(Closed) 10.6.12 Brides – Did you order your invitations yet?

posted 8 years ago in October 2012
Post # 17
2239 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@mags2233:  Yeah, I still need to figure out my RSVP date.  I keep reading that they have to go out 2 months before the wedding.  Need to look at what date my venue would need the count by and add like 2 weeks before.  Gonna ask the invitation lady what her recommendation would be.  There’s a lot of thought that has to go into invites.  lol x_x

Your invites are gorgeous!  I ordered mine too!  Woot!  Go us!

Post # 19
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

I ordered mine last month. They look like this:

My plan is to send them out sometime in August but my mom is pressuring me to send them earlier. She thinks people will need more time to make arrangements as most of my guests are out of town. I did send out Save-The-Date Cards, though, so I think they earliest I’d send them would be late July.

Post # 21
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Aure:  I would also send them out earlier since it’s a destination wedding — people need time to book accomodations.  

Post # 22
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@SuperDuperBrit: 
View original reply
@mags2233:  It’s not really a destination wedding, I live here in Las Vegas, as do many of my guests. We just have quite a few out of towners.

Post # 23
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Aure:  Oh okay!  How much of you guestlist would you say is out-of-towners?  If it’s a huge chunk of it I’d still send them out early.  I don’t really know how popular Vegas is in October but I think airfare there usually is more reasonable.  Either way people are gonna need time to book stuff.

Post # 24
3170 posts
Sugar bee

Nope, I’m designing them myself and taking them to office depot to print so there is no big rush. I’ll probably print them late June/early July!

Post # 25
117 posts
Blushing bee

Finally a date twin!

As far as invitations go, we are just ordering from Vistaprint. Invitations are about zero priority as far as we are concerned (gasp!)  When your budget is fairly limited you have to be choosy. Fancy invites got the cut early on. And, we have some groupons which makes everything crazy cheap. 

Post # 26
117 posts
Blushing bee

Yay fianally a date twin. Apparently I have not mastered the tagging thing. 

Post # 27
986 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Yes, I have my invites and they are at the calligrapher being addressed.  I plan to mail them out the beginning of July.  We have alot of OTT.

Post # 28
494 posts
Helper bee

I made mine and already sent them!! I’m way too much of a planner, hehehehe.

They are pretty simple, I got some pretty pearlescent paper from paperandmore.com and used white velvet ribbon, our colors are charcoal grey and white.

Post # 29
127 posts
Blushing bee

I just got mine in and glittered them up! Out they go tomorrow! Ahh so excited!

Post # 30
2363 posts
Buzzing bee

Just ordered ours this weekend!  (We didn’t order all of the pieces though….)

We are planning to send them out 3 months ahead with an RSVP date 6 weeks ahead.

Post # 31
836 posts
Busy bee

I’m not an October 06 bride, either, but I am October 13! My fiancé and I designed and ordered our invitations back in late March / early April. We sent them out on May 01. Most of our invitees live out of state and, while we don’t expect (m)any of them to come in for it, we wanted to give them time to make a plan if they do decide to attend. The RSVP date is, if possible, June 30. That gives me three months to plan everything without having to guess how much I’ll need. I like details. They’re good. They work for me. And I would like to have most everything done at least a month in advance. 

Please excuse the watermarks. 

The invitations:

Front:

Back:

RSVPs:

Front:

Back:

And stamps!

The topic ‘10.6.12 Brides – Did you order your invitations yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors