is gross but it has basically become a regular for me and really doesnt bother me lol. I’ve NEVER farted in front of him… and finally the other day I got fed up and did it on him and he freaked. Serves him right!!
  6. I have been in 3 wrecks, all my fault. Two weeks ago someone rear ended me and while the girl was crying, I was pretty damn ecstatic that I was not the one at fault this time πŸ™‚
  7. I want a cat so bad but Fiance hates cats πŸ™
  8. I have about 94825987 beanie babies at my parents house where I’m currently living and have NO idea what to do with them when i move. I havnt touched them since i was 10! Anybody want some beanie babies??
  9. Our cable bill is ridiculous. Fiance insists on having ALL the sports packages. It’s pretty embarressing how much it is. Oh well, he pays for it so he can get it.
  10. My birthday is Monday, on Labor Day. I’m only turning 22 but feel so olddddddddd. I’ll probably just hang around the house all day with Fiance and daughter. Unless he plans something πŸ™‚ When i was 18 i would have been out getting shitfaced… I look back and think how did i use to do that all the time??

@Quietserenity: i’m righ tthere with you about other peoples bathroom products!!

Post # 15
2090 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

• I can’t believe I am MARRIED!! Eep! It’s wonderful but weird too – I’m too young to be married and grown up, aren’t I? lol

• I’m almost 29 and can say I’ve had a hell of a lot of fun all through my 20’s

• We don’t own a microwave

• My cat and I talk – a lot. She’s the most vocal cat I’ve ever met, and like a human toddler, she hates hearing the word “NO”. She meets me at the door when I get home from work and meows really loud as I come up the stairs, then throws herself on the ground in front of me when I get inside the house, every single day. Yeah, she’s pretty adorable!

• I wish people would stop trying to come up with the most “unique” name for their baby and just pick one that they love and that means something special to them

• My family has been in every single war the US has been in since (and including!) the Revolutionary War.

• I hate mornings, all of them.

• I wish I could sing!!!!!

• My Kindergarten teacher told my mom that I daydreamed “too much”.

•  I talk a lot in my sleep, Darling Husband has learned to ignore it. Sometimes I (while asleep) wake him up to tell him random, non sensical things like “ohhh, I told them that would work!”, then I laugh, roll back over and continue sleeping.

Post # 16
543 posts
Busy bee

@gabrielleelise1981: your not alone, I HATE MORNINGS!! Fiance is such a morning person. NOT I.

The topic ‘10 Random NWR Things about You: September Edition’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors