Post # 1
Sep 21, 2013 Bees, we have officially reached the 100 day mark!!!! After today, its double digits! Woo-hoo!!!!
What does everyone still have left to do? Our invitations are in production and we are starting on DIY projects and reception decor.
Post # 3
@SoonToBeMrsD921: I am sooooo excited!!!!!! I just looked at my countdown and woohoo!!!! We ordered our invitations last weekend.
I still have to:
Get my dress altered (its being altered now I pick it up next week)
Get my shoes in (I have ordered them)
buy table numbers
buy Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts
buy the seating chart and paper for it
buy an aisle runner
buy flower petals for the aisle
buy guest book and pen
Get my Veil fixed since im wearing my moms
buy the cake topper
photobooth props either buy or make
get wedding favors
schedule bridal portrait session
figure out some sort of unity thing for the ceremony
I think thats about it….I hope!
Post # 4
Crazy Crazy CRAZY!!
Things to do:
- Get Groom’s and GM’s Attire figured out
- purchase rings
- Invitations are expected to arrive at the end of the month, Mom and Future Mother-In-Law have volunteered thier CaligraphY Services and we plan to mail them out on 7/15
- Work on Ceremony – but will do that later with Coordinator and Pastor
- Select Ceremony Music
- Put together list of Play and Do Not Play songs for DJ
- Figure out other Stationary as well as how we plan to “Number” Tables at the reception
- Book Day Of transportation for Wedding Party
- Dress is scheduled to ship TOMORROW!!!! Soon as that bad boy comes in I plan to begin alterations right away and find a suitable sash / belt and veil – all of my other accessories are bought with the exception of Garter
- Figure out how I am going to wrap up Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts and get that out of the way
Other than that, besides getting our marriage license we are set to wed! I feel like most of what I listed above I could do in less than a day so I am not at all stressed. I plan on kicking my Fiance into gear after this weekend and taking him shopping for both Rings and Attire…
GAH! I am sooo excited! It hit me this morning that we will actually be married at all of our Holiday parties and Family gatherings this year… That makes me so happy
Post # 5
Woohooo!! 100 days!!!
I still have so much to do. My dress isn’t in yet, so I have to wait for it to come in before I can begin any alterations (I ordered it almost 10 months ago!!)
We’ve ordered our invitations, so I’m waiting for them to be ready to be picked up, stuffed and sent.
We still need to:
- choose Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts
- buy a hair piece and jewelery
- have my garter and ring bearer pillows made
- purchase our wedding rings
- schedule our food and cake tasting
- finalize reception decor
- decide on readings for the ceremony
- book our day of transportation for the wedding party and guests between the hotel and reception site
- choose grooms, GMs and RBs tuxes
Post # 6
I was just thinking today was 100 days!
I still need to:
- book hotel rooms for that weekend
- book rehearsal dinner space
- make sure GM/FI have suits taken care of
- order rings
- book (I have no idea) honeymoon
Those are the big things. Lots of smaller items. Need to actually figure out the ceremony too but I have that on my calendar for July/August. Received my invites a week ago and now waiting on my envelopes.
Post # 8
I need to…
- get my dress and get it altered
- Jack’s suit fitting
- Jack’s clothing accessories (cufflinks, tie pin etc)
- Choose flowers (can only see florist in July)
- make menus
- make drinks menu
- print out escort cards
- bridal party gifts
- learn first dance
- give music requests to DJ
- meet with church and discuss order of service
- get my hair extended!
- make-up trial
- get electrical equipment PAT tested
- sort out RSVPs
- table plan
- book restaurants for night before (one for my fam, one for his)
Sort of sounds like a lot, but it really isn’t! 🙂
Post # 9
Also, I think it’ll hit me more when I get to ’12 weeks’
Post # 10
I know, it’s SO EXCITING and SCARY at the same time!!
We still have quite a few small details to do, but I’m trying to take it by month!
Right now, we just finished designing our DIY invites and got our pocketfold envelopes in, so we are getting ready to mass print/stuff them!
Mom and I are working on finishing the centerpieces.
Table linens and dinnerware have been ordered.
I’m hunting for my jewelry & shoes.
I won’t be taking my dress to get it altered until late July. The place I use is super fast.
I’m scheduling out the bridal portrait session.
Met with my hair and MUA (a friend) to discuss how I want to look, we are scheduling a “play with hair and make-up day” and then an actual trial run when I get my portraits done.
There’s a ton more little details that I still need to take care of!
Post # 11
- Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club
It flys by fast… Enjoy it! It seems like yesterday I had my 100 day post! 🙂
Post # 12
@MissCountryGirl727: Exciting and Scary……..OMG yes lol I have moments of omg omg its so soon to omg omg omg not yet hahaha
I love how it seems we are all on the same page of stuff that still needs to be done or is in the process 🙂
Btw, I think the constant pre-weddingbickering phase has started between Fiance and I…we’ve had spats everyday for this week and we rarely ever fight or argue. We also just bought a house and are trying to move in by beginning of July so lots of stressers going on at once!
Post # 13
We’ve got our rings, got my dress, his party has been fitted, all but one bridesmaid has purchased her dress, we have a lot of DIY stuff done, bridesmaids/maid of honor gifts are purchased, invitations are done.. just waiting to send them out, honeymoon is booked, flight is booked, etc.
Now it’s time for more DIY stuff. We still also have to visit a rental company and start renting some linens and chairs! Are we supposed to do that before we know how many people are coming? I mean, I don’t want to wait too long and not be able to do it lol. I also need to get my dress altered. Other than that and our marriage license, we’re pretty much done. Oh and my Fiance still has yet to order gifts for his groomsmen/best man. We also need to still buy our parents thank you gifts.
Post # 14
@SoonToBeMrsD921: We haven’t experienced that phase yet. FI is very “go with the flow” nothing stresses him out…ever…drives me nuts sometimes!! LOL
Buying a house and moving soon is a big stressor! We are looking right now, but we haven’t found one yet. 🙁
I’m so glad everyone else seems to be pretty much at the same point in their planning as me, I was beginning to stress that I was way behind! LOL
Post # 15
- Wedding: September 2013 - Lake Anna Winery
Yayy!!! I can join this thread!! 99 days ladies!!!!
We’re a little behind because we moved up our date. So I’m trying not to stress out, but with our circumstances lately, it’s been hard not to!
As of right now, we need to:
– Get save the dates sent out like.. tomorrow
– Make the invitations to send out in late July/early August
– Fix up the barn
– Gather decorations
– Pick his outfit/wedding band
– Go to TN to buy our boots 😉
– Finish up ceremony music and reception playlist for DJ and band
– Get my bridals done
– Choose a hairstylist
– Buy my accessories, garter, and find a reception/after party outfit
– Figure out if we need portapotties (ew)
– Fiance needs to finish making the benches for the ceremony
– Figure out centerpieces and which seating we’re using for reception
I’m sure there’s more but that’s what I can think of off the top of my head!!
Post # 16
@SoonToBeMrsD921: OMG really! I don’t feel well lol