(Closed) 100th post.. just curious!

posted 5 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 3
3170 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

The one thing I hated was the wait between ceremony and reception, they took forever to take their pictures. We were all so hungry!

The thing I really liked was at the ceremony they dismissed rows so they got a chance to see everyone and say hello. It was cool to get to talk to them real quick after the ceremony.

Post # 4
Hostess
8147 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@nl:  music SO LOUD you can’t talk was a pet peeve of mine.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I LOVED the special ceremony quirks people do. unity candles, special prayer/poem.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
817 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

The last wedding I attended had too many readings. I get that the couple want to make a special place in their ceremony for loved ones, but when the readings are longer then a movie, it’s time to go ๐Ÿ™

Post # 6
545 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I went to a wedding that did the shoe game, I had never seen it before. I thought it was really cute and because of that we added it to our ceremony

Post # 7
3766 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@nl:  Went to a wedding two years ago that had a grand march. I had never been a part of one, and it was so fun!

I went to a small wedding, about 50 guests, and it was a little disorganized. None of that mattered to me until the champagne toast when no one offered to pass out flutes and the bride started doing it herself. Fiance and I saw this and immediately stepped forward to pass them out, and I shot plenty of looks at her bridal party who were all just standing around. We didn’t even really know the couple that well, Fiance works with the groom, but we felt horrible that the bride was serving champagne for her own toast!

Post # 8
2065 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

If you’re holding an outdoor wedding in late November, make sure there are freaking heaters or fire pits or SOMETHING. And lights. The guests ended up eating outside in the dark and the food was incredibly cold from sitting outside during the quick ceremony. We didn’t stay at that wedding very long after dinner. Sigh.

Post # 9
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I first had fettucini alfredo at a wedding. That was nearly 20 years ago but it was the first time I ever had it, and it was great!

Worst thing was a cousins wedding and the lack of communication. We missed the rehearsal dinner and several family reunion after wedding events. No one mentioned there were other events until we had booked our plane tickets and finalized work schedules and then couldn’t attend.

Post # 13
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

My least favorite part of a wedding is when people have 800 million songs or readings during the ceremony.

My favorite thing anyone has done: my very close friends had a cake on every table. But then again, my favorite part of any wedding is the cake ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 15
7416 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Not getting a thank you note for gift that was sent prior to the wedding. I know it wasn’t “lost” in the mail because no one in our group that gifted the couple, has received one. To this day it irks me. And I hate long breaks between ceremony and reception, but I’m aware that there maybe times where its necessary.

Post # 16
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - B&B

The wedding I went to in October, they had a beautiful ceremony in her home town church, which was decorated SO amazingly. And for the unity candle, her aunt and (I believe) her uncle got up and sang “Im gonna love you” by keith urban. They started to walk up to the mike and music started playing and I was like “oh no… family members singing…” but they were SO GOOD. It was beautiful. I cried lol.

The topic ‘100th post.. just curious!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors