(Closed) 10000 apples

posted 9 years ago in Food
Post # 3
4567 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Make applesauce! Seriously, it’s not hard. Just peel your apples and cube them, throw them in a huge stockpot with some water and add brown sugar and cinnamon to taste… they’ll get really soft and while they’re cooking, use a potato masher to break them up. It’s easy, and it tastes AMAZING. Plus it freezes well (but it’s AMAZING warm. My friend brought me some straight from the stove and I ate the whole thing in 5 minutes).

Post # 5
681 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

Or apple butter. I think you can make it in a Crock Pot too.

Post # 6
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

Ooooh KM – that does sound good. My mom makes apple sauce but she uses a food mill and it always looks like such hard work.

I peel & slice em up, add some sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg & raisins if you want & throw them in the bottom of a pie plate, dutch oven or a brownie pan or whatever to bake them.

Then throw some flour, oatmeal, butter, sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon into a bowl & mush it together with your hands till it’s all crumbly. Throw it on top of the apples & bake it for 30-45m. It tastes incredible & people will think you’re a genius.

I usually do a handful or so of each thing but check out barefoot contessa’s recipe if you wan exact measurements for the topping: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/apple-and-pear-crisp-recipe/index.html

Post # 7
1207 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Mmmm apples.  Make apple crisp!  It’s not really pie, more like applesauce in yummy goodness!

Here’s a great recipe:

southernfood.about.com/od/applecrisps/r/bl11014d.htm

Post # 8
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

applesauce all the way…we had like 30 lbs. of apples and it all boiled down to a managable amount of applesauce 🙂

Post # 10
1207 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Oh, do you can?  Or have any canning equipment?  My mom cans EVERYTHING, so she makes a bunch of applesauce and cans it all.  She does the same with apple pie filling, veggies, etc.  She does sliced peaches too, not sure if you could can sliced apples or not, but it’s a thought!

Post # 11
636 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Here’s a page I found with info about canning your own homemade apple pie filling, as otb mentioned: http://www.pickyourown.org/applepiefilling.htm

That’d be a great idea for gifts! Put a cute ribbon on the top with a card with instructions/ingredients and there ya go!

The topic ‘10000 apples’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors