10 Years together, still waiting for a ring..

posted 2 months ago in Engagement
Post # 16
4468 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

sicase1987 :  Financial situations really don’t matter as much as you think they do.  My husband and I got married when he was just out of college with his degree (was military so he was in college later than most), and when I was transitioning to a new job.  My husband also has been underemployed for a year and a half.  We definitely aren’t in the situation that we thought we would be — I am 29 and he is 30.  This is all about commitment.  Marriage is so much more than being financially stable…it’s about supporting each other in the best of times and in the worst of times.

Post # 17
5175 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2016

You don’t need to be financially secure to get married. You’re not asking him to buy a house with you or have kids right now. It’s not like that stuff and marriage have to go hand in hand. You’re simply asking for a commitment. 

Post # 18
3327 posts
Sugar bee

Don’t wait for someone who only wants you if you change. 

It’s one thing to want to be a better person for your partner. It’s another to think you need to be a different person for your partner to be good enough.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors