(Closed) 100 push up challenge

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I didn’t know about this, I’m pretty new around here. Where did the post begin? I’d love to take on this challenge! I work out now, but the most push ups I can do (no knees) is ten! Ugh, ten years ago I could do about 60 in a row! (I was in the USMC too though) How many did you start off with? How do you train for it? Is there a routine you guys are following?

Post # 4
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

I did the first few days but couldn’t continue because I have a really weak wrist from an injury. I do my own program of "girl" pushups though on my knuckles, and I have definitely noticed a difference! I do 50 each time I work out about 5 days a week. (2 sets of 25) and I feel it’s a good workout for the arms. I also do some weight lifting. Try the challenge though – it’s probably worth it! I had to work up to the 50 per workout, and yeah, I was sore at the beginning.  

Post # 5
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I just started it this week (it was my New Year’s resolution, ha ha).  But my fiance is really into fitness and goes to the gym all the time, and he discouraged me slightly because my form isn’t good.  He’s worried that I’m going to injure myself and he thinks I should work on getting a stronger core before I attempt to do good-form push-ups.  Sigh.  All I want is for my arms to look amazing in my wedding dress 😉

Post # 6
217 posts
Helper bee

I started the program about 4 weeks ago, and I wasn’t able to do more than 6 when i started, and I’m fairly certain that if i really, really, really tried, I could do the full 100 (I haven’t given it a go yet.)

I will say, the first week almost killed me. My arms were NOT thanking me, and i thought that i had seriously hurt something!

Post # 7
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I’m on week two and can already tell the difference.  I was working with weights as well before I started but I couldn’t lift my arms after the second day.  It gets better after the first week.  They also have a two hundred sit up challenge I’m thinking about doing.  Has anyone done that?

Post # 8
398 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

I started this week…I am a weakling (11 pushups), but haven’t felt too much pain to be honest with you, a bit sore, but you can give up on it.  I am excited to see if I can do 100 in 5 more weeks 🙂

Good Luck, its definitely worth it because I am sure you will be able to do more than what you started with in 6 weeks!

Post # 9
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I started it last week and I feel like I can already feel a difference- my arms were pretty sore in the beginning, but I kind of like it- a reminder I am doing something good for myself!  I’ve also resolved to walk the staircases in the garage next to my office during lunch- it is 8 flights, so I go up 8, down 7, up 7, down 6, up 6, down 5 etc…. – I think it has been good for me to get my heart going in the middle of the day, and it doesn’t take more than 15-20 mins.

Let’s all keep at it!  Maybe we can keep updating in this thread?

Post # 10
225 posts
Helper bee

I started it a week ago and (so embarrassing) couldn’t even do a pushup – so I am doing modified ones (from the knees) for a couple weeks and am then going to have another stab at the real ones.  My honey is doing it too and it’s great because we can monitor eachother for correct form, etc.

For those who don’t know, the website is hundredpushups.com

Post # 11
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2018

i just finished week three of the pushups, after being inspired by seeing it here. it’s funny, my arms have yet to really feel sore, but i have definitely gotten stronger. i started at 9 and now my max is 34…so i guess if i can keep progressing like that i’ll get to a hundred eventually. i also just started doing the two hundred situps…they seem easier. i alternate sets of pushups and situps, it’s a good workout!

Post # 12
275 posts
Helper bee

I started this, but never finished.  I plan to start it up again.  It really does work.  My arms were terribly sore the first week.  I think I pulled an ab muscle at some point too b/c I had to take a few weeks off.  I never realized that push ups work our abs too!

Post # 13
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I was also curious about this, i wonder if anybody out there finished the challenge. I didnt know about the situps though. I’m thinking about giving both a try. Maybe we should start a little thread where we all come back and report back and encourage each other!

Post # 14
18 posts
Newbee

I am going to start this! I could only do 6 push ups…so I’m hoping this really works! I would love everyone to keep updating with their progress!

Post # 15
184 posts
Blushing bee

no i didnt know there was a chang.  but i will start now

Post # 16
30 posts
Newbee

I am on week 2 and can definitely feel a difference.  My ab muscles were also really sore after the first week.  What is the two hundred situps?  Is there another challenge?  

The topic ‘100 push up challenge’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors