Post # 1
I’ve been feeling very lucky lately, for so many reasons… here are just a few of the reasons I love my Fiance:
1. He is always happy to hear from me (even when he is at work surrounded by people- he answers the phone “BABY!!!” or “Hi Beautiful”.
2. He is a gentleman- in almost 2 years I have only open the car door a handful of times.
3. He’s domesticated: he cooks, cleans and does the laundry ( I do too but its nice to have help)
4. He always tells me how beautiful I am and how luck he is (!?) lol
5. He loves my family (they can be loud, erratic and at time just plain obnoxious) but he has never and will never say anything negative about, and actually enjoys spending time with them. (He actually passed up a boys night out and said “But your family is in town”)
I will continue my list later… we are going to dinner now.
What are some of your reasons for falling for your SO??
Post # 3
oh! I’ll play…
1) His motivation – he doesn’t come from much of anything and aspires to be so much in life (no doubt he will achieve his dreams)
2) He told me in 8th grade he would marry me… we haven’t been apart since
3) His cleanliness and organization
4) His love for children
5) His passion for soccer
6) His intelligence – he’s so amazingly smart!!!
7) His humor – cliche, but he knows how to crack up a room!
8) His culture – I love it when he speaks spanish 🙂
9) Willingness to go above and beyond for anyone… he would like to start a scholarship foundation sometime in the future
10) His morals… I haven’t met another guy his age with the maturity and respect he has for anyone else
… most importantly, the fact that we really are one person. We go to the same college, have the same major, same classes, and live together. People ask if we get “sick of each other” and the answer is never. If either one of us is gone for a couple of hours, we’ve probably texted or called at least 10 times. haha!!! Believe it or not… neither one of us are “needy” by any means. We’re just like twins, we enjoy being with each other and spending time together — hardly ever argue. We’re actually very independent people, but just prefer to be with each other!!
Ok – that’s all my sappiness for now… lol!!
Post # 4
ok now i can finish my list:
6) He completes me ( I know corny but he really is my 2nd half- I have always been independent but I can’t stand being away from him for even a minute)
7. He is determined- he didn’t have much growing up and has worked hard his whole life to get him where he is today. He has been through some rough times and they have made him that much stronger.
8. He’s laid back and so easy to talk to. We have never even gotten into an argument n almost 2 years. We often joke about what our first fight will be about.
9. He will be a great dad. He’s so cute with my nephew and always asks about my 1st graders to the point where he feels like he knows each one persoanlly.
10. He’s supportive of me and everything I want or need to do.
Anyone else?? 🙂
Post # 5
1. He’s a man’s man… he drives a truck, has power tools, and uses them around the house.
2. He’s a great daddy to our Boston Terrier. He talks to him and kisses him when he thinks I’m not looking.
3. He has dimples and he hates it.
4. He loves me as much as I love him, and is very demonstrative.
Why is this in waiting if we’re talking about Fis?
Post # 6
Well, he’s not my Fiance…yet. 🙂 But he’s still wonderful.
1. He’s traditional and loving.
2. He’s so manly but doesn’t shy away from a pink drink because in his book flavor trumps appearance.
3. He’s a chef and we share a genuine passion of food.
4. He’s a rockstar in the bedroom.
5. He’s the hardest worker I’ve ever known.
6. He doesn’t think he’s as sexy as he really is.
7. He never yells. He values the importance of fighting fair and communicating.
8. He has a silly sense of humor.
9. He is caring and will be a great father.
10. He’s a true gentleman – a rare find these days.
Post # 7
@MrsLongcoatPeacoat: My mistake… I posted it in the wrong place… by the time I realized it was too late to fix 🙁
Post # 8
1. He treats me like I’m the only girl in the world
2. He’s a Firefighter, and shares the same passion as me
3. He’s tall, 6’8
4. He’s independant like me which makes us more clingy to eachother (if that makes sence LOL)
5. He’s smart with money
6. He’s amazing with animals and kids (which for 22 years old is rare)
7. He knows to stay out the kitchen when I cook LOL
8. He has great taste in friends who all love me
9. He Me makes every time like the first time 🙂
10. If he’s out on at a fire, etc. he’ll call/text me to tell me whats happening and to let me know he’s okay 🙂
Post # 9
Believes in me
Understands my independence and is not threatened by it
Sense of humor, but he would still say I am the funnier of the two of us.
Overall positive outlook (especially when I’m being a worry-wart)
That’s just some….
Post # 10
@claireos: #7….my FH isn’t really a yeller either. I could probably count on one hand the number of times he has yelled in the past 11 years.
Post # 11
@Birdie Love & @claireos: Good points about the not yelling – that’s such a great attribute… it really is! FI is like that as well.
Post # 12
1. He reminds me about important dates or appointments that I’m likely to forget.
2. He likes to end a disagreement by holding me tight for a long time.
3. He values humility and hates ostentatiousness and materialism.
4. He compliments my looks in fantastically specific terms.
5. He doesn’t lie.
6. He loves to wear a three piece suit.
7. He stares at me sometimes like I’m the most wonderful thing in the world.
8. He always wants to be involved in family dinners, family reunions, and the like.
9. He never hesitates if I need help, if I need cheering up, if I need advice.
10. He has his own friends, but he’d rather spend time with me.
Post # 13
My husband has soooo many great trates that I do not have!!!!! lol
1. He is patient, probably the most patient person I know.
2. He smiles all the time, even at work his name is “Smiley!”
3. He acts like I am the only woman in the world.
4. He LOVES to hold my hand/me when we are out and about, as I love holding his!
5. He talks to me in a sweet baby talk voice.
6. He tells me I’m beautiful, no matter if I am dressed up or in sweats with my hair pulled back.
7. He loves our pets as much as I do.
8. We have a great passion together (Golf!) And he would rather me go with him and play than “the guys.”
9. He stares at me alot & even though I tell him to stop whilst laughing, I LOVE it!
10. He is my better half, honestly. <3
Post # 14
@MsYellowJacket: Thats really sweet about the 8th grade thing! How long have you two been together? 🙂 Hubby & I started dating when I was 15 & he was 17. I rarely see bee’s talk about being with their fi/hubby since grade school/ high school. And Hubby & I are together ALL the time also & do everything together literally! And we never get tired of it!!!!! It really is great to be with someone who likes the same things as you do/has the same interests! Hubby & I go to the YMCA every morning and work out together (I even bench press him) LOL Me at a whoping 116 pounds (weighed myself today) lol. Anyways and we golf every weekend we can. Plus the other daily things you mentioned above sleep/eat/live together. Grocery shop together, shop for anything we always do it together. Basically the only time we are apart is when he is at work. 🙂 Thought it was nice to see another bee who is the same! I know most people NEED a girls night out, but my hubby is my best friend in the entire world and Id rather be out with him!!!!!! 🙂
Post # 15
Not my Fiance yet, but I’m gonna share anyway 🙂
1. He’s so motivated and driven–he is on a definite path to success. (But not only money-wise, he’s like this in all parts of his life.)
2. He complements me, and in that way we make each other better–he’s math and science, I’m language and liberal arts; he’s extremely organized, I’m working on it; he’s frugal with money, I get him to spend when he really needs to; he tends to get stressed out, I help him to relax; etc.)
3. He is great with animals and children–I cannot wait for him to be the father of my children!
4. He is goofy–sometimes when I forget to laugh, he makes me.
5. He has the world’s most comforting hugs 🙂
6. He loves to cuddle in bed…in my past experiences, it’s not all that common to find a man who loves cuddling.
7. He’s very handsome 😉
8. He’s domesticated….haha what I mean is he cleans and cooks–I love it when I have someone to cook with. It makes it so much more enjoyable.
9. I can really truly trust him and know that he won’t betray me with 100% of my heart. Based on my past experiences, that is so so so important.
10. He will change his plans to accomodate my visits (although I really don’t require too much accommodation…)
Post # 16
1)I love the way he loves me and my daughter.. its pure.. unconditional..all encompassing love. And I love him for that
2) He is cultured in the world as well as the mind (Thinks outside of the box and loves to try new things..oh and he has been pretty much everywhere!)
3) He is so damn smart! I fancy myself an intellectual but damn.. he is really smart! (I have a USAFA grad on my hands)
4) I love that he is in the military and wears a sexy uniform 😀
5) I love that he is loyal and is willing to give up everything just to be with me
6) I love that he knows how to make my day better when all I see is rain
7) I love that he not only tells me that he loves me but shows me many times, everyday
8) I love how protective he is of myself and my daughter
9) I love how driven he is.. in all aspects of life.. work.. study..
10) I love thinking about him and knowing that I could never complete this list.