(Closed) 10/10 Brides..when are you doing your showers/bridal luncheons?

posted 8 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m a 10/23 not 10/10 bride but, my bridal shower will be in the middle of August. I have family coming in from out of town so the best time for them was over the summer.

Post # 5
937 posts
Busy bee

I’m not having anything *sad face* lol my own fault really… we’re getting married secretly so having a shower would only bring up questions like “have you got your dress yet? what are you doing” LOL

Post # 6
294 posts
Helper bee

My mom and sister are throwing me a bridal shower in Newport Beach. The theme is nautical. They’re expecting about 40 women to go, mostly family as I wanted to keep it as small as possible Laughing

Post # 7
61 posts
Worker bee

I’m pretty sure we’re looking at the end of august for my shower, and the beginning of september for the bachelorette. The shower is going to be hello kitty themed πŸ™‚

Post # 9
26 posts
Newbee

My wedding is in Las Vegas 10-09-10! I have talked it over and not sure what goes first the shower, or the bachlorette. But would have to be End of August and the bachlorette would be local (in fl) in Sept a couple weeks before we go to LV.  As for the bridal shower going to have a “we are getting married ” party and inviting people from our local area who werent invited to the wedding and/or cant make it out there.

Post # 10
351 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

My mom just booked my bridal shower for August 7. It’s going to be a brunch party for probably around 35-40 people. I plan on having my other bridal shower/bachelorette party with my girl friends sometime near the end of the summer as well.

Post # 11
258 posts
Helper bee

My bridesmaids just set a date for July 31st. There a few babies being born in late August, so we wanted to work around their showers and deliveries πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

I have noooo idea what the theme or plan is except that it will be a combined bridal shower/Bachelorette party so that people do not have to travel too much. 

Post # 12
7173 posts
Busy Beekeeper

My pals set the date for a bridal shower on August 21st.  It’s honestly a little later than I wanted it to be – I think late July would be ideal…  We are also doing a girls night the weekend before the wedding.  I can’t believe all these events will be here SO SOON!!!

As for shower invitees – close female friends and significant family friends/family – and definitely Future Mother-In-Law and FSIL’s.

Post # 13
131 posts
Blushing bee

My wedding is on October 2.  I have a HUGE family, so I am having 2 showers – one on July 31, and one on August 14.  The bachelorette party is September 18.  I think it’s good timing, at least for me πŸ™‚  My bigger shower will have about 30 women invited, and my bachelorette will be about the same, although I don’t think everyone will come to the bachelorette.  I have no idea how this works, really — good thing my sister/MOH is so organized!

Post # 14
8 posts
Newbee

I want to have an Italian themed bridal shower. I don’t know that it will work out but that is what my MoH and I are thinking about. My fiance’s cousin is a sommelier and I have asked him about wine and food pairings for it. My personal favorite is moscato so that WILL be served!!

Post # 15
8 posts
Newbee

Oh and as far as when…. I think it was suggested to be in September. I can’t remember I’m so caught up in STILL trying to get everyone’s addresses!! The wedding is Oct 16th this year and I’m already feeling panic set in!!

Post # 16
289 posts
Helper bee

im a 10-10-10 bride and we’re doing a joint shower-engagement party bbq type thing on August 21 for our 2 yr anniversary =]

our budget is tiny dress reception food cake included? its maybe $10 grand if that.

luckily i know our dj from high school and were getting a STEAL of a deal.

only thing i havent done is flowers.

The topic ‘10/10 Brides..when are you doing your showers/bridal luncheons?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors