(Closed) 1000$ to have a limo for 4 hours – worth it??

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Do you regret spending so much on the limo?
    Yes : (6 votes)
    22 %
    No : (17 votes)
    63 %
    Other : (4 votes)
    15 %
  • Post # 3
    4099 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I didn’t rent a limo for my wedding day.. But looking at it from my perspective: Most of that 4 hours, the limo is parked

Post # 4
    3625 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

It’s subjective as to whether it’s worth it or not. If you can afford it, then sure, it’s worth it. However, if you aren’t really into the who “Wow, it’s a limo!” experience, then maybe the $1k is worth putting towards something else more meaningful.

FWIW, Darling Husband and I didn’t have a strict budget but neither of us felt that a limo was a worthy splurge, especially since we both have nicer, luxury cars and we didn’t do a grant exit. So even though we could have afforded it easily, it just didn’t seem worth it for us because neither one of us are into the whole limo experience.

We were also staying at a hotel that was like a quarter-mile (if that) away from the venue and neither of us drank much more than one alcoholic drink so driving inebriated was not a problem.

Post # 5
    3569 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I kind of annoyed for how much we paid for cars, in addition to our trolleys. I personally don’t think they are worth it unless the whole bridal party is using it. However I’m not getting limos just old classic cars and trolleys,  in order to not make my head exploded I decide to let my Fi handle that lol!

Post # 7
    613 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

If you can afford it, then by all means I say go for it.

We aren’t getting a limo because our ceremony and reception is all at one place. I contemplated on renting one for a few hours just to get the girls and I to the venue, but it was just not worth it in the end. Instead, we are going to carpool and get ready right at the venue in the upstairs suite. 

Post # 8
    445 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Wow our limo is only going to be $365, not including tip. I wouldn’t spend over $500, but that’s me.

Post # 9
    532 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Depending on how many people the limo is for, that’s really pricy. 

We’re getting two white 10-passengar limos for  $350 for 3 1/2 hours, and that includes an additional 1/2 hour before and 1/2 hour after as courtesy waiting time. We are using it to go from our get-ready locations to photo locations, photo location to venue.

We also got a town car to take FH and I from the reception back to our apartment for $70 for a one-hour drive.

So for $770, we got two limos and a town car, gratuity included. 

Post # 10
    547 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Are you renting a stretch hummer and travelling 100 miles? If not, $1000 seems a little pricey. My 12 person limo is $500 for 3 hours.

Post # 11
    324 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@Mint2Bee:  I can’t really say that I’ll regret it because our limo will be an SUV limo, and for like 4 hours it will only be $400. I think $1,000 is quite pricy but that just might be depending on where your wedding is located.

Post # 12
    4429 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

@Mint2Bee:  wow that’s expensive we got a quote for 275.00 for 3 hours including tip plus complimentary bottle of champagne and complimentary red carpet service for when i exit the limo at the venue. have you checked around? that price ie pretty high.  i dont know where you live but heres the link

http://www.hhlimo.com/

The topic ‘1000$ to have a limo for 4 hours – worth it??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors