(Closed) 10 things you'll regret not doing on your wedding day

posted 3 years ago in Beehive
Post # 2
2515 posts
Sugar bee

SellyJo:  I think it’s stupid. Only a couple things on there I’d regret, not wearing comfy shoes, not setting a budget…but ones like this:

Not doing a ‘morning of the wedding’ gift swap

Not having a videographer

Those are nice-to-haves, not omg-you’ll-regret-not-doing-it.

I’m not even having bridesmaids or many things on that list and I know I won’t regret it.

Post # 3
Hostess
12276 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

SellyJo:  

1. Not doing a ‘morning of the wedding’ gift swap<br /> Didn’t do it, don’t regret it.

2. Not having ‘the chat’ with your photographer<br /> We did this – still missed a few shots but got all the important ones!

3. Not having a videographer<br /> We had a camera set up for the ceremony, sadly it didn’t record (we don’t know what happened) thankfully my Aunt got a cell phone video which gets most of the ceremony. 

4. Not adding personal touches<br /> We had lots of these 🙂

5. Not indulging yourself with a luxurious beauty treatment

My BMs and I went for Mani/Pedis (on me) the day before, it was amazing – no regrets!

6. Not getting ready with your bridal party<br /> Also a blast!

7. Not keeping an eye on the time when getting ready<br /> I’m a crazy planner – we were completely on time, but there was a BM who was designated time checker.  My advice is to plan the day BACKWARDS and add at least 15 minutes to how long you think everything will take!

8. Not making a speech if you want to<br /> DH and I made a speech, we jsut kind of winged it, I wish we’d been a little more prepared but it was still good!

9. Not taking 10 minutes alone with your groom<br /> We didn’t plan this – but it just sort of happened that we had a few minutes to just be alone between pictures and the reception.  It was a really nice – definitely recommend scheduling a few minutes to yourselves!

10. Not choosing the bridesmaids you really want<br /> I have my girls 😀

What I wish we’d done – I wish we had had someone in charge of our guestbook or made an announcement about it, a lot of people didn’t sign it and that bums me out!

Post # 4
4579 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

SellyJo:  I guess these only really apply if you want to have a traditional wedding with a bridal party and big reception with dancing. Though even if you did have that kind of wedding, some of these seem kind of stupid, like a morning gift exchange, sounds like a cute idea, but I don’t know that it is so necessary that you’ll regret not doing it. 

The topic ‘10 things you'll regret not doing on your wedding day’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors