(Closed) 10 things about you.

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 32
10450 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Hmmm let’s see…

1. I have a ridiculous memory for number sequences. My credit cards, bank info, library card, membership numbers, drivers license, SIN, etc. It’s very handy. 

2. I am a huge crazy cat lady and I spoil my 2 year old Siamese evey day like it’s his last day on earth. He is so damn cute I couldn’t resist even if I wanted to. 

3. I think driving is fun. I have a sports car and I treat driving everywhere like a competition. I always have to be in front and weave around people to get there like I’m being chased. And I am a damn good driver too actually. Therefore… bad/slow drivers give me terrible road rage. 

4. I have no allergies, but gluten does not agree with my insides. 

5. I am really bad at telling stories/movie plots. Everybody in my family makes fun of me for my awful never getting to the point extremely long stories that end up not even being interesting. 

6. I’ve never had an accident or a speeding ticket. Or even a parking ticket. Knock on wood!

7. My favorite food is cake. 

8. I consider myself a badass because I walked around on a broken foot for a week before going to the doctor. I assumed it was a broken toe and there was nothing they could do, so why bother. Eventually I couldn’t take the pain and I could barely put any weight on that foot. But who else do you know who ignored a broken bone for a week? Haha 

9. I haven’t puked since grade 3, and I intend to keep this record. 

10. My hair color is completely natural but people assume it’s dyed all the tile. It’s a very rich brunette I guess. 

Post # 33
865 posts
Busy bee

1 I am only 5 ft tall and call myself “fun sized”

2 I have 3 goats and 8 chickens

3 I work in Oncology at the hospital and love my job, it is not as sad a place to work as you would think.

4 I hitchhiked across Canada and back when I was 19

5 I donated a kidney to my dad

6 i was held hostage at gun point for 4 hours

7 i was in the guinness book of world records (for most naked people in one picture in the mid 90’s at a Phish concert)

8 I only got my license a couple years ago at age 30

9 I am in love with dave grohl of the foo fighters (it’s ok, my husband knows)

10 I have to take a sleeping pill every night to fall asleep, it is kind of a problem

Post # 34
4424 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
@FortiesFlare:  Too funny! My bday is 12/19 as well. I also looooove Friends. I’ve seen every episode about 50 times and to this day one of my favorite lines is “JOEY DOESN’T SHARE FOOD!” My fiance says I’m like that with chocolate…:)

Post # 35
4424 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

These are great!

1. My birthday is 12/19 and I secretly think all December birthdays are the best.

2. I teach English to Freshman and absolutely love it (most days). I couldn’t imagine sitting in an office all day.

3. My fiance once made me sob by whispering “I will love you forever” to me. He thought it was hilarious.

4. I LOVE chocolate. Especially Reese’s miniatures. They rock my world.

5. I have two sisters, one older and one younger. For the first time ever my older sister lives away from us and I miss her very much.

6. I watched my niece being born. It was terrifying and beautiful. I cried when she actually arrived.

7. My fiance and I absolutely want kids (2 please!) and I go back and forth on how soon I want them. Some days I want a baby NOW and others I’m like “naw…I’m good for awhile.”

8. I have a photographic memory. It made studying in school very easy.

9. I really, really hate when people quote my favorite tv shows or movies incorrectly. I have to correct them.

10. I am a HUGE reader and love to re-read books. I will read The Lovely Bones for the 100th time soon!

Post # 37
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

1. I just ended my final soccer season as a college athlete and I’m honestly having more trouble dealing with ending that than any break up I’ve ever went through. 

2. I’m so behind on planning my wedding it’s stupid. lol

3.  I’m a double major in psychology ams family studies

4. I have a stress fracture in my foot and have to wear a walking boot currently.. even though I’m still trying to work out a little on it. 

5. I’m terrified of aliens even though I’m not sure I believe they exsist.

6. I hate snow. 

7.  My favorite smell is play doh 

8. Despite my love of fitness I eat chocolate daily 

9. part of the reason I love fitness is the fact that i suffer from a mild form of cerebral palsy. Growing up I was weaker, slower and constantly wad physically developmentally slower than other children. 

10. I’m crazy about my fiancé 🙂 

Post # 38
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
@Pinkmoon:  lol I did the same thing to my foot but I was walking/playing on mine for a month! I totally agree at first it didn’t hurt much at all then all of a sudden bam! 

Post # 39
8469 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

1.  I love dogs more than I can say.

2.  I couldn’t give up pasta if my life depended on it.

3.  I’m still driving the first car I ever owned.

4.  I could sleep for HOURS… I’m talking like 12+.

5.  My all time favorite movie is Thelma and Louise.

6.  I’m a 5th grade Language Arts teacher.

7.  My favorite snack is popcorn.

8.  Horror movies are my favorite.

9.  I am obsessed with watching crime shows..(Deadly Women, Who the Bleep Did I Marry, etc.)

10.  I once tried out for America’s Next Top Model.

Post # 40
Hostess
10356 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

1. I’ve been in school for 23 years now… 

2. I’m a PhD candidate in bioengineering and first generation college grad.

3. I love the color purple.

4 I have premonition dreams, usually about death/pregnancies/birth.

5. I have 2 French Bulldogs: Darwin (after my favorite scientist) and Zoey. [One day I want two brother Frenchies I can name Waston and Crick]

6. When I retire, I want to own a bar in a college town… and breed frenchies 🙂

7. I identify as an athiest, but I have my own ideas about our universe.

8. I feel as if I don’t belong in the area I live (midwest) and I identify more with the Pacific Northwest.

9. I’ve been asked to leave a country before (a nice way to say deported?)…. 

10. I want to make history in the medical field. My life goal is to win the Nobel Prize in Medicine. 

Post # 41
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

1. I love animals. I grew up with them and the longest I went without having one was 8 months since I was working 2 jobs and going to school. The minute I finished my classes..I went to the pound and adopted my kitten.

2. I almost drowned when i was 5. Since then I am terrified and HATE getting my face wet.  Even when I shower, my face stays pretty dry.

3. As terrified of water as I am, I love the ocean. LOL

4. I still love backstreet boys. I don’t care what anyone else says. They were my very first concert and I went to one of the reunion tours a few years ago.

5. i am obsessed with marilyn monroe. My old apartments were completly covered in her posters. Now I only have a few in the bedroom.

6. Although I am not religious, I have always been very spiritual

7. I used to have a ghost in my old apartment…it was a little girl and her name was Donna.

8. I was in a very bad car accident a few years ago and at least once a week I have a dream that i’m trying to brake and it won’t brake, I always wake up right before I hit something. (scares the crap out of me every day.)

9. I have always been very girly…my mom was always a tom boy and never knew what to do with me.

10. I would love to go back and experience life in the 40’s and 50’s.

Post # 42
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

1. I absolutely love baking. I used to bake something daily, up until a few years ago. My DH and I gained too much weight, so I’ve had to cut back since.

2. I have to sleep with a fan on. I cannot get any sleep without it. Also, my alarm has to be set ending in an odd number. (6:07am) I’ll drive me crazy if it’s not.

3. I met my DH through an online video game about 8 years ago.

4. Even though I’ve lived in New England most of my life, I absolute hate the cold.

5. I love love LOVE animals, especially dogs. I actually love dogs more than I like people. My best friend is my pitbull/pointer mix who we rescued 6 years ago.

6. My favorite holiday is Christmas, so come the beginning of November, I am already decorating and listening to Christmas music.

7. I have never broken a bone or been injured, and have never been hospitalized.

8. My biggest fear is spiders. I am terrified of them, and will run in the other direction if I see one, regardless of its size. Clowns are a close second.

9. I spend a lot of my free time at night couponing. I love finding good deals.

10. I can easily spend 4+ hours at Target. It’s a problem.

Post # 43
522 posts
Busy bee

1. I am currently in a masters program for speech-language pathology. I’m still undecided on the population I want to work with.

2. I have 35 scented candles in my apartment right now. I have an unhealthy obsession with Bath & Body Works.

3. I’ve been a vegetarian for almost 11 years now.

4. I’ve never voted.

5. I’ve seen 3 UFOs (not sure what they were, really).

6. I am very, very interested in marine wildlife. Mostly orcas and dolphins, OH and sea turtles.

7. My favorite color is turquoise.

8. I am a huge Harry Potter fan, and I cried when the books AND movies were over.

9. I am also a Disney freak.

10. I have two dogs and a rabbit.  

Post # 44
1563 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
@WillowTreeWade:  OMG you were held hostage!? WHY??

Post # 45
3051 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

1. I cannot make up my mind to save my life. Even once I’ve made a decision, I question if it was the right one. Constantly. It’s so annoying.

2. I cannot stand bass. Like, when someone blares music and the walls are booming and shaking from the bass. I HATE IT. It’s one of my biggest pet peeves.

3. I also can’t stand when people bring work home with them. You have like 1/6 of your day to do things other than work or sleep. Leave work at work.

4. I loved the show Charmed growing up. It was my absolute favorite show ever.

5. My favorite movie is Dirty Dancing! Which is not right for my age, it was filmed before I was even born lol

6. I wish I was either gay or straight. I am proud to be bi, but I think I would be less confused if I was just one or the other, not in the middle. I know I’d be less confused.

7. When I was in 2nd grade, we had a class pet. He was a hamster. When it was my weekend to bring him home, apparently he got loose and my mom went to the pet store & bought a look a like. The look a like turned out to be a girl and she was pregnant! We didn’t know until she started having her babies in the middle of class

8. I just put in my first application for an HR job! I have almost no hope I’ll get the job but I’m praying!!

9. I don’t feel as old as I am. I don’t know what it’ll take for me to feel my age.

10. I secretly think there’s definitely life on another planet somewhere. Some planet, some galaxy some wherever but we can’t be the only life in this gigantic universe

Post # 46
5187 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

1. I was conceived in a different state than I was born.

2. I’ve been collecting rock and mineral specimens since I was 4 years old. 

3. I’ve been pierced 22 times, but currently only wear jewelry in 16 of them.

4. I still drive my very first vehicle that I got in 2002.

5. I own 14 pairs of DC Pure sneakers.

6. My ears have points on the back of them. 

7. I’m afraid of hamsters, but not snakes.

8. My favorite color is mint green.

9. When I retire I want to run a bearded dragon sanctuary.

10. My favorite Bath & Body Works fragrance is Winter Candy Apple.

The topic ‘10 things about you.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors