- 7 years ago
- Wedding: July 2012
Today makes exactly 100 days until I walk down the aisle!! YAYYYY!!!
We are actually already married (had a legal ceremony on Valentines Day) but I didn’t walk down an aisle!!!
I so look forward to wearing my gown and having my Dad give me away. We already have about 12 people booked so I am very excited.
It is going to be small and intimate just as I had hoped. We aren’t expecting anymore than 15 to 20 people and that is ok with us.
I asked my honey last night if he had any regrets about our decision and he said “Not at all!” As the rvsp’s come in of family of his that are declining to attend, I often feel a little sad because I wanted it to be special for him as well.
His Mom is not traveling with us but she was there for our legal ceremony and for that I am thankful. His sister and niece are coming so I feel that he will be represented.
What I have done so far:
– Dress (still needs to be altered…this bee has a few pounds and inches to loose!)
– Rings (My honey insists that I wear it since we are married…)
– Bridesmaids dresses (only having 2 – I still cant believe that my baby will be my bridesmaid …she is 16)
– Flowers (in the process of ordering real touch flowers for the entire party
Things to Do:
– Grooms Attire (guys are easy….he is waiting until May)
– Bestman & Groomsman (again…they are waiting until May
– Shoes (I still do have shoes!!! Not certain of what will look best with my dress)
– Favors and/OOT Bags (I have began gathering stuff for our guests)
– Passport (for my daughter…we have ours)
– Jewelry (I saw some fab earring recently but I have a habit of changing my mind)
There are so many other things to do but here are a few that come to mind….but we have time….100 days!!!! I am so excited!!!!!
Ok Bees….any suggestions for intimate reception ideas for 20 or less people? We (well my honey) is not a dancer (I like to move-it, move-it!!)
I am not 100% certain if we should do an all out reception…or just an intimate dinner? Any ideas?