- Wedding: September 2013 - B&B
1. I have a best friend that I literally met the day she came home from the hospital, we were born a month apart. Her mom and my mom were best friends since they were 12. Since then, we have grown up together, we both were in band and track and field in high school, we both attended the same university, and we are getting married within a year of each other and we are each other’s MOH’s. I am 100% honest when I say I hope we have kids at the same time and they grow up like we did!
2. I have a fair amount of pretty long-lived relatives. My great grandfather is 100, my great grandmother (his wife) just passed away this past April and she was 5 days shy of 99. She died (somewhat peacefully, I guess) holding his hand. I had a third great grandmother pass in 2008, she was 88, and another great grandmother was over 100, but she passed when I was six or so.
3. I have only ever broken a bone once. It was a hairline fracture in my wrist. I tried to get into the cast thing (since I never got to have everyone sign one when I was a kid) so I got black wrapping and these neat silver and gold markers for people to sign: It lasted a week and in a small fit of rage I pulled it off my wrist and threw it across studio. I learned that I don’t do well with “things” on me that I “cant” get off. Good thing I never had braces….
4. Speaking of braces, my teeth are the thing I want to fix the most. My mouth is a bit crowded.
5. Even though I haven’t been able to ride regularly in a long time, I am an AVID horselover. I want horses for the rest of my life.
6. I am an obnoxiously insane fan for my college football team. My freshman, sophomore, and junior year I camped out for EVERY.SINGLE.HOME GAME. to get front row seats. I dressed up, painted, the whole nine. My group and I sophomore year were pretty good friends with the jumbotron camera guy so we also got a lot of face time. My mom has a still photo from an ESPN video that shows our group and right there I am, painted white head to pants waist (yes I had a sports bra on.. white obvi) and I look SCARY. Like, intimdating. I love it. Other moms have the school photos and the prom pictures… my mom gets that one.
7. I was a “joiner” a bit in high school: Chorus, band, track and field, cross country, plays and musicals, the yearbook committee, and the prom committee.
8. I like to name my stuff. Cars are Antonio, Clay/Clint (big red dodge ram), and Tina. I have named plants… space heaters… computers… my iPod… yeah.
9. The Dodge Ram heavy duty quad cab short bed 4×4 with a HEMI has been my dream vehicle since I was in high school. I seriously decorated a binder with pictures of them. Muscle cars are great, so are super fast sports cars, but for me it was the truck. The night I met my now husband, it came up in conversation that he had a dodge ram. When I sneakily scoped it out in the parking lot (college apartment complex… I met him at a hot tub party) I knew it was a done deal forever lol. It even had the brush guard and toolbox and Army decals. Sigh.
10. I know I am one of the luckiest people, because even if I won those millions in the lottery tomorrow, I would not quit my job. At least not for several years. I love what I do and I feel blessed to be a part of it every day!