(Closed) $1000 NYC Honeymoon budget realistic?

posted 11 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 17
640 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

Don’t forget, you’ll need a passport to get into Canada! 

And it’s an 8 hour drive from NYC to Buffalo/Niagara Falls! 

Post # 18
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Park the car and take the subway! It’s the only way to truly enjoy NYC and is the easiest way to commute during the week, weekends are a whole other story.

For places to stay it will be tough because Manhattan is expensive, but look for smaller chains and you may get lucky. Also Brooklyn has a great Mariott right across the Brooklyn Bridge which is cheaper than the ones in Manhattan, there are also Hostels in the city, which should be really cheap.

Post # 20
27 posts
Newbee

If you stay in Niagara Canada you could stay at Michael’s Inn. It s alittle dated, but clean, nice, and affordable! And is right at the falls…We stayed their for my stagette

Post # 21
1150 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

When I went to NYC last year we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Newark. It was pretty nice (inside lol) and they had a shuttle that drove you to the train station whenever you called down to ask. If you were coming back to the hotel you’d just call them when you got off the train and they’d zip over to pick you up. It’s SUPER close to the station, which is why we picked it. I think it was only 100 or so a night with free breakfast, pool, and access to their gym. And free parking. The shuttle itself was worth it!

http://www.hamptoninnandsuitesnewark.com/

Depending on how long you want to stay and how much money you want to spend on food and activities (we didn’t spend much, just did a lot of window shopping and seeing sights) I think it’s definitely do-able. You just have to get pretty creative because staying in NYC and doing the typical touristy things can be kind of pricey.

The topic ‘$1000 NYC Honeymoon budget realistic?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors