(Closed) $100pp for 220 people?

posted 6 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@MrsJenBee:  The Manor in West Orange NJ has saturdays at under 100 pp as long as its not summer, late spring or early fall. And in the summer you can get Friday or Sunday at pretty close to 100 pp. The room we booked has a capacity of 200 people, but you can rent multiple rooms if you want something larger (I think, I didn’t listen very closely to that part of the tour because we knew we wanted closer to 150). You can PM if you want to know more about them. I’m not married yet (August 17th 2013), but I have talked with them a lot and we have their contract so I can answer most of your questions.

Post # 4
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

expensive!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 5
1548 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

You could probably find somewhere if you decide on a Friday or Sunday, I doubt you’ll have many options for a Saturday night. 

Post # 6
1381 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

My sister’s friends got married at Liberty Warehouse in BK.   Looks nice! I think it’s decently priced.  Also, these places in NJ were about $100pp… The Elan, The Royal Manor, Nanina’s in the Park (for daytime wedding), The Manor, Highlawn Pavilion in off-peak seasons, Mayfair Farms…

Post # 7
1381 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

ooh, and one of the best weddings I’ve ever been to was at the Bethwood in Totowa, NJ!

Post # 9
587 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@romantical:  Liberty Warehouse is nice but it’s closer to $200 pp unfortunately. But minimal site fees!

Post # 10
2692 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

WOW… is it really that expensive to get married in NYC where 100 pp is unheard of?  I wish you luck.  I just calculated how much pp my venue and the catering is costing us and it’s less than $13.  

Post # 11
4352 posts
Honey bee

@MrsJenBee:  Yay venue twins! Which room are you using?

@bridalprincess:  Its not unheard of, unless you want formal and good food. I can’t really speak for NY but I looked into a lot of venues in northern NJ. We went with The Manor because it was a really good value ($110 pp on a saturday in August). When we thought our budget was lower we were looking at a place that was closer to 50pp (though it didn’t include everything and I suspect it would have ended up higher by the time we rented linens ect). What I love about The Manor is that your money per person is covering cocktail hour, dinner, tables, chairs, linens, cake and open bar. You can find other places that are less, but then they don’t include the tables, chairs, cake and open bar. And once you pay for all of that stuff you’re back up at 100 per person if not higher.

Post # 12
6741 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

@bridalprincess:  $100/pp IS CHEAP in NY!  If you want a Saturday night during wedding season, you’re looking at $125pp and up!  I mean, it includes an open bar, cocktail hour and a 4-hour reception with a full 5-course meal, tables, chairs, linens, etc.  But, if you want to go cheaper, you’re going to have to be creative with your venue – like do a restaurant, a vineyard, etc. 

ETA:  That’s why the average wedding in the country is like $27k and the average wedding in NY is $45k+…

Post # 14
4352 posts
Honey bee

@MrsJenBee:  Thats the pink room right? I thought it was really pretty but it was too pink for Fiance :/. Are they able to accommodate 220 people like you wanted?

Post # 16
4352 posts
Honey bee

@MrsJenBee:  There are pink accents on the walls. Fiance nicknamed all of the rooms so he might have exaggerated a tad lol.

The topic ‘$100pp for 220 people?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors