(Closed) 10/01/11 – 5 months to go…HELP!

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I can’t believe we are at five months!  I feel a little behind the eight ball too…  

We need to figure out our honey moon, buy gifts for our bridesmaids/groomsmen (trying to hit up sales), put together our dj list, and pick a date to mail invites.  We are not very DIY- so we dont have a ton of projects.  Also we are working on our registries…  Hope that helps!  Oh, and I guess we should pick out wedding bands soon, and get a marriage license too 🙂

Post # 4
139 posts
Blushing bee

Also a 10-1 twin!  Did you guys try the theknot.com checklist?  That’s what I use to keep me on track!  We have invites already and I’m just addressing then 10 at a time. We sent out save the dates, have wedding bands and out outfits, just got engagement photos taken today and already met with minister for pre-marital counseling.  Yay!

Post # 5
1613 posts
Bumble bee

5 months!!! Eek!  We still need to do flowers, figure out centerpieces (thinking leaves/willow treek branches, so won’t be able to do them til closer to the wedding), other decor, order invites, order our wedding bands, and get gifts for the bridal party.  I feel like there is a lot that goes into decor, down to the cake topper!

Post # 6
489 posts
Helper bee

I hit a lull too. I feel good about what I have set up, there is just the decor for the reception that is driving me nuts. not sure what I want to do for centerpieces. i also am having my reception in a church hall, so there will be a lot of decorating needed. I just have no idea sometimes. I don’t want people going in there and thinking, ugh, what was this girl thinking? hahaha. i stress to have everything perfect and then it drives me nuts. Still keep looking for ideas that me and Fiance like and try not to obsess…

Post # 7
395 posts
Helper bee

Im in a HUGE lull! Eekkkk Im so excited though! 😀 Congrats to my Month Twins!

Post # 8
629 posts
Busy bee

Yayyyy to my fellow twins!!!  I use the knot’s wedding checklist, too…it was super helpful to me!  My goals for this month are to book the honeymoon, sit down with the florist and talk about some details, and fart around with decor a bit.  Other than that…the venue is already booked, photographer is booked, salon is booked, maids dresses are purchased, my dress is hanging in the closet at home (need to schedule fittings though), DJ is booked, officiant is on board…we basically have all of the “biggies” done and now it’s time for the fun stuff.  Smile

Post # 9
139 posts
Blushing bee

OMG!  I went to Hobby Lobby to “look at decor” that I had seen on google pics while searching fall wedding decor….and everything was 1/2 off!  So…I bought it all!  Just like that!  I just need 9 more vases and I’m set!  Yippeeee!

The topic ‘10/01/11 – 5 months to go…HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors