(Closed) 10 things about you.

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 18
292 posts
Helper bee

1. I am *terrified* of seeing a ghost! even though I don’t believe in them. 

2. I love to put on a thick layer of nail polish and then peel it off. 

3. I hate the beach in summer, but love it in the winter. 

4. Unless I’m driving, I get travel sick. Without fail, however short the journey. I got sick on a pedalo last summer. 

5. I dream every single night, clear and lucid dreams, and always remember my dreams when I wake up. 

6. I have predictive dreams, that sometimes come true years later. 

7. Paris is my favourite place in the whole world, and I lived there for a while when I was younger. 

8. I had read the collected works of Jane Austen and the Brontes by the age of 12, but have never read Dickens. 

9. When I’m lost in thought, watching TV etc, I scratch my teeth. 

10. I drink diet coke almost exclusively – my OH actually referred to it as my ‘lifeblood’ the other day! 

Post # 19
4494 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

This is fun!

1. I wish that my future kids would somehow have British accents (neither I nor my DH are British and we live in the states). I think little kids with British accents are the cutest things ever!! I suggested to my DH that we only talk to them with our fake accents and maybe it’ll stick 😛

2. I’m in a wheelchair and people ask me what happened all the time. Sometimes I’ll make up a really dramatic story just to mess with them. I’ve told people that I went bungee jumping and the cord broke, that I was attacked by a shark off of the coast of Southern California, and that I had an accident while climbing Mount Everest. Seriously the facial expressions I get are priceless. Then I just tell them the truth and it sounds so much less interesting lol.

3. I’ve broken over 30 bones. Mostly my femurs.

4. My grandmother was born in Genoa, Italy and my father grew up there for most of his childhood. Both of them only speak to me in Italian. When I was young I was too shy to try (my accent was awful) and I really had no interest in learning, so while they talk to me exclusively in Italian I only respond in English. We get a lot of weird looks.

5. I wish that there were only two seasons – Summer and Fall. I’d love if it only snowed on Christmas eve and Christmas morning. Okay, maybe New Year’s Eve, too 🙂

6. I love planning. I love planning anything and everything. I LOVED wedding planning, whereas it stresses so many people out. I used to get so excited for the day that the new class schedules came out in college. I would just sit and plan out my next semester like it was the most fun I’d ever had.

7. I’m a JCrewaholic. Its my favorite store ever (closely followed by Nordstrom, but JCrew always wins). Even my wedding dress from was JCrew. Third in line would be Target.

8. I once took a class in college where only 8 people in the class of 300ish got As. I was one of them, even though I only attended class on test days. I didn’t even go to class on the first day, I literally went to class 4 days total and only to take the tests. I didn’t hear even one lecture for that class. Woot!

9. I’ve never had a concrete idea of what I wanted to do/be. In college I switched majors a handful of times. I’ve been a Computer Engineering, International Business, Public Relations, and Chemistry major. I ended up completing the pre-med program with intentions of being an Orthopedist, then I didn’t take the MCATs and just ditched the idea altogether. Now I work for the government. No regrets because I don’t know what I’d like to be doing instead, hah!

10. I am almost 100% sure that I was named after a movie character, but my mother will never admit it. She is OBSESSED with Flashdance, its her favorite movie ever and we all make fun of her for it. Well it came out 3 years before I was born and my name is Alexandra. I am willing to bet that she got the idea from that terrible movie lol.

Post # 20
12244 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

1- I originally went to college to become a forensic psychologist

2- I grew up 4 miles from the second best beach in the country, so I am a raging beach snob

3- I could happily grow old and fat on peanutbutter and apple slices

4- I am a Jeopardy virtuoso, queen of all obscure historical knowledge

5- I am incapable of not correcting people who share incorrect information

6- I have been active in 3 branches of Christianity and one Buddhist sect, but think Judaism is probably the religion that would suit me best

7- I’m actually a moderate Republican! But ssh, don’t tell!

8- I was once called “hopelessly unathletic” by a gym teacher. I ran my most recent half-marathon 19 weeks pregnant.

9- The first home I ever owned was a mobile home! When I sold it, I used the profits to pay off 12K in student loans.

10- I love wine! One of my friends and I are a champion wine pong team!

Post # 21
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

1. In my late teens, I developed an allergy to certain laundry detergents, so when I stay in hotels I have to be covered from head to toe in bed, no matter the season, to keep from breaking out in hives.
  2. I’ve always loved the show Friends and have a cat named Phoebe, who completely embodies the character.
  3. I’ve never broken a bone, but have dislocated my elbows three times.
  4. My favorite color is green and most of my favorite foods are green: green beans, asparagus, guacamole, brussels sprouts…
  5. As a tween, I desperately wanted to be an actress on a soap opera.
  6. I work in communications and regularly give presentations, but have a very serious fear of public speaking. 
  7. My SO is a chef and named our dog Bacon, which seems cute and funny until you’re disciplining him in public. “Bacon! No!”
  8. I have really sensitive tastebuds when it comes to beverages. I hate carbonation and struggle to drink alcohol because of the bite. I prefer to drink water or almond milk (the bubbles in dairy milk bother me, too).
  9. Skillet cookies are the best thing I’ve ever eaten and if I wasn’t watching my weight, would have one for a treat every day.
  10. I was adopted at birth and have no siblings.

Post # 22
6889 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

1.) I am old, was an 80’s child.

2.) I have a fascination about orca’s (Killer Whales) and for our honey moon we went to Seattle and went further north 1 day to go whale watching and a Killer Whale was within 5 feet and went under the boot we were in.

3.) I love photography. I suck taking pictures of people but love taking pictures of landscape/animals.

4.) I have a fascination of Snowmen! My house becomes snowman central around the holidays.

5.) I grew up on a hobby farm.  My parents have had cows, to sheep, to phesants, chickens, pigmye goats, to miniature horses.

6.) With growing up on a farm, I have always had either a cat or dog or both in my life.

7.) I met my DH online FOP

8.) I got married and had a baby all in the same year. 2011

9.) My best friend is male and we have known each other for over 20 years, since high school.

10.) I color my hair all the time.  I am a natural blonde but am currently have brownish with little blonde in it.

Post # 23
2959 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Wynn Las Vegas

Ooh how fun! Lets see…

1. Bean and cheese burritos and Kraft macaroni and cheese are my ultimate favorite foods. I’m on a diet right now and I crave them every second. 

2. I have 4 cats, and volunteer at a cat rescue shelter twice a week. I LOVE CATS! 

3. I love to read. I have my Master’s in English literature, but I don’t use it in my job.

4. DH and I are always on the move, we travel a lot. In the next year we have plans to go to Maui, Nice, England and Sweden. 

5. I have an uncanny memory for song lyrics. I think they took up all the room because I am downright scatterbrained with most other things.

6. My dream when I was younger was to be a Victoria’s secret Angel…that didn’t pan out so my new dream is to be in an LMFAO music video.

7. I used to be in a group that reinacted the middle ages. I was part of the nobility, and also a belly dancer. 

8. I love music. Concerts and festivals are my favorite things. Indie / alternative music especially. 

9. My favorite fictional character is The Little Mermaid. I have a tattoo of her on my side, and also a pinup that takes after her on my arm. 

10. I’ve never beat my husband at beer pong…and oh how I have tried.

Kinda hard to think of 10 interesting things about me when I’m on the spot like that. Hmm!

Post # 24
3668 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@allyfally:  How fun! 

1) I love dogs and consider them to be one of my biggest hobbies 

2) I actually love being a military wife and don’t think that any other life style would fit me better

3) I have terrible social anxiety and don’t even remember how I made friends in the past 

4) I can remember any song even after hearing it once

5) I don’t want to die before I get to see the world

6) I love the ocean and have a hard time getting out of the water while on beach vacations 

7) When I was little I used to pray that my parents adopted me and that I would grow up to be a mermaid 

8) I have a terrible fear of grass hills and wolves (thanks lady in the water!) 

9) I am notorious for using movie quotes and using corny puns/jokes 

10) I cannot wait to finish school and start a career in speech pathology! 

Post # 25
2141 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

1.  I get easily bored with my hair color and change it quite often. It’s now red.

2.  I am entirely too obsessive compulsive. I eat all the cereal out of my lucky charms before the marshmallows…the marshmallows get eaten in a specific order. Purple horse shoes first, blue moons are always last…

3.  I’ve been to 23 countries. All of which were in Europe except for Canada, Jamaica, Japan, and Peru.

4.  I was very upset when they discontinued the light brown M&M.

5.  I’ve had countless near death experiences.

6.  I beat cancer, but it left me blind in my right eye.

7.  I absolutely love 80’s music.

8.  When I was little I always wanted to be a gymnast.

9.  I love learning languages and wish I could remember half of what I used to know. I studied French all through high school and Japanese and German in college. I used to know all kinds of phrases and words to get myself around in Spanish, Italian, Czech, and Croatian.

10.  I constantly have déjà vu and it can sometimes freak me out. I often have dreams about people I don’t know and then days, weeks, or months later I will see the person in my dream in the situation.

Post # 26
563 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

1. I have loved weddings ever since I was little. I had an Iced Tea stand when I was in elementary, and would take all the money I made and walk to the grocery store and would use it to by bridal magazines. 

2. I’m a wedding photographer and despite how much work it is, I wouldn’t want to do anything else.

3. I used to compete in latin/ballroom dancing.

4. I’m really good at scrabble, and have 20 games of words with friends going at a time.

5. I love dogs so much (I have three). I volunteer at a rescue in my city and photograph all the rescues to help them get adopted.

6. My s/o is covered head to toe in tattoos (literally, his head is actually tattooed).

7. I love watching movies. I watch probably 3+ a day.

8. My Dad was an alcoholic and quit drinking right before I was born since he almost died from it. Quit for 20 years, and then tried drinking casually (which didn’t work out so well). That fathers day, I quit drinking and haven’t touched alcohol since. It’s been over 7 years.

9. I’ve never done drugs.

10. My s/o and I chose to get married in Paris, since there’s a metal festival in June near there that we want to go to, and figured what better place to do it. 

Post # 27
2959 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Wynn Las Vegas

View original reply
@steph_lady:  That Ronald McDonald story…so scary!!! I wish that had happened to me so I wouldn’t ever eat McDonalds again 😉

Post # 28
3765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

1. I am a really sore loser. I get sooo upset. DH will not play scrabble with me because that’s when I’m at my worst.

2. My initials spell ARM. Before marriage they spelled ART. I love it.

3. I love the smell of hardware stores. They remind me of my grandfather.

4. I will be vacationing in Argentina next fall!

5. I have never broken a bone or had chicken pox.

6. I signed up for eharmony after seeing DH’s profile. I paid to talk to him, two weeks later we met in person, three years after that we got married!

7. I hate beans, and my hispanic family won’t let me hear the end of it. All in good fun, though.

8. I have only seen snow once in my entire life. Some of you Northern bees would probably tell me what I saw wasn’t even really snow, because it wasn’t much at all, and it was more icy than powder.

9. I’m an oops baby, and have never met my bio father/sperm donor. But I did look him up on Facebook.

10. I have a nervous habit of biting the inside of my cheek.

Post # 29
1845 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

1. My birthday is 12/19, and I ALWAYS manage to look at a clock at the precise moment it says 12:19, it happens at least 5-6 times a week. It’s freaky. 

2. I like my bum the best.

3. I have the worlds most “cushiest” job (I work from home, get lots of vacation, great pay, etc). And I often times feel like I don’t deserve it.

4. I’ve seen every episode of Seinfeld, friends and the Simpsons (up until the year 2000, haven’t watched it since), and basically my brother and i’s entire relationship is quoting these three shows to each other. JOEY DOESN’T SHARE FOOD!

5. I’ve been skydiving, bungee jumping, parasailing, snorkeling, etc.. They didn’t scare me. What REALLY scares me is driving my car over a bridge that goes over water. I am terrified of driving on bridges. 

6. I change my “diet” every day. 

7. I don’t have any female friends thst aren’t family. Sometimes other woman try to strike up conversations with me, but I’m just too shy to keep the conversation going. I feel like I would be a great friend, I’m just so darn shy.

8. I used to think my husband was ugly. I thought he was just  way too skinny. We eventually became friends, then best friends, then husband and wife. And NOW I think he is one of the most handsome men I know. I dont know when something switched in my head, but at times I feel like he’s way out of my league now. 

9. I am obsessed with Christmas, and I start making Christmas crafts in June. 

10. I have never had a manicure last longer then 1 day because i always pick it off. Even on my wedding day, couldn’t help it. 

Post # 30
58 posts
Worker bee

1. I am 5′ 1″, 105 lbs and pretty girly.
  2. So, people are often surprised that I’m a big UFC fan.
  3. I am a big animal lover.
  4. I’m vegan and have been for 3+ years.
  5. I’ve never gotten into a car accident,  knock on wood (I literally just knocked on wood). 
  6. I never want to have children. Ever.
  7. I watch too much TV.
  8. I love making people laugh.
  9. I’ve never read Twilight of the Hunger Games. I think I’m too devoted to Harry Potter. No, there’s no such thing as being too devoted to Harry Potter.
  10. I don’t eat sugar, gluten or any processed foods.

Post # 31
3765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
@itsnottoolate:  no such thing as being devoted to HP, agreed

The topic ‘10 things about you.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors