- Ms. Sloth
- 9 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
I posted something like this last month, but it was for 25 things and that was just too hard!
So, this month, since there are a lot of newbies every week, let’s post 10 more random things about ourselves. Make them all non-wedding-related, since we’re more than just brides, we’re people!
Here are mine:
- This is really weird, but the boy and I have a pet name for each other, and it’s “butthole.” I don’t remember how it started, but we call each other butthole all the time, in a very endearing fashion.
- I can’t stand Twilight, and one of my biggest pet peeves is when someone says to me “How can you not like Twilight? You were such a huge Buffy fan.” I always have to explain that while Twilight and Buffy were both about women who fell in love with vampires, they are nothing alike in tone, and I personally think Buffy is much smarter and more creative than Twilight.
- I was a bartender for about 8 years (sometimes part-time, sometimes full-time) and I even taught bartending school for a couple of years.
- I have an 80GB iPod that is totally full. It’s got 18,902 songs, 1,718 albums and 874 artists on it. Any time I get some new music, I have to decide what to remove from my iPod to make room for the new album.
- I have the worst eyebrows ever. They are unruly and uneven, and no matter what I do, or what I have done to them, they look awful. A few years back, I gave up trying to fix them and just grew bangs. Now my brows still look like crap, but nobody can see them.
- One of my pet peeves is people who log onto Facebook just to complain. Of course it’s fine to complain about something legit once in a while, but I have a lot of friends on there who, every time they update their status, are just whining about something. I have no patience for that and hide those people from my feed.
- My uncle was one of the first people ever to get AOL back in the day. As a matter of fact, his email address is still firstname.lastname@example.org. I won’t tell you his name but it’s a very common one, so imagine something like [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] (although it’s not one of them). There are no numbers or anything after his name. That’s how long ago he got AOL.
- I despise the feeling of flour on my hands, so I refuse to bake anything or cook anything that has to be dredged in flour.
- I’m going to turn 35 in a few months and I’m kind of freaked out about it. People tell me that I look much younger than I am, and I’m certainly very immature. So I’m going to head into my late 30’s kicking and screaming.
- My ideal career would be a soundtrack coordinator for TV and movies. I would love watching a rough cut of a show or film and deciding which songs would sound great with the scenes.