(Closed) 10.20.12 Bees – when are you mailing out invites?

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

We are mailing ours early August because we have TONS of Out of Town guests and we want to give them plenty of time to book their flights and all. They have received their save the dates already so they have a heads up and all.

Post # 4
2239 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

This reminds me I need to figure out when my final count is due.  My wedding is October 7th so I need to get a move on invitations lol.  Ahhhh

I think your date should be fine for RSVPs.  It gives you a few days in between the final deadline to contact stragglers!  

Post # 5
13 posts
Newbee

Your plan sounds quite reasonable. Since half of our guestlist is in the UK, I plan to mail the UK invites in early July and the US invites in early to mid-August with a similar RSVP date (either 9/22 or 9/29 – haven’t cemented those things yet). 

Post # 6
3772 posts
Honey bee

Pretty much all of my guests are Out of Town… so we’re mailing them out July with a Sept. 1 RSVP date. 

Post # 7
1253 posts
Bumble bee

I plan on sending out my invites for our out of town guest in June and my local guest in July. 

Post # 8
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012 - Watch tower lodge, Black hawk state Park Rock Island, IL

im thinking im gonna mail mine in june because we have lots of Out of Town guests, and with our wedding on a friday ( 10/05/12) they have to be able to take off work….

Post # 9
201 posts
Helper bee

We have all out-of-town guests as it’s sort of a destination wedding, so we’re sending them out in July with a Sept 15 response deadline.  

Post # 10
451 posts
Helper bee

We just ordered ours this weekend.  We put a RSVP date of 9/15 and will probably mail them out at the end of July.  It’s a somewhat destination/ out of town wedding.

Post # 11
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012 - Watch tower lodge, Black hawk state Park Rock Island, IL

yeah i didnt wait lol. they were done and stamped and just sitting there and between the kids and the cats i didnt want them ruined so i mailed them….

Post # 12
470 posts
Helper bee

i’m a 10/22/12 bride and I was planning on sending mine end of Jult begining of August  with an RSVP for Sept 1rst through Sep 30th

Post # 13
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I am sending ours out mid August with a RSVP due date of 9/22

Post # 14
482 posts
Helper bee

end of july, RSVP date is september 15th.

Post # 15
51 posts
Worker bee

MIddle-ish of July, respond date is August 24th. It’s a tiny bit early, but we both have weddings we’re in in September (and most of our guests are either going to one, or aware of both), so we need to be a bit on the earlier side. 

Post # 16
1566 posts
Bumble bee

i was just thinking about this….we have no out of town guests so we will probably send out invites the begining of Sept with RSVP’s due at the end of Sept.  I am hoping to order them this week!

The topic ‘10.20.12 Bees – when are you mailing out invites?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors