(Closed) 10.6.12 Brides – Did you order your invitations yet?

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
1318 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Nope. My fiance is a graphic designer and he wanted very badly to design our Save-The-Date Cards and invitations. Which is awesome… but he takes forever! lol. He sent our Save-The-Date Cards to the printer, but they haven’t come in yet…

Post # 4
1458 posts
Bumble bee

Yeah! I got mine through an Etsy vendor, so I wanted to give her plenty of time. I will also be away from June 15- July 28 so I basically wanted to have them all ready to go (enveloped, addressed, etc) before June 15th. I think we’ll send them out end of July and we have an RSVP date of September 1st!

Post # 5
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

My wedding isn’t October 6th but I’m close!  That counts for something, right?  Sunday bride invasion!  😉 Haha!  I’m getting married October 7th and I actually am in the process of ordering them, lol.  The lady who is making ours is supposed to send me an invoice and tell me how we’re going to move forward in the process.  I kinda did place an order I guess but since there’s no invoice yet….O_o;; I feel like it doesn’t count.  Hoping I will hear back from her soon.  

I guess it depends where you get them from — this lady said they’d take about a month to get done and shipped to me back when we started talking.  I need to figure out when my RSVP deadline should be >_>; 

Also, have you not ordered them because you haven’t found something you love or just because you haven’t ordered them yet?  If you need help finding something you know we’re all here to help!!

Post # 6
43 posts
Newbee

Yes! I designed ours and ordered them from VistaPrint. We’re planning on sending them out in July with a RSVP date of September 1.

Post # 7
212 posts
Helper bee

I didn’t order them..I made them! So yep they’re done.  I used the Wilton kits from the craft store and they turned out great! I will be sending ours out mid August and having them rsvp three weeks later…you don’t want to give people too much time

Post # 10
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

@mags2233 thanks dear LOL! Cool

I heard back from my venue and they said they need the final count 10 business days prior to the wedding.  So I’m trying to figure out what a good RSVP date would be.  I figured I should give myself at least a week or two to contact stragglers who haven’t RSVPed back yet.  

I was told by my venue that invites are supposed to go out at least 2 months before the wedding.  O_o seems like a long time.  Does that make sense and sound right?

And I don’t blame you @mags2233 seating charts sound like zero fun.  Still not sure if we’re doing one or not.  I think my fiance kinda wants to do one and I really don’t care.  Kinda hoping we won’t have to, lol.  Does not sound like fun!

Post # 11
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m OCT 14.  I’m DIYing them from a Wilton set. The draft looks great! Sending them out late August.

Post # 14
2202 posts
Buzzing bee

AWE yay!! i am a 10.06.2012 bride!! We sent our out just last week!! so excited about it they have been very posstively recieved and we have already gotten 7 RSVP’s back.

Post # 15
157 posts
Blushing bee

I havent yet but I really need to because it takes 3 weeks to get them in. :/ Im more worried about getting the RSVP’s back in. :/

Post # 16
117 posts
Blushing bee

I’m waiting on paper samples from CatPrint this week, and if we like their paper we’ll have them printed immediately

The topic ‘10.6.12 Brides – Did you order your invitations yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors