(Closed) 100% Guest list inflation

posted 6 years ago in Family
Post # 3
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

just because you invite people doesnt mean they will come.. out of 270. 150 showed to mine. do sheet cakes for your guests and a simple two tier cake for you to slice. pick flowers that r inseason and affordable.  do lots of diy things if you r crafty. (use micheals coupons joanns couplons hobby lobby. ask caterer for cheaper cuts of meats.( we saved 5 dollars a head for flank steak then the tri tip steak)

Post # 4
478 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I had the same issue with my Mother-In-Law. She wanted to invite people I’d never met and my Darling Husband couldn’t even tell me who they were. The venue we chose only fit 160 people so she took it upon herself to look up other location venues the held more people. Also she determined her list depending on how good of a gift people would give us. Wtf. Eventually we had to put our foot down and let her know what was up. (DH had to have a talk with her) It’s YOUR wedding, it’s about you and your Fiance so you should have control over your guest list. If you don’t want to invite people you don’t know, then don’t! Do you really want to eat crappy food at your wedding and have to figure out other ways to cut costs? Probably not. Should you be forced to because your Future Mother-In-Law wants to invite everyone she’s ever met? No way!! Good luck!

Post # 5
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Are you guys paying for the wedding or are his parents? If it’s you, you have every right to make them cut down the list (though putting a cap on it in the first place would have helped, but hindsight is 20/20). Tell them straight up that you cannot afford that many people, especially people that you don’t even know. If they’re paying for it, nothing you can do.

Post # 6
46326 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Decide your budget first- no matter who is paying or contributing. Then make all other decisions aound the set budget.

The topic ‘100% Guest list inflation’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors