(Closed) 1000 paper cranes made of PAPER Doilies. Thoughts

posted 6 years ago in Ceremony
  • poll: Paper cranes made of paper doilies. Thoughts?
    Yes! It'd match your style and would look beautiful : (2 votes)
    25 %
    No! It'd look tacky : (0 votes)
    IDK! You'd have to make some first / Can't tell : (6 votes)
    75 %
  • Post # 3
    46376 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I think you should try a sample and see if the doily can be used in the same way as origami paper.

Post # 4
    9056 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

@Promessa:  I’d see I’d you can pick up a couple pieces to try before you start. I’ve done the 1000 paper cranes before and used to do them with pieces of paper as small as gum wrappers instead of doodling in highschool.  

As far as difficulty goes I could see it being challenging if little edges stick up or rip and you can’t get a nice clean edge. Also, because there’s so many layers in most part the delicate Lacey look might be a bit wasted.  But try it and see!

Post # 5
    3639 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

I say try it and see. Not because I think it would look bad but because I’m not sure how easy it would be to do it with dollies. Have you had a quick look on the internet to see you can buy “lace” origami paper?

I love the idea in essence I think you just need to do a test run first.

Post # 6
    4676 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I would look into lace printed scrapbook paper if the doilies don’t work.  I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it at Micheals or JoAnnes.    

Post # 7
    1114 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I wonder whether the doilies would hold their fom very well, and whether the pattern would be lost within the layers.  But it’s definitely worth a try if you can buy a couple of doilies to experiment with first, or have something else you can use them for if the cranes don’t work out.

ETA You’ll have to let us know how it goes!

Post # 8
    3639 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

As @clumsylawyer:  said, please update us once you’ve tried it, with photos too please!  I’m really curious to know how it will look/work out. 

The topic ‘1000 paper cranes made of PAPER Doilies. Thoughts’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors