(Closed) $100 + for a veil??

posted 6 years ago in Accessories
Post # 2
2505 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
lpnelson504:  Have you considered making one? There are a lot of tutorials on Pinterest!!

I was going to make mine until my sister said I could use hers. Is there anyone else you can borrow from? *they say* it’s good luck 🙂

ETA: Otherwise maybe try Ebay? There have been groupons lately for wedding stuff as well.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by  MrsKriegerson.
Post # 3
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I know!  I was shocked when my veil was $150 but it was a cathedral veil.  It didn’t even have any crystals or lace on it.  Just straight up tulle.

Sorry – I just bent over and paid the money for it.  I didn’t research cheaper options.  Sorry I can’t be of help.

Post # 4
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Etsy!!

Post # 5
14492 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I made mine for around $4 plus the cost of the pins I bought to secure it. I didn’t want a comb. 

Post # 6
316 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

If you’re like me and don’t care where stuff comes from, shopgoodwill.com

Post # 7
5082 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2014

View original reply
lpnelson504:  They are so cheap to make. I made mine and it was probably only a couple bucks for the tulle and like $30 for the fancy comb that I used. If you used a regular comb or no comb, it’d be a couple bucks total. They’re so easy to make it’s crazy, just google it. There are even tutorials for adding beading or lace if you want that. 

Post # 9
491 posts
Helper bee

https://www.etsy.com/people/gothixxbyelena?ref=pr_profile I ordered my veil from this etsy shop! She has plenty of options and if you don’t see what you are looking for she will put together a custom order for you. And her prices are amazing! I ordered a fingertip veil and it was less than $20. 

Post # 10
211 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I ordered mine from JJ’s House, on the recommendation of another bee on this site.  Chapel length, 2 tier, satin trim, in ivory was $17 plus shipping (I got the express, which was $13).  So, $30 all told.  I just got notification that it shipped today, so I’ll let you know how I like it when I get it.

Post # 11
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

The veil I loved was ivory, finger tip length, with gold stitching and pearls along the edging.  It was so lovely, and matched perfectly with my dress and other accessories.  It was also $495.

At the end of the day I bought a veil I didn’t love as much, used for $35, and barely noticed.  Since I only wore it for the ceremony and some pictures, it really wasn’t a big deal.

The topic ‘$100 + for a veil??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors