(Closed) 10 Yr old flower girl in this type of dress??? is it too childish?

posted 4 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Is it too childish for a 10 yr old?
    yes : (165 votes)
    93 %
    no : (13 votes)
    7 %
  • Post # 3
    3769 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

My flower girl was 6 but here’s the dress I had her in:

I think that dress you posted would be cute for a girl under 5 yrs old, but not for a 10 yr old.

Post # 4
    2781 posts
    Sugar bee

@brideanjeza:  I babysit an 11 year old and she just told me that she would be really embarrassed to wear that dress. I think that’s better for a toddler..

Post # 5
    2401 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Better for toddlers not 10 year olds(:

Post # 6
    2974 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

i love that dress! but i do think it’s better suited for a toddler/baby. i really wanted to have my flowergirl in a tutu, but she was 7, so i chose something that was still kind of like a tutu, but not baby-ish either. this is what she wore (you can’t really see them, but there are flower petals in the skirt):

Post # 7
    219 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

I wouldn’t 🙁

Post # 9
    2573 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

It’s really cute (I love the color combo!), but I definitely think it would be better suited for the under 5 crowd.

Post # 10
    2955 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 1998

@brideanjeza:  my 8 year old niece would definetly not wear that dress. I think it’s more suited to the under 5!!

Post # 13
    2781 posts
    Sugar bee

@brideanjeza:  Lol, if it makes you feel better, I love that dress too!!! I actually have it pinned in my wedding board for my daughter to wear if we have a wedding…but she’s only 20 months (: You’ll find something cute for her!!

Post # 14
    51 posts
    Worker bee

@brideanjeza:  its beautiful but prob a little to young for a 10yr old:)

Post # 15
    12257 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

That dress is SO CUTE… For a three year old. Or maybe a 2 year old! But definitely NOT for a 10 year old. What do your BM dresses look like? I bet WB can give you some awesome suggestions!

Post # 16
    1418 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

I wouldn’t put that dress on any child over 2 years old, so yes, 10 is very old for that, I’d have been embarrassed at 10 to wear that. My sister had full fledged boobs at 10 even.

The topic ‘10 Yr old flower girl in this type of dress??? is it too childish?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors