(Closed) 10 things about you.

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 62
1348 posts
Bumble bee

1. My eyes change color, from blue, to green, and gray. 

2. I used to be afraid to sleep with my neck exposed (thank you alien tv shows)

3. I don’t crumple toilet paper, I roll it around my hand then create a flat stack.

4. I’m terrified of new things/ people. I’m always so awkward then I open up and people are very surprised how open I can be.

5. I can shake my eyes, touch my elbows behind my back, and lick my left elbow (not the funnybone side).

6. I listen to top 40’s music when I’m alone but normally despise it (I only like the catchiness, not the actual substance and muscial quality). It’s kind of hard to sing along to Sigur Ros (which is actually one of my favorite bands).

7. I don’t understand the point of glamping. Camping is awesome, even better- backpacking. If you can’t live in the woods for a few days, then I hope the zombies get you first (just joking guys, I’m not that crazy).

8. I wish I could cook better, but every time I cook I know my SO could do better. At least I own at baking.

9. I have two cats, but I like dogs better. Don’t get me wrong, I love cats too. I can’t help the fact that I’m a dog person.

10. I’m afraid I’ll never be able to fully commit myself to anyone or anything, I get scared very quickly when things get serious. I really hope I get over this. I still don’t ever want to give up my independence. Unity ceremonies do not appeal to me at all. I’d rather have two separate people joined together legally and keeping their own identities but remaining a pair. Like salt and pepper.

Post # 63
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

1. I am a huge histor nerd (and have my HBa in history). 

2. I’m in teachers college right now at my first placement – eek!! 

3. My Fiance and I have been together since gr 7. 

4. I have a terrible needle phobia. 

5. I’m pretty sure I have an undiagnosed anxiety disorder, but the thought of going to the doctors to get properly diagnosed stresses me out (lol).

6. My guilty pleasure is sitting in my PJs all day watching teenage drama series’ on netflix. 

7. I’m obsessed with cats. 

8. I absolutely cannot watch scary movies. It just can’t happen. 

9. I still don’t have my full lisence. I’m terrified of driving an only do it occasionally to get peoe off of my back about it. 

10. I’ve never broken a bone, but regularly dislocate my kneecaps! 

Post # 64
67 posts
Worker bee

1) I often write out posts/replies or just things I want to say in general, I could spend a lot of time on it but then I just end up feeling like it’s stupid or that no one really cares to hear what I have to say so I just delete the post and/or don’t speak up (in “real life” situations) 

This thread is one example. I had typed out 5 facts and then deleted it all…I need to stop doing this because I feel like it affects me getting to where i want to be in life but I don’t know how. I’m trying though…

Post # 65
533 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

1. I have more health conditions and get sick more often than anyone I know. In the last 3 weeks I have had a bad cold, two stomach bugs, and diverticulitis. It sucks. I also have chronic migraines, and am being tested for sleep apnea and thyroid issues.

2. I also consider myself a crazy cat lady. I love my two cats! 

3. I have super bad anxiety. 

4. I am currently not working due to health issues. People are really judgmental and say things like, “Oh, you don’t work? That must be nice!” It isn’t! 

5. I am a huge history nerd. The Civil War and World War Two especially fascinate me. 

6. For years, my dream was to live in Ireland. 

7. I consider myself a music snob, but I love Taylor Swift. (Don’t judge!) 

8. I graduated summa cum laude from college

9. My greatest goal is to be a mother, but I worry it won’t happen because of my health issues.

10. I love reading. I got in trouble as a kid for reading at the table, and in my room when i was supposed to be asleep. 

Post # 66
1394 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

1. I still play on Neopets.

2. I met my Fiance online when we were 14 through a friend. When he first saw a picture of me he said “That’s my wife.”

3. I made a website with my best friend in January.

4. I will forever be a cat lady, however I love dogs too.

5 I was scared to move out of my parents house, thought I would miss them too much. (now that I have moved out I can’t stay at their house too long without wanting to go home)

6. I do not own a smart phone.

7. I rarely drink anything but water.

8. The first time I went to meet my Fiance in person I was 19 and had just had knee surgery 5 days before. (I flew from VA to CA)

9. Posion ivy has no effect on me.

10. The book that got me hooked on reading was called ‘Walk Two Moons’ which is a pretty sad story.

Post # 67
1035 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@BebeLondon:  I have the SAME problem. I do that all the time on here, Twitter, Facebook, and my blog. I’m gonna start just forcing myself not to delete things I type out.

Post # 68
1035 posts
Bumble bee

1.) I used to really hate kids. Like, REALLY hate kids. If there was a kid screaming in a grocery store I’d yell “WELP! That one’s broken! Time to throw it away!” or something equally offensive. But then one day, I just woke up and really wanted a kid of my own. Really, night-and-day. It was the only time this has ever happened on any subject in my entire life.

2.) I don’t like horses. I don’t understand the appeal of horses. I’m not saying they’re stupid, I’m just saying I dont “get” why people LOVE horses.

3.) I’m afraid to move to a city where I know some former High School bullies live. : I really want to move to Boston but there are 3 girls from my HS who used to torture me, that live there now. So yeah… I’m actually afraid of moving there for fear of running into them.

4.) I really want a tattoo.. I’ve wanted the same tattoo for the past 10 years, but my anxiety is so bad, I can’t even walk into a tattoo shop. I went with a friend to watch him get inked, and I almost passed out. ๐Ÿ™

5.) I want to dye my hair blue for my wedding. I’ve had blue hair before, and I love the way I look in it. But I’m too afraid that I’ll regret it 20 years from now. 

6.) I have a food blog but I haven’t had the time to keep up with it… and then I get jealoud of food blogs that have gotten super popular and are “younger” than mine. Sigh. 

7.) I’m 28, and I finally figured out what I want to do with my life, so I’m back in college.

8.) Because of #7, I feel like the biggest loser in the world.

9.) I love candles. When Yankee Candle Co or Bath & Body Works has new scents for the season, I’m there. I have sooo many candles!!!

10.) Lime flavored candy is my favorite! It’s slowly being replaced with Green Apple though, which is pissing me off (I’m looking at YOU, Skittles!!).

Post # 69
1344 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

– I have a black belt in karate. 

– Horses are my passion. I ride, I have broken some in before and I am currently taking a course that will allow me to start my own equine business once I am finished.

– I am not religious.

– I have 3 horses, 3 dogs and a rabbit. 

– I am learning to speak italian. I’m also learning a little ballroom dancing and some swing dancing!  

– I am a vegetarian.

– I am a really good shot with a gun, but I only ever shoot targets.  

– I have been scuba diving on the great barrier reef (I got SO seasick on the way back from that! The tablets have a 1/10 chance of making you worse, and apparently I am the 1/10).

– On our honeymoon, I am going swimming with the dolphins at seaworld, and will be getting a photo with a cheetah at the AUS zoo!  

– I have a very good memory. I am especially good with remembering dates, and what I was doing on those days. Like, if someone asked me what I was doing on the 12th of January 2008, or the 8th of August 2007, I can remember that. I even know what I was wearing and who I was with ect.

Post # 70
1344 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
@LadyMoriarty: 

It is really odd that my reply about loving horses came right after your reply about not understanding the appeal of horses LOL! 

Post # 71
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Poulsbo, WA

1.) I love dogs and horses a crazy amount. I’ve ridden horses most of my life and I’m convinced they’re magic. If I see a dog on a walk or in the car, I have a cumpulsion to say, “It’s a puppy! Look everyone, it’s a puppy, oh my gosh!”

2.) I have slept with my stuffed dog Daisy since I was 5. She’s been to Europe, Africa, the Caribbean, and Brasil.

3.) My favorite weather is snow. I LOVE it. I hate summer weather.

4.) My life goal is to be a park ranger.

5.) I’m fluent in French.

6.) I’m a certified scuba diver.

7.) I love getting haircuts. Love it. I’m trying to grow my hair out and it’s not going very well because sometimes I just get in the mood for a haircut.

8.) My favorite beverage is beer. Or maybe eggnog.

9.) I can’t stand cucumbers. I think they tase like dirty water.

10.) My favorite movie is The Parent Trap. Yes, the Lindsay Lohan version. My best friend and I used to watch it a couple times a week in middle school. I’ve seen it more times than I can count and I can quote the whole thing start to finish. When I want something to cheer me up, I go straight to The Parent Trap.

Post # 73
2490 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

1. I have a huge phobia of moths and butterflies

2. If I could adopt every cat in the world I would… I am a total cat lady!

3. Sushi and thai food are my favorite foods. I am a huge foodie and love trying new things

4. Sometimes I feel like I was meant to grow up in the 60’s- would have loved to see a live Bob Dylan performance back then

5. I played the clarinet in school and I really miss marching band. I also play the piano although I feel like I’m losing my skills

6. One time at work my coworker from the Phillippines brough balut- basically a fertilized duck egg- and I was the only girl with the balls to try one (and only 2 guys would do it!) People still talk about it

7. My parents and I are advanced open water certified scuba divers

8. I am extremely shy around new people and come off as weird and standoffish, which is something I am working on

9. I’m an ER RN although my contract at my hospital expires in June of next year and I’m hoping to move to Labor and Delivery ๐Ÿ™‚

10. I’m an atheist

Post # 74
2691 posts
Sugar bee

Here goes it….I’m awake working night shift anyways ๐Ÿ™‚

1. I hate hate hate odd numbers….when I’m eating candy or chips, etc I always eat two at a time or make sure the initial bite is into two pieces. I grew up with two sisters (odd number of children in my family), and I want 2 or 4 kids….one kid I don’t want because when it comes down to the end of life for myself and husband, I don’t want my child to have to make decisions alone…three kids, the one in the middle gets blamed or left out of things as a child, and not everyone has a buddy (I like the buddy system). I know…I’ve thought too much about this.

2. I have SUCH a sweet tooth! Chocolate and cheesecake being one of my favorites….and ice cream!

3. A lot of my wardrobe is black and gray…..I’m starting to branch out and buy more blues, reds and pinks.I used to HATE pink….until I was about 20.

4. I’m SUCH a family person. I love my family and friends….and I can’t wait to start a family of my own after next October.

5. I like to deer hunt ๐Ÿ™‚ I have for 11 years now.

6. I just started a new job as a nurse in a hospice house in October, while I also work casual at a homecare company with children and also casual in a hospital on a med/surg unit.

7. I hate talking on the phone…I’d much prefer texting.

8. I fidget…a lot. To the point where I drive my Fiance insane sometimes, whether it’s wiggling my legs, twirling a piece of my hair, folding wrappers (gum, candy, corners of papers, etc.), etc.

9. I dated an alcoholic for a year and it really made me find myself. I realized what I didn’t want…and who I was. It wasn’t a great relationship, but in a way I’m glad it happened.

10. I have a wonderful fiance. I wouldn’t trade him for the world and I’m so glad I found him!!!

Post # 75
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

1. I love words, word games & take spelling tests for fun.

2. Gluten gives me eczema.

3. I study natural therapies, and hope to run my own natural skincare/beauty product business some day.

4. I love recycling, and sometimes go to extreme lengths to make sure everything is recycled (even at other people’s houses, i.e. rummage through bins.)

5. I’m pregnant, and fruit is all I crave.

6. I love myth & fantasy, especially anything related to witches. Charmed is my favourite show.

7. I get tension headaches almost daily.

8. I love children’s books, and dream of both writing and illustrating my own.

9. My family is Scandinavian, and I am first generation Australian.

10. Every Saturday my family, partner & I do the weekend quiz in the newspaper. We’ve been doing it for nearly 2 years now.

Post # 76
403 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

1) I am half Filipina and half American (Polish decent) and I always get the question “What are you?”

2) I love my dog. She is my best friend and my protector since my DH is in another state at the moment. I stay home on weekends just to spend time with her. She is my furbaby.

3) I never want to be soley known as an “Officer’s Wife” or “Military Wife.” For some it’s okay but I want to be known as a professional in my career, rather than just my husband’s wife.

4) I am a clean freak and very OCD about things in my house.

5) I think the crock pot is one of the best kitchen inventions ever!

6) I love coffee. Just making it is calming to me.

7) I am VERY superstitous and will not watch scary movies inside the house for fear of letting in “evil”

8) I already decorated for Christmas!

9) I could spend an entire day walking around Hobby Lobby

10) I love animals so much that I pretend they can understand me when I talk to them (I know my dog understands, I am meaning the occasional Lizard or grasshopper I find outside haha)

The topic ‘10 things about you.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors