(Closed) 100% attendance rate?!?

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I was 100% right there with you – for a LONG time we were at a 97% response rate. The 3% were people we knew were not going to come (they’d told us after we sent Save-The-Date Cards, but I wanted to send an invitation anyway). 

The No’s trickled in. I think we settled at about 90%, still higher than the number I generally see thrown around.

Post # 4
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Yep, so far we are finding the same thing.  I hoped for a few no’s, but it doesn’t look like there will be too many.  This makes me very, very glad I stuck under the attendance capacity for the barn reception. :S  Everyone always says there will be a certain percentage of no’s but that’s not always the case.

Post # 5
3081 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’ve heard that the “no’s” sometimes take longer to respond, as if they are embarrassed they can’t come or waiting until the last minute to see if things change. 

Post # 6
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Thank you for your post! My FI’s family is CONVINCED that over 20% will not show up, hence wanting to invite about 20% over the venue capacity. They said it holds true for every wedding they’ve ever heard of. Whew.  Good luck to you!  I also have heard that more “no’s” come in later, so hopefully you’ll still be ok!

Post # 7
585 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

yeah im terrified of this haha 

Post # 8
3618 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Yup! I thought the no’s would respond quicker, but no all the definite yes people flooded our mailbox right off the bat and I got worried. Then like the week before the due date all the no’s flooded in. We ended up with about 80% yeses, which is what we were hoping for.

Post # 9
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I wouldn’t worry about it too much… I found I had to chase the “no’s” but the “yeses” were more likely to respond earlier and on their own.  

Post # 10
2702 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I wouldn’t worry about it. The no’s will come – they usually come toward the end.

Post # 11
Hostess
16214 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Many of the responses you get close to your deadline will be “No” responses. Just how it works.

Post # 12
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@MadTownGirl:  That’s what MY mother-in-law INSISTED! Ugh it was so irritating… she wanted to invite everyone in the entire church… totally unnecessary, and way over budget… but if I had a dollar for every time I heard “20%”, I’d have enough to pay for the whole wedding. We’ll see about that! 

Post # 13
Hostess
11167 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@Legallyblondiebride:  I’m right there with you. That doesn’t even begin to address the couple people that added on guests without having an invite or plus one for these random people.

I need some no’s!!!

Post # 14
1088 posts
Bumble bee

@Legallyblondiebride:  no… i was freaking out a little too and thought everyone would show and we’d be a little over.. but some people who said yes didn’t come (their spouse got sick, they couldn’t afford airplane tickets, they got sick)

but MOST people did come.. only 20 people didn’t come I’d say if i had to guess right now.. we invited 200 people and without those 20 coming our reception place still had to pull out an extra table for 10 — some brought a plus 1, without their invite saying they could but it all turned out great 🙂 don’t worry too much about it!!! on the day of your wedding everything falls into place..

Post # 15
1088 posts
Bumble bee

agree with a previous poster.. people who say no will wait till it’s really close to your wedding like a week or a DAY before.. which drove me nuts but whatever 🙂

Post # 16
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think when people know they’re coming, they’re more likely to just check yes right away and mail it off, whereas if people aren’t coming or aren’t sure it might take more time. I remember we got a TON of yeses and I was so worried we’d have too many, followed by a TON of nos and I was afraid no one would show up! Wait a bit before worrying too much…it may just work itself out!

The topic ‘100% attendance rate?!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors