(Closed) 10.21.12 Anyone? Anyone?

posted 8 years ago in October 2012
Post # 138
688 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

hello Ladies, 

I have 2 quick questions for you. When are you having your bachelorette party and rehearsal dinner? 

Post # 139
1094 posts
Bumble bee

Bach party: 22nd or 23rd of September

no rehearsal dinner

Post # 140
688 posts
Busy bee

@Petite_Fraise:  I don’t know if we can afford a freaking rehearsal dinner. My Matron of Honor just called and said she was planning doing it the 19 of october. I was so hoping of doing it earlier but she is coming from england.

Post # 141
125 posts
Blushing bee

hi ladies! Its me.. Mrs Bravo, I changed my username… sorry ive gone MIA

Updates: im sending my invitations earlier than expected because my Fiance started to freak out about OOTG getting their visas ready… so my sis is making them in a rush.. not ideal but heck… its ok.

Also I will be having a bridal shower hosted by my mom, grandma, aunt and sis in August πŸ˜€ Still dont know about Bachelorette party but Im almost sure its going to be the same week of the wedding, maybe friday and the rehersal dinner saturday night.

Post # 142
1094 posts
Bumble bee

@sexxysheddy:  Ya we figured we couldnt afford one/not necessary. I know we will be having a dinner Friday night with FIs family and i’m thinking of doing a lunch Saturday with mine. Both would be casual/at home

Post # 143
125 posts
Blushing bee

Hey girls!!

How is everything? I have been really stressed and moody about something, I kinda need to vent a little and Im still confused about it.

Its kinda silly that my Fiance and me have been arguing about the invitations… You see.. most of our family are OOTG and need to arrange visas and paperwork to come to our wedding… from the start my sis who is a graphic designer offered to do them for us… but then, because of family having issues on the embassy my Fiance started to freak out saying he wanted the invitations send like NOW… i couldnt argue against it so OK that wasnt the problem… when I told my sis she panicked saying she didn have anything ready so we suggested to her that she coud send the desing to a printing company in our hometown (sis is in canada) to make things faster… so she basically designed a very simple invitation (witch I like) and I showed it to Fiance… he just said that I should make the desition, agghh… men… ok, so my sis worked on them for a week and finially today I called my Future Mother-In-Law for her to contact the printing guy… (i currently work across the country so i have to rely on her for a lot of things) and basically she told me that my Fiance didnt like the invitations… i was like (huh??) she said that they were too simple and that the printing guy (who happens to be Fiance cousin) was going to make another invitation desing to see if we like them… so I totally freaked… 1. Because he didnt tell me sooner, and 2. I couldnt just switch designers and do that to my sister!… so i Texted so and had a fight with him about it….

he told me again that I should make the desition but remembering that we agreed to used my sister because she supposedly was going to make something better than most of the invitations that are out there…(translation: I dont like them) that he only wanted them done. I argued that he should have told me he didnt like them in the first place…. geez so i ended the discussion saying that i didnt care anymore and that we could print both invitations and that he would decide because I was done with the hole thing…

And now im sad cuz I dont want to upset anyone…. πŸ™

sorry… really confused

Post # 144
688 posts
Busy bee

@Nini_Crown:  hugs my friend. Why dont you use both. use your sister invites for your family and the other for his family. I am having two invitations myself. My family invites will be in french while his family will be in english. 

@Petite_Fraise:  are you having a reherseal at all to practice what is suppose to happend at the ceremony. We are tight for cash and I want to pratice but dont want to spent $$ for dinner afterwards…ugh

Post # 145
125 posts
Blushing bee

@sexxysheddy:  you know… thats a great idea! πŸ˜€ thank youuu

Post # 146
125 posts
Blushing bee

@FutureMrsNee:  Heey girl! how did your seamstress appointment went? im still sressing abou the DJ too XD

Post # 148
125 posts
Blushing bee

@FutureMrsNee:  “ weird sticky outie thing” hahahaha totally get it XD. Sounds like you are in reaaly great track, my dress doesnt come in until end of august, hopefully wont be needing much alterations also. 

Ive been going to the gym for about two weeks now and I feel great… gotta get those arms and abs tight!! hahaha

Post # 150
688 posts
Busy bee

@FutureMrsNee:  I do not even go to the gym I just watch what I eat. I have grill chicken and salad every day. on the weekend I am bad and have a burger. I also play lots of tennis so I am always  hungry. ugh…but I know when its time for crunch time u will be ready! 

Ladies I have great news I just hired a wedding coordinator and I am so happy. She is very nice and was very reasonable price. I told her after the wedding she needs to be my life coach. 

Its almost 4 months away. I am so nervous for our big day but cannot wait to be a Mrs.

Are any of you ladies using a wedding coordinator. 

Post # 151
1094 posts
Bumble bee

Ladies… I don’t know how to break this to you… but there is ONLY 4 months left!

On another note, called Vera Wang the other day to book my first fitting/alterations apointment (since it’s 5 hours away I need to plan a long weekend to do all my fittings condensed) and it’s only going to be at the end of September!!! I can’t believe I have to wait that long to see and try on my dress again!

Still haven’t ordered my invitations yet but I’m thinking of ordering them online anyways…

The topic ‘10.21.12 Anyone? Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors