(Closed) $109 bed pillow….too much for the registry?

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
1523 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I say find cheaper ones. $109 for one pillow seems high to me, but this is just my opinion πŸ™‚

I might also feel this way because Fiance and I have to replace our pillows every 3-4 months. We have tried super expensive ones all the way down to the cheapos and everything because uncomfortable in 3-4 months for us.

Post # 4
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I think you should leave them, but I am a pretty big fan of nice pillows!  I might not buy someone else a $100 pillow, but someone on your registry might.  And, if no one buys them you can probably get 10 percent off and get them after!

Post # 5
5388 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I agree with MissBritt. I would keep it on your registry and if no one buys it, you can use the discount to buy it later.

Post # 7
5388 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

LOL FH and I have some king sized memory form pillows on our registry and they are pretty expensive.

Post # 8
2066 posts
Buzzing bee

Keep them on your registry!  You never know who might buy them for you.

Post # 9
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Hehe. I remember you posting about wanting to add the expensive upholstered headboard and didn’t have many common household things you wanted to add.  If I had an established household already, Id be the same way.  I’d have to think hard about everything I put on because I’m such a luxury lush, but fortunately we have very few household things yet and we can fill it with all the normal stuff.  I also think you should add those pillows!  It doesn’t hurt to try. πŸ˜‰

Post # 10
1932 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2008

who knows, maybe you’ll have a few friends go in together to get you the nice expensive things πŸ™‚

My best friend asked for my other friends’ phone number just so she could go in on the pan set i REALLY want that’s $235 for only 3 pans (and the lids :)). But it’s the ONLY set I want πŸ™‚

I think it’s a lot for a pillow, and I’m a pillow freak (we registered for like ten pillows!), so I would never buy someone a pillow at that much, but since you do have a lot of household stuff already, why not πŸ™‚ I was told by our registry consultant that your registry is a giant WISH LIST. Don’t look at price tags, just scan what you love haha.

but keep some lower-priced items as well for other guests πŸ™‚

Post # 11
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think it is just fine to register for a variety of things- just make sure you have less expensive things as well.  This is your wedding, you can “treat” yourself on the registry, nothing wrong with that!

Post # 12
9056 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I was terrible about registering for stuff too.  We registered for pillows that are much cheaper than what we usually buy for ourselves, because I was so embarrassed for people to know what we spend on pillows. 

Who gets to sleep on the dreamy pillow if you only get one?  hehe

Post # 14
406 posts
Helper bee

That’s a gift I would buy for someone.  A keeper- and you have good thoughts of the giver every night when you lay down your head.

Post # 15
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

we’ve registered for some expensive or oddball things that i was really hesitant about registering for, but my way of thinking about it is that if someone doesn’t want to get it for us, then we can purchase it ourselves! it’s a win either way, especially if we get a discount to finish the registry.

Post # 16
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

memory foam pillows are really nice, too….=]

The topic ‘$109 bed pillow….too much for the registry?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors