(Closed) 10.5 week Appt.

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
288 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Congrats! When i go to the OB its always a relief to know that everything is going well. I too hate pre-natals they just make me sick thinking about them!

Post # 4
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Congratulations on a healthy check-up!

Post # 5
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - MacLean Park

Sounds great! Just be sure to double check your vitamins. I started taking those Gummy ones everybody raves about, then noticed after being completely wiped out with exhaustion for over a month that they don’t have ANY iron or calcium!! That’s 2 of the big 3 prenatal vitamins needed! Gee, thanks manufacturers!

Post # 6
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Can I ask why you don’t like prenatals. I just started taking them and I’m wondering if I’m going to have issues.

Post # 8
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I know this is pretty common knowledge, but I just wanted to add a friendly reminder to check the amount of folic acid you’re getting from your vitamins as well! 

It’s suggested that pregnant woman get at least 600ug per day from their supplement.  If your vitamins don’t have enough – then you can buy tablets that are JUST folic acid to add to your daily vitamin regimen ๐Ÿ™‚

Also – I’ve found that it really depends on the type of prenatals as to whether they affect the stomach or not.  Then again, I haven’t been pregnant yet  – so I haven’t had to deal with morning sickness while taking vitamins!!  Perhaps the kind I take now won’t agree with me once I finally do become pregnant ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 9
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

I’m curious about the regular vitamins too. It has been my understanding that you need prenatals for the extra iron and especially the folic acid. I take prenatals and don’t have any problems. Great for your hair and nails, too! ๐Ÿ™‚

That’s great your appt. went well! Sorry your husband couldn’t be there. Hopefully, he can go with you for the next one!!

Post # 10
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Just a bit advice on the calcium — do drink your glass of milk everyday!  Your body doesn’t absorb calcium as well in pill form.  Your baby will need a lot of calcium to form those strong bones.  If you don’t have enough calcium intake, then the baby will extract the calcium from your bones.

Post # 12
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@StbHisMrs: I’m lactose intolerant too!  I was really surprised that milk didn’t have the usual effect on my body.  At first I would drink a glass with a lactaid pill, but it got to the point where I didn’t have to anymore. 

The topic ‘10.5 week Appt.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors