(Closed) 10 Shallow Reasons to Breastfeed

posted 6 years ago in Babies
Post # 17
9174 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

i hope my boobs don’t get too much bigger when i breast feed.  i had a reduction to get rid of my insanly large, unproportional chest.

Post # 18
1406 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

lol cute list 🙂 the only thing i dont agree with is the poop thing. I always felt like her Bridesmaid or Best Man with breastmilk were more gross and really messy to clean up. 

Post # 19
876 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@bunnymama:  Agree with some of the other replies. EBF is NOT 100% effective as a BC! I’m on the mini pill bc I’m not risking it lol. Also beware although it does help shrink your uterus back down quickly when BFing your body holds on to fat in order to produce milk so a lot of women don’t lose the last 5-10 pounds until they’re done. Lucky for me my body changed while pregnant so somehow I’m still 5 pounds up from my PP weight but I look better so I’ll take it!

Post # 20
5654 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

Lol! Love it!!!

If you do ecological breastfeeding (really you have to use it right) it is some of the most effective bc (around 96-98% the first 6 mths & around 92-93% after that). Most just do use it correctly & think that if they’re just bf’ing on demand that will work, which would be like thinking taking your bc pill everyday (regardless of time) would make it effective. O_o

I love #7 too! When you do extended breastfeeding this also works for when baby/toddler is frustrated with toys not going on they want & even when your child is at the beginning of a sharing dispute with another child (this is used in the Mongolian culture like crazy & is even used by grandmas & grandpas…. waving their boobies as a distraction. lol)

And the excuse to step out, or just not even go.. “sorry I’m still nursing”! LOL

Post # 21
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hilarious! I also would like to add no preparing or washing bottles! And it’s free! These two things very much appeal the my laziness and my cheapness.

Post # 22
4435 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

So awesome- thanks for sharing! I’m definitely guilty of #7…massive meltdown? Here- have a boob! 

Post # 23
Hostess
3368 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Haha I love it! I’m especially a fan of the “this also works for his father” bit! LOL! 

Post # 24
335 posts
Helper bee

This was great! Thanks of or sharing! 

Post # 25
1238 posts
Bumble bee

@bunnymama:  Lol!!! Love it!

The topic ‘10 Shallow Reasons to Breastfeed’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors