(Closed) Words you need to stop misspelling

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
Bee
1433 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Historic Lougheed House

These all bother me too!!! I do the definitely spelling error alll the time. 

Post # 4
14496 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

That same one was posted about a year ago and I have been looking for it.  Would you mind putting up a link to where you found it please?

Post # 5
2777 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

One of my biggest pet peeves is wrong spelling lol! Especially alot and lose/loose. They should have this posted up in every English class!

Post # 6
2494 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Can I add that if you live in Canada, you should stop spelling like an American?! So many people here spell words like “cheque” “check” or “colour” “color” and even pronounce words like foyer (foi-ay) like foyer (foi-er). GAH! We have so little that belongs to us, we need to keep it going on 🙂

Post # 7
2559 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m going to frame this and hang it in my office

Post # 9
2699 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I honeslt ywondered what the hell you were all on about when I kept reading ‘check’…I was like, what are they checking? Then I caught on that’s how American’s spell cheque!

One of my american students also had no idea was tarmac was! You call it something different…..can’t remember what though!!

Post # 10
2731 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I love that thing! I saw it like a year ago or so and I seriously wanted to print it and scatter it throughout town. I HATE when people misspell words/use the wrong form of a word.

Post # 11
3975 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Soooooo glad you posted this.  A lot is my biggest pet hate!!

Post # 12
14496 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Coffee cup:  Thanks!  The Oatmeal, thats right.  I knew there was a web site that they all came from, but I could not find that old thread. Thanks!  My step son loves those for over his desk for his papers.

Post # 13
2731 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@takemyhand:  Or, if you’re American, stop spelling things like a Canadian! That drives me nuts! I knew a few people from high school who did that and I couldn’t stand it.

Post # 14
2114 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

nice!

Post # 15
1212 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Coffee cup:  I agree that Effect/Affect is hard to remember.

What don’t you understand about “definitely”? Lots of people spell it “definAtely,” which is wrong. I think that’s all the comic was saying. 

The topic ‘Words you need to stop misspelling’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors