(Closed) 10 things i hate about my wedding

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1429 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m confused. Didn’t your wedding already happen?

I’m sorry that these things happened to you.

My wedding didn’t go as planned either. In fact almost everything went wrong but it’s over now and time to move on. I’m trying but it’s hard. At the end of the day I got to marry my best friend and the love of my life and that’s what is important. 

Post # 5
1638 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@ebotlsrm:  *BIG HUG*

Why couldn’t you decided who was standing beside you?

Those BMs who are not helping might need a good dose of Bridezilla, espeically that one who keeps complaining.

what do you feel you have no control over? Maybe we can give you tips on getting control back

Post # 6
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Big hugs coming your way! I understand, the planning deal can become soo frustrating and stressful.

At first FI&I had many people throwing many opinions our way about how we should do things.  What worked for us?  Once we got the location and venue locked down, I stopped telling or asking anyone’s (but FI’s) opinion about most plans/ideas.  I had a talk with my Maid/Matron of Honor about how it is really discouraging when I/FI throw out ideas for our wedding and so many people have OTHER ideas they are pushing us to do.  She totally understood and is now a big help/advocator for making things work as we want them. If people ask about the planning, I just say it’s going great (with a smile b/c I am happy!) and that we’re working on a number of things that will be surprises for others on the wedding day. 🙂

Hope this helps and you start enjoying the plannign a little more! 

Post # 7
7651 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

1. Who is dictating who stands beside you? Tell them to shove off and pick who you want. Typically your Maid/Matron of Honor stands next to you, if that is what you mean. And I’d assume you love your Maid/Matron of Honor enough to want her to stand there.

2. My Future Sister-In-Law gave me crap for 6 months about the dress I picked. She felt it made her look “trashy.” I told her I wouldn’t pick out dresses that made my BMs look like trash. We finally got this figured out with my Fiance having to talk to her, but if they want to volunteer themselves in, they can also volunteer themselves out. Let her complain, she can have an opinion, but if it gets too stressful for you, say something.

3. I’m split on making BM’s help out. I think the Maid/Matron of Honor should to some extent because typically you are close with your Maid/Matron of Honor, but consider their situations with school, work, kids before jumping on them. Also, ask them to help you out as a friend instead of telling them they are a Bridesmaid or Best Man so they should help out.

4. Take it over yourself if the Maid/Matron of Honor didn’t do it. Will be less stress and drama.

5. She is your Future Sister-In-Law, you should invite her…no matter what the situation. If she feels offended or doesn’t like what you guys do that is her problem. I’m taking one for the team and inviting mine even though she has caused nothing but problems. Be the bigger person. We brides were made to be tough!

6. See #2: If they volunteer in, they can unvolunteer out. She doesn’t have to come. Or maybe ask her what some of her ideas are. Maybe you will be open to some? She is your friend after all.

7. and 8. If you’re looking at your bachlorette party as something you have to do, then don’t do it. It is suppose to be stress free and fun. If it is creating stress and drama for you, then just don’t do one or do a simple dinner out.

9. & 10. Cry, girl. Get pissed off for a while. And then step back and breathe. Talk to someone. Fiance should understand if you’re marrying him or mom or friend. Put your foot down on issues you feel strongly about. Also, discussing it with your Fiance would be a good idea so that he can help back you up in situations and be there for support.

I have cried and got mad plenty times, but I keep telling myself this is the way my Fiance and I want it, so that is how we will do it. The more you share with everyone, the more people will try to control. It is hard not to talk about your own wedding, but it is less stressful in the end. You will be ok, and you will have a gorgeous wonderful wedding marrying the man that you love <3 Good luck.

The topic ‘10 things i hate about my wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors