(Closed) $1.05 postage, per invite seriously?

posted 8 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
1752 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I knew mine were going to be 61 each before I ordered and made mine.  I had a sample that I weighed.  It’s crazy, but I think that wedding invites and thank yous are keeping the post offices open!

Post # 4
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Wow that’s a lot.  Are you having a large wedding?

Post # 5
5670 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

We got mine weighed and the post office said 61cents so we added a rinestone (hardly weighs anything) and now they will be 81cents each because they can’t be scanned through the machine but will have to be scanned by hand.

Post # 6
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@roxy821: That is one expensive rhinestone. LOL!

Post # 7
3125 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

@jenny – get a 2nd opinion – sometimes one might be higher than another b/c the machine isn’t properly calibrated, etc.

Post # 8
2476 posts
Buzzing bee

Wow, hope you’re not sending too many invites!  Ours were 44 cents each… I kept our invites nice and simple.  🙂

Post # 10
1562 posts
Bumble bee

yeah. they didn’t / wouldn’t even weigh ours. just gave us the $.61 stamps specific for wedding invites AND I had to use the regular stamps (are they $.39 or $.41 now, I can’t remember)… for the RSVP cards we self-stamped for everyone. So I spent just at $1.00 for each invite’s postage. 80 of them. ugh.

Post # 11
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I feel your pain, sister. I was shocked to discover that my invites (pocketfold in 5.75″ square envelope) were also $1.05 to send. I had no idea they’d be so much. Another bummer is that I couldn’t find a really cool stamp combo at that denomination.

Luckily, we had to mail only 55 invitations to 90 guests. But when we got to the P.O. to mail them (a different branch from where we went the first time) they said it should have been just 84 cents per envelope, so apparently opinions can differ. If you haven’t already, it’s good to get a second — or even third — opinion before purchasing your postage.

Post # 12
562 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Ugh, those square envelopes will get you.  Our invites cost 61 cents to mail, but our STD (which were square) cost 75 cents!  Unfortunately those are the things you learn the hard way.

Post # 13
8 posts
Newbee

I hear ya…

Invites: 1.05/invite

RSVP: .28/RSVP (went the postcard route)

120 Invites

Total postage cost (not included the $44 in stamps we bought in advance for thank yous): Approx: $160!

Postage Pricing is CRAZY!

Post # 14
2111 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Our’s was the same! But we only had to mail 32 and the rest we hand delivered which saved us some $$$

Post # 15
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

It helps if you have a kitchen scale (even if it’s not digital). You can see how much your choices in paper are going to weigh as you go along (and before you get too committed to an invitation). Thick envelopes, heavyweight cardstock, heavy paper enclosures, foil-lined envelopes—it all adds up!

Post # 16
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Mine were $1.22!!!!!!!

The topic ‘$1.05 postage, per invite seriously?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors