(Closed) 100% Yes RSVPs…O.M.G. I need some puppy pictures or something.

posted 6 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
4693 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Oh my gosh. No advice but I can help with puppy or kitty pictures!

Post # 4
5668 posts
Bee Keeper

Breathe. $3000 is a lot of money but it’s not the end of the world. Is there anything left in your budget to put toward this? Would parents on either side be willing to chip in at all?

Post # 6
12974 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

People love you!  that’s all you can really say – they want to be with you to celebrate your wedding!

Unfortunately, it’s the nature of the beast when you invite more than your really intended.m

Post # 7
3182 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Wow that’s pretty unusual!  You still might have some people back out at the last minute, so maybe you won’t have to spend the whole $3000?

Post # 8
3175 posts
Sugar bee

Can you see if you can work out a deal with the venue (or whomever’s charging you the extra money)? Of course they wouldn’t be obligated to accomodate it, but no harm in simply saying asking.

Post # 9
5668 posts
Bee Keeper

@MrsLulu:  I’m pretty surprised that out of 130 people 100% RSVPed yes. That is crazy odds. Natalieh86 is right, some may back out last minute, but good for you being prepared with your last minute fund! Calling the venue is a great idea, fingers crossed they work with you.

Post # 11
3175 posts
Sugar bee

@MrsLulu:  Or maybe they’ll suggest other non-essentials you can cut to help offset the costs. I hope it works out for you!!

Post # 12
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

wow, that’s a lot of $$.  why do you have to pay for an overage?  dinner is $300/head??  that’s steep.

here’s your puppy…

Post # 13
1088 posts
Bumble bee

Breathe.

My grandmother orchestrated many formal events in her day, and she always said to underestimate the number of attendees once people have replied.

There will inevitably be a few people who RSVP “yes” that will not show. . .or so my grandmother used to say. 

Post # 14
2067 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I had more than 10 people not show up to my wedding who did RSVP yes… So there’s hope! 🙂

Post # 15
Hostess
11167 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Does your venue allow for last minute add ons? Like 48 hours before the event?

My venue allowed for added people but I couldn’t decrease the number of adults once I confirmed. My wedding planner advised that I cut the number by about 10 people to accommodate those last minute no’s. In the end it worked out perfect as I had 8 people back out so I added 2 adults at the 48 hour limit.

I would perhaps stick with the 120 adult number until absolutely necessary and right before your event.

Post # 16
1318 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Here’s my ole boy Squeakers and my Miss Rayne when she was tiny!!! Hope that helps ^_^

The topic ‘100% Yes RSVPs…O.M.G. I need some puppy pictures or something.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors