(Closed) 10/30/10…tomorrow marks the 6 month countdown!

posted 8 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I can’t believe it!

I still have to figure out our florist and cake.  Those are the biggest things to do.  On top of that I have to figure things out like hotel blocks, invitations, first dance music, etc.

Not sure what we’re gonna do about favors either.  I was thinking about caramel apples, but I’m just not sure.

Post # 5
175 posts
Blushing bee

There’s a candy shop that makes really great ones near me that we’d get to make and hopefully they’d give us a discount for ordering so many.  But of course that all depends on where we land on our budget when the invites go out and we get the final head count.

I feel like so much depends on the final guest list.  I want to start getting things taken care of that need to wait on until I know who’s coming.  Kinda frustrating.

Post # 6
24 posts
Newbee

Yay! Less than 6 months to go! I was so excited on Friday to see it marked on my calendar!

Glad to see I’m somewhere around you guys as far as decisions are concerned.  I LOVE the caramel apple idea!  As of now, I have an appt with a florist in a week and need to make an appt with my cake lady. In the process of getting sample invitations sent to my house. And I just picked up my dress in New Orleans yesterday!! (Of course, still needs alterations) But I’m super pumped about actually having it in hand!

What colors did you guys decide on? My bridesmaids are going to be a deep red and I’m thinking about having brown, ivory and bronze as accent colors.

Post # 7
104 posts
Blushing bee

I’m so exctied that we finally hit the 6 month mark!  I am way ahead on planning because I have been doing it for over a year now.  The only think that needs work is the guest list.  I need to meet with my cousin who is making my cakes, but I already have the cake designed.  I’m just waiting for August to come so I can get my dress fitted and pick out tuxes!  Other than that, I need to get going on making the decorations!  I am making pew decorations and the centerpieces as well as finish up some of the coursages and bouts.  We just got done registering this weekend!  We went kind of early to do it, but thats only because my Maid/Matron of Honor (sister) lives in PA and can only come to NE in June to throw me a shower!  Cant wait!

Looks like you guys are doing well on your planning!  And carmel apples!  YUM!

@katie, we have almost the same colors!  My girls are wearing brown, then we are having deep red, with ivory and champagne accents!

Post # 8
305 posts
Helper bee

I’m not exactly 10/30/10, but I’m close! I’m 10/22/10 so I celebrated the 6 month countdown just a few days ago! We’re going with the autumn wedding theme mostly because as a Texan, we don’t get fall down here, so autumn is just absolutlely thrilling to me lol. Most of the big stuff is taken care of – venue booked, church booked, photographer booked, officiant booked, caterer book, cake baker booked, band booked, dress purchased, invitations designed, and lots of small details decided, but I am hesitant to actually start making paper products like Out of Town boxes, ceremony programs, and purchasing things just because it seems to far out to do that stuff right now…I don’t know. I’m kind of at an impass in the planning right now.

Post # 9
4123 posts
Honey bee

So, we’re actually at 5 months now! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

About 4 days ago I finally locked in with my caterer! woohoo!

My dress is in

Think we have a final bridesmaid dress

STD’s are half addressed (since before EASTER, my Fiance really needs to get me his addresses!) 

We just picked up our invites… (for real with the Save-The-Date Cards, love!)

Flowers are getting re-worked due to dress looks

it’s chaos over here!

Post # 10
325 posts
Helper bee

Scary– I just ordered p90x for the rest of the time pre-wedding. we are going to do it together.

I still have to pin down a caterer and make a play list, but everything else is planned. Now just paying the bills.

Looking for a good Halloween groomsman’s gift though.. the girls are getting masks and pahminas.

Can’t wait.

There was a Halloween bride on Bridezillas this weekend, look it up. ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘10/30/10…tomorrow marks the 6 month countdown!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors