(Closed) 10 Things I’ve learned about RSVPs

posted 8 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
382 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

What a great list! And I have to say, it’s refreshing to read something that is so positive about RSVP’s instead of the usual gripes 🙂

Post # 4
3564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Totally agree with #6! From now on, I will always include a personal message when I send back an RSVP–they’ve been so nice for us to read.

Post # 5
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I agree with everything you’ve put here. I’d also like to add:

11. A close friend sending in their RSVP over a month late for a no with no explanation, no note and no apology is  a potential friendship-ender.

🙂

Post # 6
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I couldn’t agree more about the personal notes – I never thought to do that before, and now I’ve made a personal vow to always respond in the first week, with a personal note. 🙂

Post # 8
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

12. Sometimes the person you thought would respond last… responds last…

Just sucks when it’s FI’s sister who hasnt’ responded and lives literally two seconds from our house.

Post # 9
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Totally agree with the personal notes thing. Before I was engaged it never occurred to me. In fact I now feel really badly that when one of my cousins last year got married I hopped on the computer the first day I got the invite and rsvp’d no with no comment! At the time I thought nothing of it because she was getting married in Aspen and I didn’t have the money to fly there and go (and most of the cousins didn’t go because it was so $$)… so i just thought i’d be nice to rsvp right away. But now i feel like i should’ve at least sent her some well wishes!

Post # 9
4159 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Oh no, I feel really bad that I haven’t put a personal note on the RSVPs I’ve sent back!!! I’ll have to keep that in mind from now on!!!

Post # 10
1025 posts
Bumble bee

I agree with #1, I thought my cousin who just got married a few months ago would be first due to the fact he had just put up with all that RSVPing headaches and such. But no respones! I had to facebook him to find out.

Also, sometimes people will forget to write their names on the RSVP. Or whether or not they are coming. Or in one case of mine, both.

Post # 11
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

I also love #6! When my RSVPs were coming in, I love the cute little personal messages that came with them! I now write fun personal messages back on every RSVP that I send back. And ditto on RSVPing for everything as soon as I get them!

Post # 12
2859 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden

I’m surprised at the chicken thing. I like chicken enough, but when I go to a wedding, I always choose the beef or fish option. It’s, I don’t know, fancier or something.

Post # 13
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I am purposely not having anything remotely chicken-related at my wedding, because my extended family (grandparents, aunts & uncles) used to (and still does, sometimes) tease me constantly when I was younger about how much I like chicken. You know what? My parents were happy chicken was my favorite, and not filet mignon!

But I’m with @danadelphia: when I go to a wedding, or any other fancier event, I want to choose something different… beef, seafood, vegetarian. Hmm, funny, that sounds like my buffet. Wink

Re: #2: I started out with an RSVP page, but people started RSVPing before I even sent out the invites! I figured it would get too confusing, so I took it down. Besides, I paid for all those stamps, so people better use them!

Post # 14
5670 posts
Bee Keeper

#1 was completely true for us. My Maid/Matron of Honor and Best Man have still yet to RSVP LOL. I just asked them if they were bringing someone and what they wanted to eat.

The topic ‘10 Things I’ve learned about RSVPs’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors