(Closed) 10 Year Vow Renewal Ceremony

posted 8 years ago in Vow Renewals
Post # 3
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@travia520: First, congrats on 10 years! Second, welcome to the hive!

Third: You are having a vow renewal and not a wedding re-do. Remember that. I would keep it small and intimate. Your invites don’t need to match your color scheme. You can match it if you want to, but it really doesn’t matter.

Since you are already married, you just wouldn’t have any bridal events like a bridal shower or bach. party. I would stay away from big princess gowns too. ^_^

Post # 4
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@travia520: I don’t think it’s tacky at all! I think it’s nice to have a proper wedding. If you had already had a wedding and wanted to do it all over again so soon, then I would think it was weird. But a lot of brides get married and have the wedding later.

I don’t think the invitations necessarily have to match (mine won’t – but they are sticking with our “Oregon” theme). Are you sure you can’t customize the colors on some of the online paper invitation sites? Or maybe you could buy a template and make them yourself?

Post # 9
6351 posts
Bee Keeper

Congrats 🙂

Post # 11
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Congratulations!!  I think it’s fine for your invitations not to match your colors.  Mine will very likely not match my colors.  And no, it is not tacky 🙂

Post # 12
347 posts
Helper bee

I know this is a week old but congrats!  I’m also celebrating my 10th anniversary this September and have been thinking of a vow renewal/anniversary party, and found this site while researching rings (upgrade).  It is NOT tacky to have a wedding even though you are married.  Best of luck!

Post # 13
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2008

I dont AT ALL think its tacky to have a wedding if you couldnt before! Every girl deserves a wedding if that what she wants! Go for it…bach party, big pricess dress, and ALL!! Did you register for your initial marriage? If not why cant you register? If I was going to a vow renewal I would want to bring a gift and want to know where u registered or what u wanted! ….Also, we went with these gorgeous plain white w/silver detail invites. Our wedding colors are purple, black, and silver. White goes w/everything and I think looks very elegant! There are a lot of paper websites out there! Good Luck and congrats!! : )

The topic ‘10 Year Vow Renewal Ceremony’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors