(Closed) 100 Push-Up Challenge… Anyone actually finish?

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
  • poll: Which best describes your 100 push-up challenge experience?
    I did it, and I made it to 100! : (1 votes)
    8 %
    I tried to get through it, but 100 push-ups was just too much! : (2 votes)
    15 %
    I'm doing it right now, and I think I can do it! : (2 votes)
    15 %
    I'm doing it right now, and it's not looking good! : (4 votes)
    31 %
    What's a 100 push-up challenge? : (4 votes)
    31 %
  • Post # 3
    818 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2010

I got to week 3 and then got sick and stopped, so if I continue, I’ll have to start all over again. I think I did weeks 2 and 3 twice each.

Post # 4
    3979 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

I can get to about 30 but then I can’t push myself back up! What a good challenge though… I’m going to work to get to 100 a day so I can have smokin’ arms for my dress 🙂

I also use a band to work on my arms/shoulders/chest. There are tons of band programs available & man do they work. The resistance is killer & in 2 months I’ve seen a great improvement with toning.

Bands won’t give you bulging guns, just a slimmer, firmer looking arm! 🙂

Keep pushing ladies! 

Post # 5
    14183 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

Uck, I used to be able to do a bunch of push ups when I was in ROTC. I now officially HATE them!

I find planks to be really good. Not only do I slim up my arms (and i tend to get shoulder bulk when i do push ups, NOT pretty on me), but it’s good for my core too. I just go longer and longer and longer. A whole commercial break is my goal  

Post # 6
    127 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2018

I did it! I was so surprised because I consider myself fairly weak, especially upper body. I had to do week 4 a couple times and week 5 probably four times, but now I can do 100. I showed my fiance and he was so impressed he took me out to celebrate.

Post # 7
    2022 posts
    Buzzing bee

I am curious about the results – ie did you notice major changes to the look of your arms?!  I am about to start.

Post # 8
    1042 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

@ RecessionistaBride- where do you purchase bands?

Post # 9
    700 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I’ve just started, and it’s rocky and slow going, but it’s going…

Post # 10
    74 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

I did up to week 3 and it was pretty hard.  I just stopped doing it cause I just forgot plus been busy with stuff. I’ve been doing push ups for about year, on and off and I get good results right away. Even right now when I’m not doing them, my arms still look good.  I’ll probably try again when I’m not so busy.  100 is a lot!!

Post # 12
    360 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2009 - Westwind YWCA camp

Wow, congrats, Crash!!  That’s so amazing!!

I’m still on week 2 😉 

Post # 13
    3979 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

@Miss Burgundy: I believe you can get a resistance band at any major retailer like target, walmart, etc in the sports section. There are different colors w/ different resistance- I’d suggest a medium resistance for some sleek results. Also make sure you get a band that has handles you can grip!! There are a lot of pilates resistance bands floating around & they are not good if you’re working on upper body exercises!

I travel a lot & I use my band during layovers… if anyone ever see’s a crazy brunette doing lunges up & down the lounge w/ a resistance band give me a wave! lol oh and I once brought a 5lb kettle ball in my carry-on, boy did the security guards have fun with me :S

The topic ‘100 Push-Up Challenge… Anyone actually finish?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors