- 5 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013
I didn’t think it would ever happen to me…the dreaded 100 day mark…I remember when it was 370 days last week. what happened? what is time? where am I? who am I?
For my career, I am a corporate events planner and typically I host massive 50k-500k events all over the world. This doesn’t phase me. (probably because it’s not my money lol). Our wedding however is another story, never have I been SO obsessed with envelope colours, table runners, the right shade of blue…
I feel like i’ve accomplished a ton since I started planning about 6 months ago…
1) booked venue
2) purchased dress – thanks mom!
3) purchased veil, shoes and petticoat
4) got jewelery for wedding day
5) selected wedding band (ring)
6) booked wedding band (music)
7) booked a caterer who also handles our bar, linens, some decor, servers, etc
8) booked a florist …then fired them and booked another florist
9) found the perfect officiant
10) got my hair back to blonde from black! probably one of the hardest tasks.. BAM!
11) booked a makeup artist
12) purchased gifts for BM/GM and booked a mobile spa night with my girls
13) booked wedding night hotel and pre wedding hotel
14) found transportation…hello 1958 t-bird!
15) purchased 40 lanterns and 300 candles..:|
16) found someone to make us a pretty vegan wedding cake
17) selected grooms’ suit (and groomsmen)
18) selected and ordered all bridesmaids’ dresses and some have arrived 🙂
15) booked room blocks at hotels near our venue
16) finished website
17) scheduled date with sisters for bridal shower and created registry
18) picked out date and location for bacherlorette (that’s all im allowed to do…stressing out my inner control freak…)
19) handwrote addresses on 50 invites in semi-fancy font (BIG mistake…my hand still hurts) and mailed them. we already got a dozen back!
20) booked photographer
21) booked photobooth
22) ordered prorgams
-Undergarments for my dress and sexy wedding night lingerie
-Grooms shoes and white shirt
-Purchase thank you cards for bridal shower
-Escort cards and seating chart
-Minor decor stuff
-Rehearsal dinner planning
-Making final payments 🙁
-build a giant moon for the photobooth…yah..
-Gifts for the parents
-find a sash that I actually like…you selling? i’m buying!
-book flights for our honeymoon in australia/fiji
….I think that’s it!!
Where were you at your 100 day mark? Were you as excited as me?