(Closed) 100 person wedding – ideas to make it more fun?

posted 3 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
2134 posts
Buzzing bee

We had glow sticks (necklaces)… They were a hit with everyone, young and old. Ordered them from Party City.

Post # 3
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2016 - Old Lake County Courthouse

I had a Sunday wedding with 125 people. We did the introductions, cut the cake, had our first dance, did the father of the bride speech, Maid/Matron of Honor speech, Bestman speech, my sorority serenaded me, did bouquet toss, and garter toss. Time flew by and everyone commented on how they were entertained without the extra fluff. 

Post # 4
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

If you’re worried about floating in such a big room, look into banquet-style tables. We wanted this for ours but couldn’t make it work with our space. 

I personally wouldn’t worry about adding plenty of activities… guests like to eat, drink, dance and socialize. Wedding receptions are over so quickly after all the serving of meals, speeches etc is done. 

Post # 5
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Seat 6-8 on traditional rounds, set up a photo booth, and if all else fails, make the dancefloor bigger!!

Post # 6
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

The shoe game is always cute and entertaining and an anniversary dance is sweet.

Post # 7
5864 posts
Bee Keeper

We had a limbo contest in the middle of the dance floor ($2 for a plastic faux-bamboo pole at Dollarama)

We also had a backdrop set up for people to take their own pics

TBH I wish I’d thought up a few ice breakers to get people mingling more 

Post # 8
2494 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Selfie station is a good idea! You could have props and stuff. We had glow necklaces passed out late in the night, everyone had one! Also we passed out cookies while everyone was dancing, you could have a “midnight snack”. We had the dancing area, then also a patio outside with tables and chairs so people could relax and talk and mingle. Honestly, if you have a good DJ, you don’t need a bunch of other activities… people just want to dance and socialize!

Post # 12
583 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Our venue could seat up to 200, and we only had 80.. it looked fine! We just had a sit down dinner, then music playlist in the evening, no other entertainment/tossing anything, sounds like everyone had a good time.

Post # 13
227 posts
Helper bee

Personally I think you’re overthinking it – it’s a wedding – your key ingredients are the couple, some kind of ceremony, food, drink and music. The entertainment takes care of itself.

I’ve been to a couple of weddings where the evening was puncuated by game and things and while they were fun, they did interrupt the evening a bit.

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2016

There were 130 people in my friend’s wedding. In that, we had cut the cake, dance and we have also organized a fashion show of the people who were there at the wedding. That was the highlight of the wedding. But I think in selecting the wedding hall, we should check the safe services so that we can protect our valuable things, therefore a safe should be there. At her wedding, she had the good quality safe, you can [url=http://www.a-1locksafe.com/]check out here[/url].

Post # 14
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

We didn’t do garter or bouquet toss either – good food, good music, good people … the fun will take care of itself! 

The topic ‘100 person wedding – ideas to make it more fun?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors