(Closed) 100% deposit normal?

posted 10 years ago in Money
Post # 16
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

If you are paying 100% now, does that mean that you have to give final numbers now also? or am i missing the whole “seperate caterer” step?

I would check how it works if they do go bankrupt, thats a lot of money to lose!

Post # 18
5117 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Did you ask the couple that used it and loved it what % of the total their deposit was? If it’s common for that venue to require a 100% deposit, I’d still ask for a list of other brides/grooms to call for recommendations (a lot of places have these lists, even our DJ did). If it turns out to be on the up and up, I’d make sure your contract is very thorough regarding the refund policy if the company were to back out, have a disaster, go bankrupt, etc. 

Post # 19
594 posts
Busy bee

Run the other way.

Post # 20
15210 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I havent heard of any place requiring a full deposit.  I’m having a ceremony and reception at the same place, they’re doing food and everything also (I guess this is considered all inclusive?).  The site and ceremony fee is 2200 combined, the minimum spending for food drinks is 10k, and they only required a 1k deposit, so less than 10%)  with payment in full I think a week before the event.

Post # 21
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I have never heard of such a thing. 

Post # 22
9050 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hmm.. that seems a little strange.  I also had an all inclusive venue and they required a $1500 deposit upon booking (which was the full cost of the rental of the ceremony and reception spaces, but didn’t make a dent in the catering costs).  90% of the projected cost for the catering was due 3 weeks prior to the event and the remiander due at the end of the wedding.

Perhaps yours is similar, your rental costs are just much higher?

The topic ‘100% deposit normal?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors